Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,442 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Setting Up Computer School - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Setting Up Computer School (5379 Views)

6 Keys to Success in Setting Up Your Small Business / How To Build A Computer School And Profit In Two Years / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Setting Up Computer School by jesuseun1(m): 4:20am On Feb 10, 2010
i just move into an area and discover there is no computer school,so i have the idea of setting up one.and i hav a computer and IT background.though i am employed,but my work is shift,i hav up to 3 to 4 days off in a week.

i need ideas from you guys on how to successfully start the computer schl and how viable is it,i will appreciate response from those who are currently operating a comp schl.
Re: Setting Up Computer School by jesuseun1(m): 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2010
i need to hear from u guys.
Re: Setting Up Computer School by asscend: 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2010
Well done for spotting a need. The next thing is to go on to meet that need.

First of all, what is the distance to the nearest one in the area? Are the people comfortable traveling out to attend such a school, by this i mean they might not beleive anything good can come from their area.

You can start small and grow. Look for an office or shop space(rent or partner with an exsisting business).

Buy a few computers (even 4computers will do and start), remember your students are your adverts.

As money comes in; you use that money to re-invest. (Buy more equipments).

Please note this is a longer term thing so please keep your job for now while you grow your business, in a short while you will resign from your job and focus on your business.

Sit down now and do a quick budget estimate. Let it be very realistic, no need for saying you need 1millon naira wen you can start with 70k.

Most important, enjoy every stage. Don't be afraid of failing. If u don't do it you have also failed. So get on with it. Some one else might beat you to it, so act fast now. All the best!
Re: Setting Up Computer School by netmaker(m): 3:58am On Feb 12, 2010
nice,
Re: Setting Up Computer School by otitokoro1: 1:50pm On Feb 12, 2010
A story once told of an organisation that are working on better life for rural women. They got to a community and discovered that most of the women travelled long distance to fetch water. To taught the nicest project they could embark upon is to sink borehole, which they did successfully only to found out that they still travell same distance to fetch water in the stream.
The organisation failed to study why the women go that far. Women in that area are using that opportunity of long travel to water to gist because majority of them hadly get opportunity to interact with others since they are kept indoor by their husband.

The bottomline: DO not assume computer training is the need of your present location. Do your findings on why they have not got computer schools.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up Computer School by donline: 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2010
hi fri, it is a good idea but i will like u 2 know that there is a lot to hnow about this business. To be successful person in it call 08035057766 God will bless u and your business idea
Re: Setting Up Computer School by dani1luv: 5:27pm On Feb 13, 2010
jesu seun:

i just move into an area and discover there is no computer school,so i have the idea of setting up one.and i hav a computer and IT background.though i am employed,but my work is shift,i hav up to 3 to 4 days off in a week.

i need ideas from you guys on how to successfully start the computer schl and how viable is it,i will appreciate response from those who are currently operating a comp schl.

[size=15pt]What area are you talking about here. .coz it depends on the area you are. . Setting up a computer school is not an easy one. .just like you saying you want to open a computer school at Ajegunle.[/size] wink

1 Like

Re: Setting Up Computer School by jesuseun1(m): 10:00pm On Feb 13, 2010
thank u guys for all the replies,i hav a room to spare as d business space ,i am staying in a 2bed rm,d nxt comp school is about 3 bustops away ,and i dont think they are really doin it well.

i really want to start in a little way,i want to test the water,which i dont think we we cost me nothing to lose,just my self to start free computer training with introduction to computers,they just need to pay like N500-N700 for the hand out.this is just to announce the computer training school.

i am about buying a white board and place it in front of my flat,which is close to a road,foot path.and also paste papers around as fliers to announce the free computer program.interested person will be asked to text name to my phone.btw now and 3 wks time,i will know the response and how i can prepare for them and i will reply them on their phones on the commencement date.

i believe it will work,as the number of students increases,i will employ someone who can act as a front office and at the same time as an instructor
Re: Setting Up Computer School by consultmartins(m): 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2010
Before you start that business, i want you to do what every smart entrepreneur usually do. Don't be in a haste to start. Conduct a proper feasibility study. You will be amazed at the opportunities and threats that you have not noticed before. Remember, it is your money and you have to play smart with it.
Cheers

Re: Setting Up Computer School by gonyix: 5:46am On Feb 15, 2011
I have a cousin who is a Computer Engineering graduate, he's presented me with a proposal for a computer school that he would like me to invest in(as the owner) he would put his expertise to work as the director/teacher. I can afford the start-up money but my worry is that he is overly optimistic about a huge return on investment. Does any one in this forum know the intricacies of operating a computer/IT school? if yes i need help in deciding whether & how to proceed.
I do not live in Nigeria currently but intend to have a good thriving business there, I am willing to travel there every three/four months if possible.
Re: Setting Up Computer School by dtc2k(m): 9:47am On Nov 27, 2012
Tell your Boss, Church Members, Jumat Worshipers, Asalatu Members, Imam, Pastor, Choir Members, Office colleagues, family friends, 2go pals room mates, NYSC CDS groups and anybody you really love and care about...

DIVINE TOUCH COMPUTERS SCHOOL:Ibara, Abeokuta. Ogun State. BIG and BETTER. Visit us today or Text for further inquiries: 08039408822, 08088387338, 08179409183

Our unbeatable quality courses includes:
-Information Processing Systems (IPS)2 months
-Information Computation Program (ICP)3 Months
-Project Management Program (PMP)4 months
-Inside Graphics Program (IGP)4 months
-Career Enhanced Program (ECP)6 Months
-Computer Engineering (CEGN)4 months
-Financial Database Management (FDM)4 Months
-AutoCAD Program (ACAD)4 months

All with focused flexible training options:- MORNING/AFTERNOON/EVENING
Monday-Friday (WEEKDAYS CLASSES) -
Saturday-Sunday (WEEKEND CLASSES) -

Training Under the Best Enviroment
-AIR CONDITIONED TRAINING ROOMS WITH PROJECTORS
-CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY (STAND-BY-GENERATORS)
-1 COMPUTER = 1 STUDENT (FULL PRACTICAL COURSES) 3 HOURS DAILY
Re: Setting Up Computer School by babsnewton19: 9:40am On Nov 02, 2016
Hi guyz,
Please i'm in need of your assistance here, although i am new here. I am a graphics designer, thought i design soft copy but i want to venture into printing as well since there is more demand for it in my area. I tried reaching those i know they do printing to ask how they charge but they never disclose it. I'll be glad if i can be mentored for this here.

Printing such as:-
Souvenirs, Publicity materials, Educational materials, Office documents, Large Format printing & etc

I will be glad if there anyone who can mentor me here.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Setting Up Computer School by ogunnubio(m): 3:27am On Nov 03, 2016
i can help you with a formidable business plan with 3 years cash flow projection, profit and loss projection, sensitivity analysis, etc.. please, contact me on 07039359066

1 Like

Re: Setting Up Computer School by babsnewton19: 7:57am On Nov 03, 2016
Thanks @ogunnubio. I'll contact u soon
Re: Setting Up Computer School by betaessays: 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2017
http://businessplan.com.ng/computer-training-school-business-plan-nigeria/
Learn how to start a computer training school in Nigeria + business plan regardless of your location in Nigeria
Re: Setting Up Computer School by joeyreports: 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2019
You can get the full Computer Training School Business Plan in Nigeria PDF Feasibility Study
https://www.nigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/computer-training-school/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s E-payment Transactions Hit N56.85 Trillion / Help: I Won 8Million From 1xbet But They Only Credit Me 5Million / Paylater Promo/referral Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.