Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Computer Monitor As TV?? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Monitor As TV?? (1475 Views)

Acer Computer Monitor SOLD..! / How To Convert Your TV Set To Computer Monitor(tutorial) / sold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Monitor As TV?? by DogCynophile(m): 11:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
Hello nairalander and computer gurus in the house. I have a puzzling question and thought, I was wondering if it's possible to use a computer monitor as a TV screen, I know the monitor won't have an aerial port and no remote and in some cases no speakers. I was wondering if there is a way I connect my dstv decoder to the monitor for viewing then connect the decoder too to my sound system for sound. Please is it possible? And if it is what re the procedures. Thanks.
Re: Computer Monitor As TV?? by serverconnect(m): 1:02am On Aug 04, 2017
Go and buy TV tuner box. It has a remote controller and where you can connect antenna. Including in to in port.
Re: Computer Monitor As TV?? by serverconnect(m): 1:07am On Aug 04, 2017
DogCynophile:
Hello nairalander and computer gurus in the house. I have a puzzling question and thought, I was wondering if it's possible to use a computer monitor as a TV screen, I know the monitor won't have an aerial port and no remote and in some cases no speakers. I was wondering if there is a way I connect my dstv decoder to the monitor for viewing then connect the decoder too to my sound system for sound. Please is it possible? And if it is what re the procedures. Thanks.

Go and buy TV tuner box. It has a remote controller and where you can connect antenna. Including in to in port.

1 Like

Re: Computer Monitor As TV?? by DogCynophile(m): 7:08am On Aug 04, 2017
serverconnect:

Can it be used with a computer monitor and how much does it cost?
Re: Computer Monitor As TV?? by serverconnect(m): 7:36am On Aug 04, 2017
DogCynophile:

Can it be used with a computer monitor and how much does it cost?
YES. The last one I bought is 14k and it works perfectly.
Re: Computer Monitor As TV?? by DogCynophile(m): 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
serverconnect:

It's expensive na, it's almost the price of a tokunbo TV set, I'm looking for cheaper means. Thanks all the same
Re: Computer Monitor As TV?? by kayzat: 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
serverconnect:

Like how many monitors can 1 of this work for?

1 Like

Re: Computer Monitor As TV?? by serverconnect(m): 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
kayzat:

Like how many monitors can 1 of this work for?
It has several ports to be connected.More than one.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent: What Do I Need To Successfully Upgrade My Graphic Card / FIFA 16 Or 17 On PC / Why Isn't Cortana Available On My Windows 10 PC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.