Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 1/8/17 Overcoming Mockery In Adversity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 1/8/17 Overcoming Mockery In Adversity (299 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 22/8/17 Children :god's Called Axe / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 9/8/17 God Can Do It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 1/8/17 Overcoming Mockery In Adversity by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 01, 2017
C. A. C., LIVING WATER
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

DATE: TUESDAY, AUGUST 1, 2017
TOPIC: OVERCOMING MOCKERY IN ADVERSITY
BIBLE READING: NEHEMIAH 4:1-15
MEMORISE: Hear, O our God, how we are despised! Return their reproach on their own heads and give them up for plunder in a land of captivity. (Nehemiah 4:4)

There are many strategies that the devil uses to obstruct the pathway of excellence. A typical example is an attack on the self-esteem of the individual. It is even much more difficult to bear, when the individual is going through adversity. In Nehemiah's experience, mockery was employed by his adversaries to attack his self-esteem, in building the wall (Neh. 4:1-3). They were called feeble Jews; an attack on their identity. The quality of their construction was regarded as inadequate; an attack on their ability.
Mockery makes its objects to feel as if their efforts will not amount to anything (2:19 cf. 4:2-3). It causes shame, thus becoming a direct attack on self-esteem. It is the direct opposite of what is necessary for attaining excellence. Mockery is even more painful, when it comes from those who are meant to be beneficiaries of outcome of the efforts being made. The psychological impact of mockery is difficult to bear because of the feeling of shame it triggers. It makes one doubt the importance of one's efforts (cf. 4:5), magnifying small challenges into huge obstacles. Mockery has the tendency to depress, making one lose momentum.
When you are being mocked, it is important that you do not give up because others do not approve of your efforts. Only ensure that you are doing what God desires (1 Pet. 3:13). The way we feel often determines our reactions to mockery. Untamed feeling of anger has the tendency to lead to murderous action. Remember that those who refuse to value us today may be the ones who will become proud of our achievements tomorrow (cf. 1 Sam. 10:26 - 11:15). Don't surrender to mockery (Judg. 10:18 – 11:1-4).

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Lord, help me to manage my anger when others mock my efforts, and give me the confidence when others attack my self-esteem.
2. Lord, guide me to expend my energy on my goals rather than those who mock me.
3. Lord, help wives/husbands who are being bullied/battered by their spouses, because of their resolve to follow You.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: NUMBERS 8 - 10

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 4/8/17 The Transient Nature Of Life / At Times I Doubt The Existence Of God Am I A True Christian / Bread Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.