Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Help With Faulty Desktop VGA Port - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Faulty Desktop VGA Port (1241 Views)

Macbook Pro 15" VGA Problems Permanent Solutions Click Here For Info / Macbook Pro 15" VGA Problems Permanent Solutions Click Here For Info / We Recover data from Faulty Hard drives, flash drives, SD cards etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Faulty Desktop VGA Port by Collinz2(m): 11:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
Hey guy please help me to figure out what is wrong with my desktop vga port. The computer was working fine connected to a tv but one day as i switch it on it did not display.

i thought it was the vga cable so i tried it with a laptop and it worked fine, i tried the desktop again nothing untill i shake it then it will display and went off again.

i want to know if the vga port on the motherboard can be repaie or replace and how much or any alternative?

or could it be the fault of power outbreak cus i have no ups so when i switch on nepa just interrupted the power and pc refuse to boot, i search google and fix it but it happened again but this time the generator switch off and no the pc wont boot. Can it be the cause.

computerboy please help me.
Re: Help With Faulty Desktop VGA Port by computerboy: 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
Collinz2:
Hey guy please help me to figure out what is wrong with my desktop vga port. The computer was working fine connected to a tv but one day as i switch it on it did not display.

i thought it was the vga cable so i tried it with a laptop and it worked fine, i tried the desktop again nothing untill i shake it then it will display and went off again.

i want to know if the vga port on the motherboard can be repaie or replace and how much or any alternative?

or could it be the fault of power outbreak cus i have no ups so when i switch on nepa just interrupted the power and pc refuse to boot, i search google and fix it but it happened again but this time the generator switch off and no the pc wont boot. Can it be the cause.

Desktops are generally easier to fix than laptops. I guess your PC has passed the do it yourself stage. I'll advise you take it to a technician. There's still hope for it
Re: Help With Faulty Desktop VGA Port by dragnet: 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2017
Collinz2:

get a technician to fix it or simply get a pci graphics card that you'll just slot in the mb and plug ur monitor to.
Re: Help With Faulty Desktop VGA Port by Collinz2(m): 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2017
computerboy:

Desktops are generally easier to fix than laptops. I guess your PC has passed the do it yourself stage. I'll advise you take it to a technician. There's still hope for it
which cheap PCI card can I get pls

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Website Not Opening On Browser / I Need Acer Aspire E15 Laptop Urgently / Largest Known Prime Number Containing 23M Figures Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.