Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold (2475 Views)

What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account / Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) / Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by EUGENE4GOO(m): 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
On Friday 20th January 2017 , I mistakenly transferred #20000 to EZEANYA in Access Bank from my Stanbic bank .Till today I have not gotten refund of the money.. When I did the transferred I called my bank immediately and also called access bank but said they will get official instruction from my bank stanbic bank to process the money. Stanbic sent message to them to process the refund. I would have contacted the person I transferred the money to if I had her contact number. I waited for one good month no refund. I contacted my stanbic again to ask them how far they have gone. They told me that they have done the necessary thing.
After one month I got the phone number of the person I transferred the money to. I called her, and she said she received call from access bank about the issue. She told them to go ahead and do whatever they want to do. I asked her she can do the transfer by herself so that we ask the bank to stop their processing. She said that since the money is already on hold that if she does that, it is likely to be double transactions. I later agreed with her to allow bank to process it.After one month again I called her she said the money was still on hold and that she had reported to her branch for them handle the matter. She gave me her account officer's phone number to enquire from him. I called and he gave assurance that they are working on it. I waited till month of May and I did not receive anything. I decided to called her account officer to find out from him why I did not gotten alert.He was surprised when I told him that I have not receive the money. He said the money has been released since February. He went further and said I should contact my bank that the money is not in their custody again. I asked him whose account they released the money to, he said he doesn't know but all he knew was that the money has been released. I contacted stanbic whether they received the money without sending it to me. They replied that they did not receive any money from acessbank.
Please I need your help or suggestion on how to handle this matter.
Thanks
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by ediama(m): 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
Not all mistake can be corrected successfully.

Only the strong let go.

If na me, by now I for don forget am. No be money again?

Well! You are you.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
just mention their "head office must hear this" and you will see how fast they will forward themselves.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by EUGENE4GOO(m): 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
I didn't understand?
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by EUGENE4GOO(m): 6:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
wamiikechukwu:
just mention their "head office must hear this" and you will see how fast they will forward themselves.
I don't understand? Explain better
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by EUGENE4GOO(m): 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Please I need more suggestions
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by scarplanet(m): 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2017
Send separate Emails to the Head branch of Stanbic and Access... Cite the name of the bank officers involved and their branch. Also cite the name of the lady in the Email.

PS: Ensure u don't sound diplomatic in the Email
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by EUGENE4GOO(m): 11:01pm On Aug 03, 2017
Okay
Thanks
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by nenergy(m): 8:13am On Nov 26, 2020
EUGENE4GOO:
On Friday 20th January 2017 , I mistakenly transferred #20000 to EZEANYA in Access Bank from my Stanbic bank .Till today I have not gotten refund of the money.. When I did the transferred I called my bank immediately and also called access bank but said they will get official instruction from my bank stanbic bank to process the money. Stanbic sent message to them to process the refund. I would have contacted the person I transferred the money to if I had her contact number. I waited for one good month no refund. I contacted my stanbic again to ask them how far they have gone. They told me that they have done the necessary thing.
After one month I got the phone number of the person I transferred the money to. I called her, and she said she received call from access bank about the issue. She told them to go ahead and do whatever they want to do. I asked her she can do the transfer by herself so that we ask the bank to stop their processing. She said that since the money is already on hold that if she does that, it is likely to be double transactions. I later agreed with her to allow bank to process it.After one month again I called her she said the money was still on hold and that she had reported to her branch for them handle the matter. She gave me her account officer's phone number to enquire from him. I called and he gave assurance that they are working on it. I waited till month of May and I did not receive anything. I decided to called her account officer to find out from him why I did not gotten alert.He was surprised when I told him that I have not receive the money. He said the money has been released since February. He went further and said I should contact my bank that the money is not in their custody again. I asked him whose account they released the money to, he said he doesn't know but all he knew was that the money has been released. I contacted stanbic whether they received the money without sending it to me. They replied that they did not receive any money from acessbank.
Please I need your help or suggestion on how to handle this matter.
Thanks

Hi, I stumbled on your post while doing search about wrong transfers. Did you ever get your money back?
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by EUGENE4GOO(m): 6:28am On Jan 15, 2021
nenergy:

Hi, I stumbled on your post while doing search about wrong transfers. Did you ever get your money back?
I didn't get it .Banks they are terrible. Though my bank they tried all they could do to make sure they recover the fund Access bank kept on playing hanky panky

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by Wartsnigeria: 7:02am On Jan 15, 2021
I had the same issue April 2020, 80k was mistakenly paid into my account, I guess the person called his bank immediately and they blocked the funds of but till date the money is still in my account, no reversal to the owner. I got a mail from interbank settlement asking for authorization which I gave them but lazy Nigerians banks won't act
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by nenergy(m): 7:59am On Jan 18, 2021
Wartsnigeria:
I had the same issue April 2020, 80k was mistakenly paid into my account, I guess the person called his bank immediately and they blocked the funds of but till date the money is still in my account, no reversal to the owner. I got a mail from interbank settlement asking for authorization which I gave them but lazy Nigerians banks won't act
Please o, so your account is still blocked till date or they blocked just 80k?
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by nenergy(m): 8:00am On Jan 18, 2021
EUGENE4GOO:

I didn't get it .Banks they are terrible. Though my bank they tried all they could do to make sure they recover the fund Access bank kept on playing hanky panky
Nawa o! This is unbelievable. Access bank is getting notorious for poor handling of funds transfer and account restriction issues. Please don't lose hope, I hear these thanks can take up many months.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by EUGENE4GOO(m): 11:28am On Jan 21, 2021
Wartsnigeria:
This was what happened to me too. The lady gave them go ahead to release the money but till today I didn't see the money in my account
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by Thomthom(m): 9:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
EUGENE4GOO:

This was what happened to me too. The lady gave them go ahead to release the money but till today I didn't see the money in my account
This happened 4 years ago... Were you given the money later pn
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by EUGENE4GOO(m): 10:46pm On May 13, 2021
Thomthom:
This happened 4 years ago... Were you given the money later pn
I didn't get it oooo.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by jrobbins: 5:35am On May 14, 2021
Since the lady has given her consent for reversal, it should have been instant. Wtf is wrong with some RSM's? Do you still have all contacts involved?
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by jrobbins: 5:36am On May 14, 2021
jrobbins:
Since the lady has given her consent for reversal, it should have been instant. Wtf is wrong with some RSM's? Do you still have all contacts involved?
@eugene4goo
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold by Thomthom(m): 6:49am On May 14, 2021
EUGENE4GOO:

I didn't get it oooo.
Bro so sorry.. I was having a similar issue with yours....after the customer service said there was nothing they can do,... I went with my wife to Access bank the next day after taking 2 bottle of 33..
When we got to the bank, I politely asked for Access bank Manager.. But I was told he was not around, but what do I need him for.. And I told the person that I only want to ask him.. If he send 140k to a business partner and the partner did not get the money through the ATM machine outside the bank.. Will he seat down in the office and not do anything about the money in this God forsaking Economy of Nigeria of today, After much gra gra and plenty of English, grammer and crase, by 12 pm my wife got the alert of the 140k. I just thank God... Because the customer care mad guy has already dashed my hope of getting the money back that I sent the money to a wrong account..

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Need Of Nylon Sachets For Soap And Detergent / Coltan For Sale / Massimo Dutti Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.