Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,397 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Why Femi Kuti Did Not Attend The 2010 Grammy Awards - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Femi Kuti Did Not Attend The 2010 Grammy Awards (959 Views)

Wizkid Ft. Femi Kuti - Jaiye Jaiye Video / Rhythm93.7 Has Won The 2010 Radio Station Of The Year Award! / Winners Of The 2010 Channel 0 Music Video Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Femi Kuti Did Not Attend The 2010 Grammy Awards by kokoye(m): 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2010
. . .I was even shocked to have been nominated again, because the first time I went to the awards during my first nomination, I walked out in annoyance. First I thought we were going to be televised, but it wasn't. They only televised the Madonna's, the Jay Z's and the Beyonce's of this world. . . . When I arrived at the red carpet, nobody came for me, my record company didn't come, I felt stupid and so I knew I could not win. I sacked my manager, a French man, and they sacked me too. The journed back home was very long. I felt sad. Since then I vowed never to attend the Grammy Awards again. My father never went for any awards, and where they presented him an award, he didn't go personally and when they brought the award to him, he would send them back with the award. . .

http://www.lindaikeji..com/
Re: Why Femi Kuti Did Not Attend The 2010 Grammy Awards by Genuflect(m): 5:17pm On Feb 11, 2010
His reasons make sense. I support him
Re: Why Femi Kuti Did Not Attend The 2010 Grammy Awards by kokoye(m): 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2010
^^^^ same here.
Re: Why Femi Kuti Did Not Attend The 2010 Grammy Awards by DOW(m): 7:15pm On Feb 11, 2010
Me too
Re: Why Femi Kuti Did Not Attend The 2010 Grammy Awards by shotster50(m): 12:38am On Feb 12, 2010
What was he expecting, Even the American rappers are not even acknowledged that much anymore. Its overrated anyway.
Re: Why Femi Kuti Did Not Attend The 2010 Grammy Awards by semid4lyfe(m): 1:15am On Feb 12, 2010
Femi Kuti is talking out of ignorance jare. . . . .the Grammy Awards is divided into 2 parts: the 1st part is held during the day and it is here that most of the (lesser) awards are given out. . . .this part ain't even given live coverage on tv. The 2nd part which is the main show takes place at night and is packaged into a 3-hours live event on prime-time tv and it is here that the major awards are given. . . .this is the Grammy Tradition. . . .He shouldn't also forget that the Grammy is 1st and foremost an American event then a world event.
Re: Why Femi Kuti Did Not Attend The 2010 Grammy Awards by mbulela: 4:46am On Feb 12, 2010
^^^
how different is what you said different from his complaint?
He is just confirming your point that it is not worth it going for the 1st part. simple.
Re: Why Femi Kuti Did Not Attend The 2010 Grammy Awards by bjmighty(m): 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Femi Kuti is talking out of ignorance jare. . . . .the Grammy Awards is divided into 2 parts: the 1st part is held during the day and it is here that most of the (lesser) awards are given out. . . .this part ain't even given live coverage on tv. The 2nd part which is the main show takes place at night and is packaged into a 3-hours live event on prime-time tv and it is here that the major awards are given. . . .this is the Grammy Tradition. . . .He shouldn't also forget that the Grammy is 1st and foremost an American event then a world event.

D.U.M.B A.S.S
Re: Why Femi Kuti Did Not Attend The 2010 Grammy Awards by rasputinn(m): 9:59pm On Feb 13, 2010
bjmighty:

D.U.M.B A.S.S
grin grin grin
Re: Why Femi Kuti Did Not Attend The 2010 Grammy Awards by riversman: 1:11am On Feb 14, 2010
they recognized his ass and he is complaining, Nigerians are some whinney bitches, next D'Banj and Saint Janet will complain, grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Fecko - The First Impression Mixtape / Lets Face It, Dagrin Appears To Be Nigeria's Most Prolific Rapper right now ! / Am I Better Than M.i?: Top Players In The Nigerian Rap Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.