Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Javascript Programmers??? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Javascript Programmers??? (3349 Views)

Any Javascript Programmers / Javascript Programmers: Your Help Is Needed Here Please / Javascript Programmers - DM Me For Quick Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Javascript Programmers??? by Muhammedbashir(m): 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2017
Pls JavaScript Programmers, am JavaScript novice but not totally newbie. Am an average programmer in HTML and CSS.

I want to create a webpage using my HTML and CSS skills but am stock somewhere which is d JavaScript. I wan to create a page that only a dedicated password or text can preview d real page. I need JS code in such a way that when d page is loaded, d 1st thing is to enter a password or text and d text shouldn't be case sensitive before d page I coded using HTML and CSS be preview.

Pls JS coders, kindly assist me with d code to do that and it urgently needed.

Thank you in anticipation!!!
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by CryptoCoinr(f): 8:03am On Aug 02, 2017
I'm assuming this is a test/demo site you're using to practice, right?
What code do you have already?
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by Muhammedbashir(m): 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
CryptoCoinr:
I'm assuming this is a test/demo site you're using to practice, right?
What code do you have already?
Hmm, yes am actually using it as practice zone. I till have my code HTML codes at my system waiting to have d JS code before uploading it online!!!
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by CryptoCoinr(f): 12:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
Muhammedbashir:

Hmm, yes am actually using it as practice zone. I till have my code HTML codes at my system waiting to have d JS code before uploading it online!!!

Post the JS code you have.
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Muhammedbashir:
Pls JavaScript Programmers, am JavaScript novice but not totally newbie. Am an average programmer in HTML and CSS.

I want to create a webpage using my HTML and CSS skills but am stock somewhere which is d JavaScript. I wan to create a page that only a dedicated password or text can preview d real page. I need JS code in such a way that when d page is loaded, d 1st thing is to enter a password or text and d text shouldn't be case sensitive before d page I coded using HTML and CSS be preview.

Pls JS coders, kindly assist me with d code to do that and it urgently needed.

Thank you in anticipation!!!
make you question clearer
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by Muhammedbashir(m): 7:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
CryptoCoinr:

Post the JS code you have.

I don't have any JS code yet, am still learning d JavaScript codes but I needed it to perform dis current request ASAP.
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by Muhammedbashir(m): 7:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
bjhaid:
make you question clearer
am kinda of confused about this; I want to create a webpage dat only a dedicated password will open d real image of d webpage. Example; I have a page e.g steelprofile.wapka.mobi, now when I open d page, before I can see d actual content of d page I will need d password, let say when I open d page, d program will ask me "What is your name" and I enter bashir as my name den when I submit d name, if d name tallied with d name I used in creating d programs, d real content of d page will den open but if it does not tally, it will redirect me to another page of my choice or better still I programmed d page to display "Wrong name....".
Now my question is this; I no JavaScript can do it but what code will I use in JavaScript dat will perform d operation, I believed using "if" and "else" code will do it but my problem is this, "if" and "else" code can't work without using Alert(""wink.
So now, if am to use ifelse.js code, can alert box be use to redirect a page as in can I input URL in it or use window. location: URL along side with d ifelse.js code
And if not, what code can do it!!!
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by CryptoCoinr(f): 7:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
Muhammedbashir:

I don't have any JS code yet, am still learning d JavaScript codes but I needed it to perform dis current request ASAP.

Assuming I wanted to try and help I'd still need to see the DOM structure of your site.
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by badthinds: 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
Dear Muhammedbashir,

You see, if its the normal client-side javascript...that means all your logic would / can be seen by any of your page's client.

Anyway, as a programmer, learn to code your question the way you asked it...

Like this...
" I wan to create a page that only a
dedicated password or text can preview d real
page. "

Using js, this would mean you, maybe using an if/else/switch sstatement like

hey! Wait a minute... I hope you don't intend getting the password from a form?.

You may endup using the prompt() method.

<script>
var password = "letme";
var userInput = prompt("Enter Password", "****"wink ;
if(userInput == password){
//display something
} else {
//something else
}

//Or you can make a list of passwords
various passwords = new Array(){"letme", "grant", "blablabla"};
/*
Perform logic like looping through your passwords array from passwords[0] .. [n] and check them against the prompt()...if seen, modify a previously defined variable to hold the user's state
*/

Now, after all your work...anyone can view your passwords...especially smart programmers...if they see a javascript prompt, they'll raise an eyebrow grin grin.

Finally, why don't you learn aleast PHP?...with it you can get the password from a form and be sure no one would see your logic...aleast not from a source code viewer! wink.

Sincerely, badthinds.
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by CryptoCoinr(f): 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
badthinds:
Dear Muhammedbashir,

You see, if its the normal client-side javascript...that means all your logic would / can be seen by any of your page's client.

Exactly. That's why I asked him if it was a test/demo site because a real one wouldn't be using client-side JS but rather NodeJS or PHP.

1 Like

Re: Javascript Programmers??? by chigozie391(m): 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
Let him focus of javascript before php... He is just practicing to gain confidence.
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by CryptoCoinr(f): 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2017
Based on the suspiciously missing Post #10 and #11 and personal experience, I reckon the useless anti-spambot has banned him for 3 days from the forum.
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by Muhammedbashir(m): 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2017
CryptoCoinr:
Based on the suspiciously missing Post #10 and #11 and personal experience, I reckon the useless anti-spambot has banned him for 3 days from the forum.

Lol, you are very much right.
I was banned for three days, but seriously I don't know my offence.
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by Muhammedbashir(m): 8:01pm On Aug 05, 2017
chigozie391:
Let him focus of javascript before php... He is just practicing to gain confidence.
Yes sir. when am through with JavaScript den I will switch to PHP.
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by Teedawg: 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2017
first if you if its a page that has a form input of just username and password try something like
i will be using void languages in order not to get banned please correct them will typing them put the strings , paranthesis and curly bracket where is needed dont forget semi colons

input type = text value ="" name=username id=usrname
input type = password name=password id =passwrd value=""

for the javascript try something like
var username = document.getelementbyid[usrname] ;
var password = document.getelementbyid[passwrd] ;
for the login you can do
if open bracket username.value != "yourname" && password.value != "your specified password" close bracket
open curly bracket return false ; close curly bracket
now you have to make this script as a function which you will add as an onsubmit attribute to your form
i hope you have enough knowledge to understand this
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by CryptoCoinr(f): 9:26pm On Aug 06, 2017
Muhammedbashir:

Lol, you are very much right.

I knew it!

I was banned for three days, but seriously I don't know my offence.

I got banned too yesterday from this forum, twice! The reason? I posted a topic with code. Yup, I got banned from the Programming forum for starting a thread with a post that had programming code in it. *facepalm*
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by Muhammedbashir(m): 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2017
CryptoCoinr:

I knew it!

I got banned too yesterday from this forum, twice! The reason? I posted a topic with code. Yup, I got banned from the Programming forum for starting a thread with a post that had programming code in it. *facepalm*
This is my third time of being banned from this same post. Just because I included d demo site am using d JS code for.
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by CryptoCoinr(f): 9:58pm On Aug 07, 2017
Muhammedbashir:

This is my third time of being banned from this same post. Just because I included d demo site am using d JS code for.

Post it but remove the dots and (if it's there) "http".
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by CryptoCoinr(f): 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
Oops, looks like he got banned again. The anti-spambot buggybot is still as useless as ever. Muhammedbashir, if you can see this then try PM'ing Seun.
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by Muhammedbashir(m): 11:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
CryptoCoinr:
Oops, looks like he got banned again. The anti-spambot buggybot is still as useless as ever. Muhammedbashir, if you can see this then try PM'ing Seun.
Sincerely, they dont worth it anymore, I had enough of this, If not for d urgency. They are now banning me for good four times.

Just a few more trial for them before I moves to Nairaland
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by Muhammedbashir(m): 1:25am On Aug 10, 2017
badthinds:
Dear Muhammedbashir,

Anyway, as a programmer, learn to code your question the way you asked it...

Like this...
" I wan to create a page that only a
dedicated password or text can preview d real
page. "

Using js, this would mean you, maybe using an if/else/switch sstatement like

hey! Wait a minute... I hope you don't intend getting the password from a form?.

You may endup using the prompt() method.

<script>
var password = "letme";
var userInput = prompt("Enter Password", "****"wink ;
if(userInput == password){
//display something
} else {
//something else
}

//Or you can make a list of passwords
various passwords = new Array(){"letme", "grant", "blablabla"};
/*
Perform logic like looping through your passwords array from passwords[0] .. [n] and check them against the prompt()...if seen, modify a previously defined variable to hold the user's state
*/

Now, after all your work...anyone can view your passwords...especially smart programmers...if they see a javascript prompt, they'll raise an eyebrow grin grin.

Finally, why don't you learn aleast PHP?...with it you can get the password from a form and be sure no one would see your logic...aleast not from a source code viewer! wink.

Sincerely, badthinds.

Pls check your mail.
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by CryptoCoinr(f): 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2017
Muhammedbashir:

Pls check your mail.

Check yours smiley
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by Muhammedbashir(m): 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
CryptoCoinr:

Check yours smiley

Recheck now smiley
Re: Javascript Programmers??? by CryptoCoinr(f): 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2017
Muhammedbashir:

Recheck now smiley

Check your email.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Horizons Ict Training School Is A Scam / C++ Code To Add, Subtract, Multiply, And Find Deteminant Of Matrix? / You Are A Dev ? You Need Some Money ? Check In (New SURVEY )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.