Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

UK Masters Computer Sciences: Help Me Plan Well Towards - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UK Masters Computer Sciences: Help Me Plan Well Towards (549 Views)

Nitda Scholarship For Computer Sciences Related Courses 2018/2019 Is Out / Eko University Of Medical And Health Sciences Ijanikin, Lagos 2018/2019 POST-UTM / How Much Does It Cost To Run A Masters Program In University Of Jos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Masters Computer Sciences: Help Me Plan Well Towards by uvalued(m): 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
Greetings,

Am currently planning on furthering my Masters Programme in the UK, Computer Science to be precise.

I need the support and guidiance specifically in Computer Sciences in the following

What is the mode of studies in the Masters like?

What are the things they prize highly in PG study level?

How far apart is the academic syllabus from the Nigerian syllabus?

If you are doing Masters in Computer Science, can you direct me to where i can get a Masters Computer syllabus so that i can have a feel of the studies.

Thanks for your support.

PS - Finance is not a factor yet, but the studies etc
Re: UK Masters Computer Sciences: Help Me Plan Well Towards by BornAgainMay: 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2017
Rich kid, use the money n go to USA or Canada...

UK will chase you away after graduation n u will come to look for npower job

1 Like

Re: UK Masters Computer Sciences: Help Me Plan Well Towards by uvalued(m): 1:13am On Aug 04, 2017
BornAgainMay:
Rich kid, use the money n go to USA or Canada...

UK will chase you away after graduation n u will come to look for npower job

would love too but the sponsor wants a 1year masters programme and in uk for now...
Re: UK Masters Computer Sciences: Help Me Plan Well Towards by uvalued(m): 1:30am On Aug 04, 2017
this i got from this site which is a step in the right direction and would love to hear individual experience especial in computer science

Teaching Methods in UK Universities
Teaching methods and study skills vary depending on the course and university you choose.

Here is a short international student guide to studying in the UK.

Lectures: these large classes usually last for one hour. A lecturer or tutor will guide you through the subject and introduce you to new concepts and theories.

Seminars and tutorials: in these small classes, tutors will encourage you to debate and discuss a specific topic or piece of work. You will often be asked to prepare presentations and ideas for the session. Tutorials also provide you with the chance to ask questions and receive feedback about your work.

Practical work: many courses in law, the arts and sciences will include practical workshops where you can develop your practical skills.

Workplace training: some courses will give you a practical experience within a working environment under the supervision of experienced staff. "Sandwich" courses include a full year's work placement in full-time employment as part of the course.

In addition to these study methods, you will be expected to conduct your own independent study and research.

http://www.studylondon.ac.uk/application-advice/faqs/studying-in-the-uk

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Website Does Not Have Support - Worst In The Whole World / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / Hot Gist: Read On Why Jamb Reduce Cut Off Mark For Versities And Polytechnics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.