Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital (1019 Views)

50+ Business Ideas For Teens In 2020 – How To Make Fast Money / 50 Business Ideas In Nigeria With Little Capital You Can Start In 2020 / I Have Workable Business Ideas To Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 9:47am On Aug 01, 2017
In this series, we will be reviewing 50 business ideas that can be started with little capital and in some cases, no capital at all.

1. Hydroponics:;

This is a method of growing plants without soil using mineral nutrient solutions. This method can be used to grow plants like tomatoes, lettuce, pepper, and several other plants.

There are so many advantages to this method the first is that you can cultivate indoors. Secondly this approach reduces the risk of plant diseases. These are just a few of the many advantages of hydroponics.

You can start a hydroponic vegetable garden from the inside of your home.

Please do a quick research before venturing into Hydroponics. I also recommend you visit a hydroponic farmer before you start.

Another opportunity could arise from creating the nutrient solutions for hydroponics and selling to farmers. This could prove very lucrative. Please make sure to experiment on your own before going commercial. Some countries may require certain regulations hence you may want to check your country's regulatory requirements first.

Source: http://www.owomatters.com/2017/06/50-business-ideas-to-start-with-little.html

Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 9:50am On Aug 01, 2017
2. Metal scrap collection:
This is another lucrative business. I do not expect you to become a scavenger - pick metal scraps from the streets(though they make a lot of money). Many companies depend on metal scrap collectors for their operations. What do they do with metal scraps? - They recycle them by simply melting and remolding them for several industrial productions.

You can start from not discarding those metal spare parts your mechanic removes from your vehicle. Again you may also want to partner with your mechanic to help you gather the metal scraps from their other customers. The odds are that your mechanic already knows about this but before you start making him any offers, you might want to confirm the following:

1. Is there a metal recycling plant in your city?
2. How can you carry these metals to them? - cost implications of transporting the metals
3. How much do they (recycling plants) buy these metals? - Usually weighed in tonnes(this varies with location and country)

By the time you are able to answer these questions, you would be in a better position to negotiate (especially with your mechanic).

Apart from vehicle spare parts, most recycling plants also accept aluminium cans like those used for beverages, old desktop computers etc. I am sure you have a couple of ideas already.

This sure will not cost an arm and a leg to start.

Source: http://www.owomatters.com/2017/06/50-business-ideas-to-start-with-little_30.html

Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 9:55am On Aug 01, 2017
3. Aloe Vera gel production-

This is another very lucrative venture. especially for people who live in the humid regions in sub Saharan Africa.

Due to the so many uses of aloe vera, there is a large demand for it (especially the gel).

Just one aloe vera plant can grow to become a large aloe vera garden and in many cases eve become a nuisance. You can capitalize on this sporadic growth rate and extract the gel from the mature plant and you are in business.

Some cosmetics companies even source for the whole plant itself.

This is a good opportunity you can tap into. Even if you don't want to use it commercially, aloe vera plant is one plant you need to have in your garden as various researchers have attested to its therapeutic efficacy.

Source: http://www.owomatters.com/2017/07/50-business-ideas-to-start-with-little.html

Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 9:58am On Aug 01, 2017
4. Snail farming -
This is one of the businesses on my bucket list. Snail farming is a very lucrative business. Snails are hermaphrodites (which means that a snail posses both male and female reproductive features).

The giant African snail lays so many eggs and their survival rate is very high (more than 90%). Snails are resilient and can survive without food for upto six months.

Please do a little research and start small. You can start from where you are right now.

Source: http://www.owomatters.com/2017/07/50-business-ideas-to-start-with-little_1.html

Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 10:03am On Aug 01, 2017
5. Plastic recycling -

In many parts of the world, plastics are causing a lot of damages. I was watching a documentary sometime ago and I saw the grave damage caused by plastic wastes to birds. These plastic wastes are washed offshore by sea waves and while these birds search for food they also ingest some of these plastic materials. This was clearly seen in the decayed remains of the dead birds.

Asides these, plastics and poly bags cause a lot of night mares to farmers and you can become a part of the solution.
There are so many plastic recycling plants around the globe and almost all of them source for plastic materials to stay in business.

This business is easier in countries where waste recycling is not yet fully harnessed. Gather plastic waste materials and resell to the plastic recycling companies near you: It is easier to start this way since the cost of acquiring the recycling machine could be fairly high and out of reach to many people . There are so many ingenious ways to gather these waste materials.

Source: http://www.owomatters.com/2017/07/50-business-ideas-to-start-with-little_64.html

Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 10:06am On Aug 01, 2017
6. Android games:

Yes, Android games are a great source of income. Android is no doubt the most popular operating system in the world.

Many of the games on android are free. I am sure many people will be wondering how someone can make money from a free game, well I am about to tell you.

There are two major ways to make money from android games:

1. In -app purchases: subscribers get to pay small amounts to purchase new levels or special effects.

2: Ads by google

Even if you have no knowledge of app development, you can use the services of the so many freelancers online and offline as long as you can come up with a very simple game idea (you can uniquely modify an already existing game). The simpler, the better.

Source: http://www.owomatters.com/2017/07/50-business-ideas-to-start-with-little_3.html

Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 10:18am On Aug 01, 2017
7. Video blogging (Vlog) :

Some years ago while I was still working, I created a video on Youtube with the intention of selling a software. I was satisfied with the sales I was making until I had upto 10,000 Youtube views. I received a notification from Youtube with a suggestion to monetize the video. I obliged and that was how I realized the potentials of this great opportunity.

Video blogging also called vlogging is a cool way of getting extra income with your passion.

You can post original videos on Youtube or anyother vlogging site and earn some cash from adverts. Youtube is the most popular vlogging site. Make sure you read the terms and conditions and strictly adhere to the policies so as to avoid been banned from the service.

I have seen many video bloggers who blog on several niches including comedy, entertainment, music, gaming, etc. You can bring your passion to light by simply recording yourself doing what you love doing and posting it on a vlogging site. I have benefited from this and I am sure you too can .
Source: http://www.owomatters.com/2017/07/50-business-ideas-to-start-with-little_4.html

Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 10:20am On Aug 01, 2017
8. Paper recycling:

This is also good if you have access to a lot of waste paper.

I encountered this opportunity while I was writing my thesis for my Bachelor of Technology Degree. I was to produce paper from water Hyacinth ( a sea weed). To get the project started, I visited a few paper manufacturing companies and that was where I first learnt about paper recycling.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you have access to lots of paper waste, its not waste any more. But before you start getting excited, I suggest you locate some paper manufacturing plants close to you and find out all you need to know:
1. How much they pay for specific quantities
2. The minimum quantity they accept
etc

An old friend who was into book binding many years ago would always gather all the paper trash and refuse to let the refuse collector get close to them. It did not make sense at the time why he would refuse to dispose waste, but it eventually made sense during my project.

You too can give this a shot, but it is better if you have free access to paper waste.

Source: http://www.owomatters.com/2017/07/50-business-ideas-to-start-with-little_5.html

Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 10:27am On Aug 01, 2017
9. Poly-bag cutting and sealing:

Mr D closed his shop where he was running computer software and hardware training. His shop was very close to my house. I would drive by on many occasions and wonder what had become of him. One day I ran into him at a mutual friends party and I was so excited to see him again. While we discussed he told me he started poly-bag business. At first I thought he was buying and reselling or better still that he was most likely importing.

He explained that he buys already processed poly-bags in rolls and takes them to cut and seal on hired equipments ( since he could not afford the machines at the time). He has since relocated after buying the cutting and sealing machine.

You too can start as well. You don't need to start with buying the cutting and sealing machine. You can look for hire options and grow from there.

You would be pleasantly surprised how something that seems so irrelevant can make you so much cash. Think about it, most of the things that you buy at the supermarkets and malls are packed in poly-bags. This is an opportunity that many people often look down on but a little feasibility study will open your eyes.

Best wishes.

Source: http://www.owomatters.com/2017/07/50-business-ideas-to-start-with-little_41.html

Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 10:31am On Aug 01, 2017
10. Bag making :

You may or may not know but I will tell you that most women don't joke with hand bags (especially matching colors). This demand for matching colors is a huge business opportunity.

My sister in-law currently undergoing her one year compulsory national service learnt how to make bags in a few weeks. She sent in the pictures below:

The interesting thing is that she already sold all the bags she made even while still learning the art. This shows that the opportunities are ample.

You could also venture into making school bags most of which can double as Laptop bags.
A little research will teach you a lot to get started.

Source: http://www.owomatters.com/2017/07/50-business-ideas-to-start-with-little_44.html

Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 10:35am On Aug 01, 2017
11. Fabric making:

The local Aso oke, Akwete, or Kente cloth making is an art that can be learnt.

These are hand woven fabrics and this business is a money spinner if you can learn how to make any of the above mentioned fabrics.

I am hoping that subsequently on this blog we will be able to sponsor several interested people to learn this skill among other skills.

Source: http://www.owomatters.com/2017/07/50-business-ideas-to-start-with-little_8.html

Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by honestivo(m): 11:07am On Aug 01, 2017
Good one ,I will like to contact you pls
Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by mrjaybaba(m): 11:26am On Aug 01, 2017
Thanks OP
Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 12:46pm On Aug 01, 2017
mrjaybaba:
Thanks OP

Welcome
Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 12:47pm On Aug 01, 2017
honestivo:
Good one ,I will like to contact you pls

Thanks. sent a reply
Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 10:50am On Aug 02, 2017
12. Shoe making:

Shoe making (especially children shoes) is not as difficult as you may think.
I did not know this until recently when a neighbor enrolled in an offline training program: see some pictures below:

This is a business you can learn and start in a very short time and the prospects are massive.
We are making arrangements to sponsor interested people to learn this skill.

The most lucrative would be baby shoes (in my opinion) as the need arises every now and then more so as statistics has shown that the number of births are consistently on the rise. Babies grow fast and most adults can wear shoes much longer than babies/toddlers.

Source: http://www.owomatters.com/2017/07/50-business-ideas-to-start-with-little_30.html

Re: 50 Business Ideas To Start With Little Or No Capital by Agunne: 10:53am On Aug 02, 2017
13. Freelance teaching:

My immediate younger brother is still into this and he makes more money than even regular teachers.

They came up with the idea of coaching students for O level exams (WAEC). Long vacation in summer and all they had to do was visit a few schools and share hand bills. Their teaching center grew to over 3000 students as the years went by. This was also made easier because of the performance of their pioneer students.

Currently they have made it an after school coaching service as many parents requested/ During the holidays they still continue with the holiday coaching. They charge a decent fee and it will shock you to know how much they make monthly.

You can start by choosing a subject you know you are very good at and if their is demand for other subjects (there always is), you can then look for friends and family who are also good with several other subjects.

A simple hand flier will get you started and the results will speak so loud that your flier will become irrelevant.

Source: http://www.owomatters.com/2017/07/50-business-ideas-to-start-with-little_10.html

(1) (Reply)

20 Business Ideas That Will Transform You In 6 Months / Who Can Help With Real Online Jobs That Pay. / Domain Trading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.