Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Best Afromusic From The Month Of July - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Best Afromusic From The Month Of July (354 Views)

News Update: Finally ”in My Head” Dropping On The 19th Of July. / Top 10 Songs And Lyrics For The Month Of April / Top 10 Songs For The Month Of March 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Afromusic From The Month Of July by ezehuche: 11:14am On Jul 31, 2017
Hi All

Just to note, this is not another music app/blog/archiving site/blank.

I started this because I felt current music entities are putting too much focus on the secondary things.

Your favourite afromusic blog/app is too focused on number of clicks, website traffic, number of users, number of plays, downloads, payment, money etc.

But what about the product? We all deserve good music and I think this should be the main focus.

How It Works
It is called Good Music For You. But essentially:

We will provide list of songs released every two weeks and you help us to select best songs based on the one's you prefered and we will select the best ranking songs based on your ranking
and delivered it to your email and we will also make it available on our facebook page.

Good music for you will provides musics sources the best afromusic weekly so you don’t have to.

Key Things to note:
- The music comes to you rather than the other way round
- You only receive a handful of the very best songs weekly and the rest (noise) is ignored.
- It is free of Popular Artist Bias therefore mainstream and upcoming artists get equal exposure.

Please click here to select best songs you like from the month of July and also you can add suggestions and we will update the list.

Side note

Still have a long way to go due to my capability gap. Currently, music is manually curated with help from other people to handpick the best ones. But sharing with your friends will really help to curate best quality songs

However I believe this is a good starting point which is why I put it out.
P.S. This is not a startup. I’m not trying to monetise it. I already work so my goal here is to essentially change the conversation.

The Why

Good Music For You aims to bring to the forefront what should matter the most regarding music in Africa- Really Good Songs.

GMFY wants to change the current conversation, or at least bring attention to the quality of the music rather than being focused on other secondary things (website traffic, clicks and Youtube views etc).

The de facto question at all times should be: Is this song good? Then the conversation gets exciting.

The How

The way we bring the subject to the forefront is by providing people with the very best Afromusic released in Sub-Saharan Africa.

The What

We just happen to send the music by email every week to subscribers.
We will also make it available on our facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/goodafromusic.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Was Untrue And Unfounded / From The Fact That Intimate / Tycea Photo Album.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.