Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

NUC Gets 240 Applications For New Varsities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Gets 240 Applications For New Varsities (692 Views)

FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities / Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! / President Buhari Directs Tetfund To Inject N24bn Into 12 New Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUC Gets 240 Applications For New Varsities by ikorodureporta: 7:16am On Aug 02, 2017
Source: Http://punchng.com/nuc-gets-240-applications-for-new-varsities/
Re: NUC Gets 240 Applications For New Varsities by Dunamiz(m): 7:19am On Aug 02, 2017
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
240!!!!!!! That's too much na
Re: NUC Gets 240 Applications For New Varsities by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 02, 2017
Dunamiz:
It's too small

2 Likes

Re: NUC Gets 240 Applications For New Varsities by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 02, 2017
Dunamiz:
A population of 200 million people with at least 50 million youth should have up to 500 universities. #fact.
Re: NUC Gets 240 Applications For New Varsities by Dunamiz(m): 9:58am On Aug 02, 2017
zubzero:

A population of 200 million people with at least 50 million youth should have up to 500 universities. #fact.

You and I understand the quality of education in Nigeria.
We don't need more universities (at least at the moment), we only need to work on the quality of our education. Everyone mustn't go to a University. We have under populated Polytechnics and College of Education all over the country.
240 new Universities sounds like 240 new time-wasting institutions to me
Re: NUC Gets 240 Applications For New Varsities by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 02, 2017
Dunamiz:

You and I understand the quality of education in Nigeria.
We don't need more universities (at least at the moment), we only need to work on the quality of our education. Everyone mustn't go to a University. We have under populated Polytechnics and College of Education all over the country.
240 new Universities sounds like 240 new time-wasting institutions to me

Do the math bro, people going to colleges of education and poly should be a choice, not because universities are not enough. I don't like arguing with people who dont see things from a global perspective. Do you know how many people are forced to change their career choices anually because schools are not enough... Dont even start.
Re: NUC Gets 240 Applications For New Varsities by Dunamiz(m): 7:33am On Aug 03, 2017
zubzero:

Do the math bro, people going to colleges of education and poly should be a choice, not because universities are not enough. I don't like arguing with people who don't see things from a global perspective. Do you know how many people are forced to change their career choices annually because schools are not enough... Don't even start.

I don't like discussing with people that sees things from only one angle. it's not a matter of doing the maths. This is a matter of working on the quality of education; working on the quality of education bestowed upon over 5million university graduates. Is that too difficult to do. Just in case you don't know, some firms pick HND holders over Bsc holders.
Reason: Because of the practicals done in our Polytechnics, which is evidently missing in our universities.
Re: NUC Gets 240 Applications For New Varsities by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 03, 2017
Dunamiz:

I don't like discussing with people that sees things from only one angle. it's not a matter of doing the maths. This is a matter of working on the quality of education; working on the quality of education bestowed upon over 5million university graduates. Is that too difficult to do. Just in case you don't know, some firms pick HND holders over Bsc holders.
Reason: Because of the practicals done in our Polytechnics, which is evidently missing in our universities.

Those who are building new universities aren't borrowing the money from you, rather they are helping the academic environment of the country, so you don't need to argue about its relevance.

Millions of Nigerians are in Ghana, Benin Republic etc stuyding at worse universities that dont have structures just because they want to graduate and there's not enough space in Nigerian universities. They come back here to do NYSC and you think all is well just because people arent complaining.

Mr. Man you're not exposed.

1 Like

Re: NUC Gets 240 Applications For New Varsities by Dunamiz(m): 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2017
zubzero:

Those who are building new universities aren't borrowing the money from you, rather they are helping the academic environment of the country, so you don't need to argue about its relevance.

Millions of Nigerians are in Ghana, Benin Republic etc studying at worse universities that don't have structures just because they want to graduate and there's not enough space in Nigerian universities. They come back here to do NYSC and you think all is well just because people arent complaining.

Mr. Man you're not exposed.

I don't need to waste my precious time exchanging words with you.
You are just another example of the typical Nigerian half-baked graduate i have been talking about. It's actually difficult to understand how you can't differentiate between a quality discussion and an argument.
All I am saying is i don't want another 240 Universities that will end up giving papers to people like you and tag them graduates.
Re: NUC Gets 240 Applications For New Varsities by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
Dunamiz:

I don't need to waste my precious time exchanging words with you.
You are just another example of the typical Nigerian half-baked graduate i have been talking about. It's actually difficult to understand how you can't differentiate between a quality discussion and an argument.
All I am saying is i don't want another 240 Universities that will end up giving papers to people like you and tag them graduates.

LOL. . . Carry ur wahala comot for here jor grin grin grin
Olodo man!

(1) (Reply)

Ui 2017/2018 Cut Off Marks And Screening Exercise / Ten (10) Things You Must Know As A Gallant Nigeria Soldier. / Why Is 2017/2018 OOU Admission List Is Being Delayed ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.