Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

6 Ways To Save Big On Groceries/food Items Online - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 6 Ways To Save Big On Groceries/food Items Online (543 Views)

Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. / Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500 / Incredibly Cheap Groceries From Raobiis Stores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Save Big On Groceries/food Items Online by gbengalite(m): 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
SIX WAYS TO SAVE BIG ON GROCERIES ONLINE

The internet has made everything practically seamless and stress-free; learning, selling and mostly buying. There is practically nothing you need to buy that you cannot get with the click of a button. Food is one of the most basic necessities for human existence and thanks to the internet and e-commerce; you can shop for any food staple you need just by the click of a button.
I hate going to the market and I love my meals homemade, so I am a huge online shopper, especially for groceries and food items. In my little shopping journey, I have discovered some tricks on how to save more while shopping for groceries and I would like to share them with you.
1. SHOP ON FOOD SPECIFIC SITES: Sites like Konga, Jumia, Olx, etc, sell everything there is to sell and as such, you might not have the best deals when it comes to shopping for groceries. However, food specific sites like Supermart.ng, Gloo.ng, tend to have better deals on grocery as this is what they are majorly into.
2. BUY IN BULK, NOT IN BITS: Most e-commerce sites tend to sell at a discounted rate and as such, it is very economical to buy in bulk. Buy at least a double or triple portion of what you need instead of buying 1 (except perishables). It will save your money and you won’t have to bother about replacing such item anytime soon.
3. BUY ONLY THE THINGS YOU NEED: Don’t be a shopaholic, buy only the things you need. This helps you save more and focus on only the things you need.
Re: 6 Ways To Save Big On Groceries/food Items Online by gbengalite(m): 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
4. INVEST IN FRUITS AND VEGETABLES: Fresh and natural foods are more economical than canned and processed foods. Buy fresh groceries and replace chocolates and all with fruits instead.
5. COMPARE PRICES FOR DIFFERENT SITES BEFORE DECIDING TO SHOP FOR ONE: I needed to get a tin of milk and I found out this site (smearena.ng) sells at a cheaper price, compared to other popular sites and this was after I did comparative search on different sites before choosing the one that had the best price. Don’t just be about names, as ecommerce sites that are less popular tend to sell at discounted rates to increase sales.
6. WAIT TO SHOP ON DISCOUNT/GIVEAWAY DAYS: Regularly, ecommerce sites sell their products at discounted rates, in a bid to attract huge sales and get more people to buy. Take advantage of these days to shop for your groceries and do bulk purchases.

Do you know of other ways to save money when shopping for groceries or anything online? Why not share in the box below.

(1) (Reply)

Tuesday Weight Loss Motivation / Get Rid Of Excess Weight And Belly Fat / Contact Me For Your Event Planning And Decoration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.