Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

The Don’ts In Public Transport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Don’ts In Public Transport (544 Views)

Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) / 12 Types Of People You See In A Public Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Don’ts In Public Transport by princeemmma(m): 9:53am On Aug 01, 2017
Nothing is good as having a personal car but sometimes taking public transport may be necessary. Nevertheless, it is good to have a personal car because it could hectic and annoying to take public transport. I see no reason why people can not differentiate between public and private transport. Good manner and attitude should not be practice in offices and homes, it should be practice in public transport too.

DON’T BE ENGROSS WITH YOUR PHONE

Some people find it convenient pressing their phone from the beginning of the journey to the end. To worsen the case, they gesticulate how interesting what they are doing is which will be disturbing others. This is bad because you might forget to alight at the appropriate bus stop. For security purpose, it is not advisable because the driver can have an evil intention and even co- passenger might rob you without knowing.

DISCUSSING YOUR PERSONAL LIFE
A public transport consists of many people with different background. Discussing your private life to a stranger is bad. You are exposing your self to insecurity.

USING EARPIECE

There is nothing bad in using earpiece but when you increase the volume too much makes it bad. Too much of sound can damage the ear drum. If you want to use an earpiece in public transport make the volume minimal and do not sing aloud. You might be carried away when using the earpiece and you will also be disturbing other passengers.

MAKING NOISE

Making noise in public transport is usual routine for some people. Receiving calls in public transport does not warrant shouting in buses or cars. Some people will be talking on top of their voice like the person they are talking to is on the road. It is preferable not to pick calls in public transport because sometimes you will not hear what the person is saying but if it is urgent you can pick it but in a very cool voice and not by shouting.

AGGRESSIVENESS

Try as much as possible to be accommodating. Some people find it difficult to allow another passenger sit beside them for reasons known to them. This is not a good manner as it make the other passenger feel embarrassed.

SMELLING BAD

If you are the type that with body odour please try to use deodorant before going out and if you do not have try to always smell nice.

Always try to be considerate when using a public transport, it shows our rate of civilisation in the society. There is a popular saying that says first impression last longer, some people have the ability to recognise people once. If you have practice any of the attitude listed above it will give the person a wrong impression about your personality. Let us be conscious of our environment.

Re: The Don’ts In Public Transport by stGabrielo(m): 10:00am On Aug 01, 2017
thanks op,but I'm addicted to using earpiece on high volume cos there some talkative on board and it irritate me,so I put on earpiece and mind my life wink

happy new month nlanders...may bubu come home this monthgringrin
Re: The Don’ts In Public Transport by johnsherdy10: 10:23am On Aug 01, 2017
Thanks you, you can use earpiece to help you dont listen anything around you. wink me too

(1) (Reply)

Is How South African Man Ridiculed Nigerian Visa / Please Someone Should Help Me With Dubai Traveling And How To Get Work / BA Offer Customers Free Flights To Celebrate Nigeria @57

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.