Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,976 members, 7,817,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Possible Smf Forum Change? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Possible Smf Forum Change? (747 Views)

Knowledge Of How To Install And Customise Smf Like Nairaland_please! / Smf 1.0.12, Now Really. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Possible Smf Forum Change? by iarm(m): 6:20am On Feb 10, 2010
It's known to those in the security field that SMF is not the most secure forum framework out there. SMF 2.0 has been released (as far as I know) with this forum running a version almost _three_ years old, I think at this particular juncture, it wouldn't come as a shock to any one if this particular forum has already been hacked.

Seun, I know you're not the sort of man that listens to such recommendations, but if any others would like to consider possible changes, or a framework alternate to this one, maybe it'd be worth starting up something similar, I was considering something along the lines of stackoverflow.com but with the general theme of ideas nairaland has.

I'm trying to keep this as short as possible, it's 6AM wink
Re: Possible Smf Forum Change? by switch411(m): 9:41am On Feb 11, 2010
?? Ignorance?! The version of SMF no matter how obsolete goes beyond what you see, it depends on what you personally do with the software you have.the matter of security and bugs can be taken care of without upgrading besides----------- carry this matter to webmaster section. cool

(1) (Reply)

Why I Am Stopping The Free Propertysearch For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned / Help Me To Enjoy Nl / Nairalanders, What Do You All Think About This Birthday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.