Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

If You Had The Chance To Erase One Movie From History, Which Would You Choose? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / If You Had The Chance To Erase One Movie From History, Which Would You Choose? (688 Views)

New Series Movie From Funke Akindele / Possessed, Another Blockbuster Movie From Nairalander / Who Remember This Popular Movie From Way Back. (picture Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Had The Chance To Erase One Movie From History, Which Would You Choose? by EkeneOlaedo(m): 10:44am On Jul 31, 2017

“It has to be this movie with the men and women thinking they have gold flowing in their veins.” Lol.

Gods of Egypt happens to be among the worst choreographed, worst acted and worst scripted movies of the twenty-first century and all times. A movie with the silliest plot I have ever seen.

When I first watched the trailer of this movie, I suspected something awry was about to be dished out despite the fact that my friends thought otherwise. At first, I noticed the prevalence of white casts used to depict Egypt. A turn off for me…

Despite the fact that I wasn't impressed by the trailer, I still decided to watch the movie all the same and when I did, what greeted me was total disappointed. At a point, I was angry, amused and scuffing at the bundle of garbage produced by Lionsgate.

The acting was poor, gods looked like total robots when transformed, the story was unbelievable and pretty ridiculous (I mean, a beast drinking up the nile?).

Another problem I had with it was it's Racial casting. I wondered why will this movie still choose to go down history as one that vehemently refused to see the ills of depicting Egypt as a white civilization and correct it. A big minus. No wonder it received a massive backlash on Twitter for that reason. I mean, anyone could have seen that coming, well except Alex Proyas and Basil Iwanyk. What on earth were they thinking? That the movie was going to become the next Avatar of the box office? ‘scuffs’

The films visual effects were an unbelievable crap thanks to its dullness and reliance on CGI. And then the actors were so poor in their acting that they always had to wait upon a Thorth, different from their white skin, to always come to their aid. He was the only excitement the movie tried to offer. I even wondered why Gerard Butler would agree to act in such a movie. Despite his prowess as an actor, I kept wondering if he really was the one in the movie or someone resembling him. Geoffrey Rush too.

Now, no more to be said for the sake of resting my nerves and saving my time, but if I had one shot at removing a movie from history, then I won't think twice about deleting this movie from the trashcan where it already is.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Erase One Movie From History, Which Would You Choose? by MobileGees: 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones game of Thrones

(1) (Reply)

[VIDEO] Seriki Ft. Reminisce – Saka Manje (teaser) / Emilia Clarke Looks Chic In A Pre-winter Print Midi Dress As She Has The NURSE O / Iptv Subscription For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.