Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,360 members, 7,954,469 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:43 PM

I’m Alive – Awujale Speaks From Oriental Hotel - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I’m Alive – Awujale Speaks From Oriental Hotel (482 Views)

Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Awujale Is Not Dead, He Is Alive – Cousin Debunks Rumours / Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Alive – Awujale Speaks From Oriental Hotel by tee83: 1:13pm On Aug 01, 2017
The Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona, has dismissed as untrue rumours of his death, saying he is hale and hearty.

Some blogs had on Monday reported the death of the Ogun State’s 83-year old monarch, who is spending his 57th year on the throne.

But, the respected monarch debunked the rumours about his death in a telephone conversation.

The Awujale has for the past week been a guest of Oriental Hotel in Victoria Island, in Lagos, where he has been staying after a routine medical checkup in a Lagos hospital, two weeks ago.

Awujale expressed surprise that some bloggers could be spreading rumours about his death without confirming from the palace in Ijebu-Ode or from his chiefs.

“Why are people spreading rumours about my death, when I am right here at Oriental,”he said.

He enjoined journalists to check the veracity of their information, before publishing.

http://punchng.com/im-alive-awujale/

(1) (Reply)

Our Ancestors Are Not Evil.... By ODIMEGWU ONWUMERE / Healing The World Begins With Us / Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.