Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,543 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Can We Stop Fighting God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Stop Fighting God? (385 Views)

Obasanjo Has Realized That He Has Been Fighting God Not Atiku. / "Buhari, Stop Fighting Corruption" - Prophet Ayodele / Kelechi Igwe And Four Other Deputy Governors Are Fighting God By Daniel Ojuolape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can We Stop Fighting God? by samuelson06(m): 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2017

I have been following discussions on matters that concerns men of God in Nigeria. Any time issues that concern men of God are raised, the thread is always full of insult to the servant of God concerned. Why are we like this? Even if the person is wrong, must we insult? What saddens the most is when I see these derogatory comments coming from fellow Christians. These are members of the same household of faith.

Maybe you never understand and I wish to tell you now that we are one body in Christ. Whenever it feels like losing control, remember this. What that means is that, as far as you are a Christian and proclaiming Christ, we are one. This has nothing to do with your denomination of Christianity. An injury to one should be an injury to all. It's time we unite as a common people in Christ. Who told you that all Christians ought to be a member of your church before you can show some love and respect to the them? It even goes beyond here, Christ has ordered us to love all including people who don't share the same faith with us. If we cannot love those that share the same faith with us, how much more those who don't? I can still remember my friend living with a Muslim during his service days in Abia.

We have got to repent of our ways. It's time we mind the way we talk to our men of God. We never sent them but God did and even if God never did, atleast they are using the God's name to do their business. That's completely up to God to deal with them His way. Trust me, God deals with people who go about deceiving others claiming He called them when He never did. You can leave them for Him and if you feel so concerned, you can report them to God within your heart or use appropriate channel to reach out to the church executive and lay your complain and not drag their name to the mud. Now take for instance, your child did something wrong outside the home and was bitten by a neighbor. He comes back home crying. Later the neighbor comes to you to report the child again or choose not to even report what the child did to you, how would you feel? Bad! That's how God feel towards people who criticizes and judges His servants before the world. I tell you, they don't go free.

To most of us, we don't have a true man of God especially in Nigeria or probably only your Pastor is the only called of God. From Prophet TB Joshua down to Pastor Chris Oyakhilome to Oyedepo et al, we condemn; we rubbish them all. Who is actually your own true man of God? None right? I read a complain recently about someone's experience attending service at the SCOAN the first time and his writing was more of a rat attack while you sleep: it blows you air and then bite you and when you wake up, you feel the hurt.

Many times, these boys causing havoc up North has been caught in the church with intent to do what they are known for. You can confirm this from the Police in Lagos. This and other security challenges has been responsible for the strict security response experienced within the church premises. Men search men and women search women. What's the point complaining? If the auditorium is not filled, no one would stop you from entering once you get the Pass. As humans, we all have our weaknesses, enable to bear with other people's weaknesses and not use them to score some cheap points.

We can repent of this evil of condemning the church and fighting God. Let it be that it's non-believers that are doing it. Stop inviting trouble to your life. Your misfortunes might have been coming from here without you knowing. Remember Saul. We can act more matured. We can learn to love. We can be real Christians. If you continue fighting God, He'll fight you back. A word is enough for the wise.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Light Of God Deliverance Church - Archive / ‘bishop’ Urges Traditional Rulers To Invoke Gods Of The Land To Reveal Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.