Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Diary Of A Warri Boy Posted To ABJ - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Diary Of A Warri Boy Posted To ABJ (1179 Views)

2017 Corpers Posted To Kogi State Let's Meet Here / Who Was Posted To Abj??? 2016 Batch B Stream 2 / Call Up Letter Out. Where Are You Posted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of A Warri Boy Posted To ABJ by DREEMA: 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2017
Monday 24 July 2017.
7:00AM or so
Warri Delta State.
After several failed attempts of trying to print my call-up-letter probably due to NYSC website congestion, I was in a state of bisma bisma__lol! don't know what that mean but that was how i felt.
I was left with dropped jaws that fateful Monday morning when I succeeded in downloading my call-up-letter What my eye saw was:

State of Deployment: FCT-Abuja
Date of Reporting: Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Officer-In-Charge: State Co-Ordinator
Address of Orientation Camp: NYSC PERM. ORIENT. CAMP,KUBWA, BWARI AREA COUNCIL F.C.T ABUJA

Abuja!!! Could this be a mirage or what. I did a proofreading and the outcome didn't contradict what i saw the first time. At a point i was overwhelmed by joy but a mixed feeling set in. My most preferred State was Lagos. I haven't been to Lagos before__can you imagine? But from what I've heard from people and seen in the media; Lagos is a land of opportunity and as an Original Warri boy I've strategize my plans once I land in Lasgidi. But as fate will have it, FCT is my next bus stop.
When the news broke out that I was posted to Abuja, omor i pass super star for area oh. Those girls wey nor dey too follow we yarn come begin surface__they be like:"guy you get level o". Others be like "guy how much you take run am?". Na wah,these people will not kee persin.
The funny thing is that i didn't spend one kobo. People think once you stay in Abuja you are automatically next to President Buhari. From the onset i knew Abuja wasn't a bed of rose but it has alot to offer though being the Federal Capital of Naija.
That same day I rushed down to Igbudu market (a porpular market in Warri) to get all that I'll need. Spent nothing less than 30k. I also made enquiry about which transport service than run Warri to Abuja. The least I could see was #5,500. Tomorrow I'll be off to Abj

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Warri Boy Posted To ABJ by Dekadet(m): 5:06am On Aug 07, 2017
Cool, eerm Dreema, are u in any NYSC WhatsApp group? please can u add me? wanna make lots of friends.
Re: Diary Of A Warri Boy Posted To ABJ by DREEMA: 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2017
Dekadet:
Cool, eerm Dreema, are u in any NYSC WhatsApp group? please can u add me? wanna make lots of friends.
Tnx Bro. Where are you serving?
Re: Diary Of A Warri Boy Posted To ABJ by DREEMA: 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2017
Tuesday morning
4AM
Warri.

As early as 4:00AM i was up. I've packed my luggage the previous day so all i had to do was to take my bath and as a Warri boy__arrange myself. My lovely family also woke up early that morning and we had a brief family devotion where special prayer was made for me. They gave me warm We-Will-miss-you hug as i made my way to the cab (keke na pep) waiting to take me to the park.
The journey from Warri to Abuja was one hell of a long trip and to be honest, this is the farthest trip I've ever made. We stop at Lokoja for a shallow break. After a while we continued our journey to the promised land. By the time we got to Abuja it was already 6pm.
Finally I'm in Abuja. I'll show them warri swag. I go scarter ground. I go tell dem say warri nor dey carry last. Unknowingly to me, alot of surprises was awaiting me.
Re: Diary Of A Warri Boy Posted To ABJ by Dekadet(m): 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
DREEMA:

Tnx Bro. Where are you serving?
Nasarawa state

(1) (Reply)

Describe This Lazy Batch B Corpers Match Pass Like Pregnant Rabbits -funny Video / Three Vacancies OND Holders and NYSC / Kind Assistance And/or Advice On Nysc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.