Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,379 members, 7,846,611 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes (866 Views)

What Religion Teaches On Polygamy / JW And The Catholic Who Among These Folk Are More Disillusioned. / Spiritual Implication of Another Folk Shaving Ones Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes by dillyk(f): 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
I have come to notice most men think is their right to have any woman they talk to... thereby throwing insults at the same woman they made advances on... lets take this chat as an example.

Re: Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes by dillyk(f): 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
I see churches emphasizing on women behaviour like don't nag, don't quarrel, don't fight, talk like a queen, behave like a virtuous woman, but I hardly hear them telling men to think of how their actions portrayed their families... continuation of the chat

Re: Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes by thorpido(m): 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
In the chat I saw 'assumption is the mother of all fvck ups'.
Why have you Op come up with the same assumptions?
Re: Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes by thorpido(m): 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
dillyk:
I see churches emphasizing on women behaviour like don't nag, don't quarrel, don't fight, talk like a queen, behave like a virtuous woman, but I hardly hear them telling men to think of how their actions portrayed their families... continuation of the chat
Who have you been listening to or better still why have you not been listening to the right people?
Re: Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes by Young03(m): 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
I just d need the name of the site
Re: Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes by felixomor: 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
My religion teaches me to respect women.
Dont generalize

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes by dillyk(f): 6:30am On Aug 03, 2017
Can you kindly say the assumptions there?
thorpido:
In the chat I saw 'assumption is the mother of all fvck ups'.
Why have you Op come up with the same assumptions?
Re: Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes by dillyk(f): 6:32am On Aug 03, 2017
2 out of 10 is not a pass mark... im talking generalisation here... there are bodies who support equaliy but mist subdue a woman more..
thorpido:
Who have you been listening to or better still why have you not been listening to the right people?
Re: Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes by Amberon11: 6:36am On Aug 03, 2017
These people just generalize falsely.

It is written "men love your wives even as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it".

That shows that men should love their wives even to the point of giving up their lives for them. And we know that you cannot love someone without respecting them. So this is just fallacy of hasty generalization.
felixomor:
My religion teaches me to respect women.
Dont generalize

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes by thorpido(m): 6:56am On Aug 03, 2017
dillyk:
2 out of 10 is not a pass mark... im talking generalisation here... there are bodies who support equaliy but mist subdue a woman more..
Your title is wrong then because religion(well Christianity is not)teaches men to respect their wives.If you go through the bible you will see various examples and scriptures.
You may say you have not seen or heard much of it but like I said earlier,where have you been having your 'fellowship'?
Where I worship for instance,women have the third Sunday every month as their day.Men don't even have such privilege.
Re: Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes by dillyk(f): 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
No one said christ.. i said religion.. there are over 30 religions... islam, buddha etc...
Amberon11:

It is written "men love your wives even as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it".

That shows that men should love their wives even to the point of giving up their lives for them. And we know that you cannot love someone without respecting them. So this is just fallacy of hasty generalization.
Re: Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes by dillyk(f): 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
First discribe religion... christianity isnot the only ome... also yes some clearics pin point mostly on women behavious than men...
Amberon11:

Re: Its Sad Religion Teaches Men Nothing About Respection The Female Folk Wishes by Amberon11: 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2017
dillyk:
Then why did you mention the bolded?
dillyk:
No one said christ.. i said religion.. there are over 30 religions... islam, buddha etc...

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/12/17 / Pastor Chris Gifts Gospel Singer Ada Who A New 2017suv / GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.