Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary (1560 Views)

Oblate Eusebius Burial Photos. Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade Nigeria Buried / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies / Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by filumina: 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2017
Good day Nairalanders
I wish to use this medium to let some of us know what the HOLY ROSARY is and that it is scriptural. We should try to always say this beautiful prayer.

What is the Holy Rosary:
the rosary is a meditative and vocal prayer. It is basically reciting the Lord’s Prayer, Hail Marys and Praising the Blessed Trinity while meditating on the Life of Jesus Christ usually referred to as the mysteries.

Hail Mary Prayer
The Hail Mary has two parts:
Part 1 is made up of Angel Gabriel’s Salutation to Mary and Saint Elizabeth’s Testimony
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus
Part 2 is an intercessory prayer addressed to the Mother of God
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, Amen

Part 1 in details.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you.
Luke 1:28 "And coming to her, he said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you."
The Greek kecharitomene means favored by grace, graced. Its tense suggests a permanent state of being "highly favored," thus full of grace. Charity, the divine love within us, comes from the same root. God is infinite Goodness, infinite Love. Mary is perfect created goodness, filled to the limit of her finite being with grace or charity.

Blessed art thou among women
Luke 1:41-42a "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women..."
Luke 1:48 "For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed."
Among all women is a way to say the highest/greatest etc. of a group in Semitic languages (these words would likely have been spoken in Aramaic). Mary is being called the greatest of all women, greater than Ruth, greater than Sarah, greater than EVE! Since Eve was created immaculate (without original sin), Mary must have been conceived immaculate. And, although Eve fell into sin by her own free will, Mary must have corresponded to God's grace and remained sinless. She could not otherwise be greater than Eve. Thus, as the Fathers of the Church unanimously assert, Mary is the New Eve who restores womanhood to God's original intention and cooperates with the New Adam, her Son, for the Redemption of the world.

Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus
Luke 1:42b "and blessed is the fruit of your womb."
Jesus is Mary's fruit. Good fruit does not come from anything but a good tree (Mt. 7:17-18). The all-holy Son of God could not be the fruit of any other tree than the Immaculate Virgin.

Part 2 in details
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Luke 1:43 "And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Kyrios is the Greek word used by the Jews in the Septuagint Bible (Greek translation) for Yhwh, the Divine Name of God. In her greeting of Mary, Elizabeth is saying: "How is it that the mother of my God should come to me." Against the heresies of the 4th and 5th centuries which tried to split the Person of Jesus into two, divine and human, denying one or the other, the Council of Ephesus in 431 AD proclaimed Mary Theotokos (God-bearer, i.e. mother of God). Jesus is a single Person, a Divine Person, the 2nd Person of the Most Holy Trinity. To be mother of the Person Jesus is to be mother of a Person who is God. Mary's title protects this truth against errors which emphasize or deny, either the divinity or humanity of the Lord.

Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
John 2:5 "His mother said to the servers, "Do whatever he tells you."
Mary sees a need and appeals to Her Son to satisfy it. He does. We turn to Mary to ask her to intercede with her Son in our daily spiritual and material needs, but especially at the hour of our death. At that moment our salvation hangs in the balance as the devil makes his final foray to deter us from the path to God (Rev. 2:10). It is not surprising, therefore, that both the Hail Mary and the Our Father conclude with an appeal to be delivered from the evil one.

The Power of Intercessory Prayer:
Intercessory prayer proceeds from faith in God that holy men and women who have died are as alive today as they were on earth (Luke 20:38). If the prayer of the just man avails much, how much more the prayer of the one made perfect (Rev. 21:27) and living with God in heaven (the patriarchs, apostles and other holy men and women).
James 5:16b "the fervent prayer of a righteous man is very powerful."

The angels, too, mediate our prayers. This is taught explicitly in the Jewish book of Tobit (Tob. 12:12), accepted by Christians as inspired until Luther on his own authority rejected it. It remains part of the Catholic Bible.

Tobit 12:12 I can now tell you that when you, Tobit, and Sarah prayed, it was I who presented and read the record of your prayer before the Glory of the Lord; and I did the same thing when you used to bury the dead.

Rev. 8:3 "Another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a gold censer. He was given a great quantity of incense to offer, along with the prayers of all the holy ones, on the gold altar that was before the throne."

Is the rosary mindless babbling?
The purpose of the different beads on the rosary is to count the various prayers as they are said. Unlike the Moslem prayer beads and the mantras of Buddhism, the prayers of the rosary are meant to occupy our whole being, body and soul, while meditating on the truths of the Faith. Any prayer is vain, however, if said mechanically without devotion. Simply to repeat prayers is not the vain repetition condemned by Christ (Mt 6:7), since He Himself repeats His prayer in the Garden three times (Mt 26:39, 42, 44) and the Psalms (inspired by the Holy Spirit) are often very repetitive (Ps 119 has 176 verses and Ps. 136 repeats the same phrase 26 times).

Psalm 136:1-26
Praise the LORD, who is so good;
God's love endures forever;
Praise the God of gods;
God's love endures forever;
. . . Praise the God of heaven,
God's love endures forever.

The Church believes that it is necessary for a Christian to meditate (prayerfully think about) the will of God, the life and teachings of Jesus, the price He paid for our salvation, and so on. Unless we do this we will begin to take these great gifts for granted and ultimately fall away from the Lord. Every Christian must meditate in some way in order to preserve the gift of salvation (James 1:22-25). Many Catholic and non-Catholic Christians prayerfully read and apply Scripture to their lives, that is, meditate on them. With the rosary this can be done virtually anywhere and anytime.

https://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/rosary/scripture.htm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by kaey10(m): 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2017
Hmmm
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by nuelsylves(m): 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2017
Beautiful article!
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by Cameleon72(f): 11:07pm On Aug 05, 2017
H
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by An2elect2(f): 11:28pm On Aug 05, 2017
No human or anything created is omniscient or omnipresent to simultaneously answer prayers except God. Biblical and Logical fact you need to deal with.
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by filumina: 12:06am On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:
No human or anything created is omniscient or omnipresent to simultaneously answer prayers except God. Biblical and Logical fact you need to deal with.

You're right, no creature of God is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. God alone possesses these attributes.
Mary intercedes for us, so do the Angels and the Saints. I'll like you to read about the story of the wedding at Cana. Jn 2:1 - 12.
Also Tob 12:12 - 21 http://www.biblestudytools.com/gnta/tobit/12.html
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by easymancfc(m): 1:01am On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:

I think i addressed this on another thread...

Logically... if its not infinite prayers it doesnt require omniscience... But since catholics are less than 15% percent of the human race... then it doesnt require omniscience...

EVEN DEMONS AND DEVILS DEY HEAR WHEN THEM INVOKE THEM... HOW MUCH MORE GLORIFIED CHRISTIANS IN HEAVEN...

i will repost somethings from the other thread... here goes

The Saints and Mary don't need omniscience or omnipresence because...Firstly, statistically there are over 1 billion catholics against the world population of over 7 billion which is less than 20% of it... In that 1 billion Catholics you have cultural catholics, church goers and many more who don't pray to the saints or Mary... So technically they don't even need omniscience all they need is less than 1 billion "Scient" which is not upto 20% of the world's population... Which is nothing compared to God who is "OMNIPOTENT, OMNIPRESENT AND OMNISCIENT...
GOD KNOWS EVERY HUMAN BEING, NOT JUST EVERY CHRISTIAN, NOT JUST EVERY CATHOLIC.... HE KNOWS EVERY THING THAT EXISTS ON EARTH, PLANTS, ANIMALS, EVERY PLANET IN THE UNIVERSE, EVERY UNIVERSE IN ALL THE GALAXIES....SO COMPARED TO GODS OMNISCIENCE, THE SAINTS ABILITY TO HEAR OR BE AWARE OF PRAYERS MADE TO THEM IS NOT OMNISCIENCE AND DOES NOT REQUIRE OMNIPRESENCE....

Secondly.. You assume that the those in heaven will have the same consciousness or abilities we have... Which is wrong... According to the bible. We will not be limited by time and space as we are now...Here's what the bible says
1 john 3: 2 Beloved, we are God’s children now; it does not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
1 cor 15: 44 It is sown a physical body, it's raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body.
49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. SO WE WILL BE "LIKE GOD"...
and as Paul says in 1 cor 2: 9 But, as it miswritten,“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived,what God has prepared for those who love him,”
Jesus himself says in luke 20: 35 but those who are accounted worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage, 36 for they cannot die any more, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection...
SO IT IS CLEAR THAT WE WONT REMAIN THE SAME... WE WILL BE TRANSFORMED... WE WOULD BE LIKE"ANGELS" MEANING EARTHLY RULES WILL NO LONGER APPLY...THERE IS ALSO BIBLICAL EVIDENCE FOR PEOPLE IN HEAVEN BEING AWARE OF THINGS ON EARTH WITHOUT NEEDING OMNISCIENCE OR OMNIPRESENCE
Heb 12:1 says we have so great a "cloud of witnesses" who cheer us on as we run the race... THEY HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SEE US TO "WITNESS" AND THEY DONT REQUIRE OMNIPRESENCE OR OMNISCIENCE FOR THAT..TAKE NOTE.. US MEANS ALL THE CHRISTIANS WHICH NUMBER UP TO BILLIONS..

Luke 15:7 says there is great rejoicing in heaven when a sinner repents... IT SAYS JOY IN HEAVEN.. SO EVERY ONE IN HEAVEN.. ANGELS, SAINTS EVERYONE...How can they rejoice if they dont know what is happening... THERE ARE BILLIONS OF SINNERS ALSO... AND THEY DONT NEED OMNISCIENCE TO KNOW THAT...

Rev 6:9 says the dead martyrs under God's altar were crying for vengeance.. They apparently knew that their killers were alive on Earth and they didnt need OMNISCIENCE TO KNOW THAT..To conclude..
OMNIPRESENCE/OMNISCIENCE = INFINITE, IMMEASURABLE, UNCOUNTABLE..

less than 1 billion catholics = FINITE, COUNTABLE, MEASURABLE

GOD'S POWER IS INFINITE, HIS KNOWLEDGE IS IMMEASURABLE, HE IS EVERYWHERE, SO YOU LIMIT GOD'S POWER BY CONFINING HIS POWER TO LESS THAN 20% OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION AND YOU ALSO LIMIT THOSE IN HEAVEN BY ASSUMING THEY WOULD STILL BE LIKE US IN THEIR GLORIOUS STATE..

therefore it is wrong to say it requrires omni (potence, presence or science) to hear just 1 billion prayers or request for prayers...

SATELLITES WHICH ARE MAN MADE CAN PROCESS PHONE SIGNALS, INTERNET SERVICES, CONTROL TRAFFIC, MONITOR PEOPLE AND PLACES ETC SIMULTANEOUSLY WITHOUT BEING OMNISCIENT OR OMNIPRESENCE... I BELIEVE THAT IN OUR GLORIOUS STATE WE CAN ATLEAST HAVE THE ABILITIES OF A MAN MADE SATELLITE....
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 06, 2017
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by Nobody: 1:38am On Aug 06, 2017
Keep your focus on God(Yahweh), praying to Mary is waste of time. know thyself, know who u really are.
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by Jfrankination(m): 4:16am On Aug 06, 2017
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by vincent10(m): 6:11am On Aug 06, 2017
mrdezx:
Keep your focus on God(Yahweh), praying to Mary is waste of time. know thyself, know who u really are.

Try Anf read the post again. Nobody pray to Mary but she intercede.
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by torres89: 7:43am On Aug 06, 2017
vincent10:

Try Anf read the post again. Nobody pray to Mary but she intercede.
some people just find it difficult to read and understand
my people die because of lack of knowledge
don't mind that dude
we are honoring Mary

1 Like

Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by torres89: 7:44am On Aug 06, 2017
mrdezx:

if someone looks down on your mother

how would you feel

1 Like

Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by An2elect2(f): 11:00am On Aug 06, 2017
filumina:

You're right, no creature of God is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. God alone possesses these attributes.
Mary intercedes for us, so do the Angels and the Saints. I'll like you to read about the story of the wedding at Cana. Jn 2:1 - 12.

Mary was present only at the Cana wedding at that particular time, was she also "interceding" for other helpless people outside there?

Was there any Christian in the Bible who went to Jesus through Mary when she was alive talk more of in her death?

The facts are against you smiley

Do you really want to know who Jesus' mother is, look outside, it is any woman who is doing His father's will.

Matthew 12:46-50

While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.

Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother

Sorry buddy God can't fit into that tiny box you have for Him. smiley

1 Like

Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by easymancfc(m): 11:34am On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:

Mary was present only at the Cana wedding at that particular time, was she also "interceding" for other helpless people outside there?

Was there any Christian in the Bible who went to Jesus through Mary when she was alive talk more of in her death?

The facts are against you smiley

Do you really want to know who Jesus' mother is, look outside, it is any woman who is doing His father's will.

Matthew 12:46-50

While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.

Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother

Sorry buddy God can't fit into that tiny box you have for Him. smiley

1. The wedding at canna is an example of Mary's intercession whether you like it or not... IF SHE COULD DO IT AT CANA.. THEN SHE CAN DO IT OUTSIDE CANA OR ANYWHERE ELSE..

2. The scripture doesnt have to record every time someone asks for Mary's intercession before it is accepted that Mary can intercede for people with her DIVINE SON..

3. the wedding at canna example is there, and it is recorded that The disciples believed in him because of the miracle he performed at his Mother's intercession..

John 2:11 This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

4. You are creating a false dichotomy... Jesus was not destroying his biological bonds with Mary... He is merely establishing the Kingdom family... Telling us that we can be his brothers too...

MARY MORE SO BECAUSE SHE IS NOT JUST HIS MOTHER BIOLOGICALLY BUT SHE ALSO "DID THE WILL OF HIS FATHER PERFECTLY" luke 1: 38 And Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” 
... SO SHE IS THE PERFECT CHRISTIAN BECAUSE SHE HAS BOTH BIOLOGICAL AND SPIRITUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS..

COMPARED TO YOU OR ANY OTHER CHRISTIAN MARY HAS A BETTER PLACE WITH HER SON... NOT JUST BECAUSE SHE BIRTHED HIM... BUT BECAUSE SHE DID THE WILL OF GOD PERFECTLY...
JESUS OBEYED HER (at the wedding in cana (john 2:1-12) AND WHILE HE WAS GROWING UP IN NAZARETH (luke 2: 51)..
Besides that... she was present at every significant moment in Jesus's life and ministry....
1. when he was conceived (luke 1:38-46)
2. when he was born (luke 2:7)
3. While he was growing up (luke 2:51-end)
4. When he performed his first miracle that began his ministry (john 2:1-12)
5. When his ministry was ending (at the cross) (john 19:25-27)
6. With the disciples in the upper room after the resurrection (acts 1:14)

You are the one trying to confine God's power by comparing his omniscience to only 1 billion people..

1 Like

Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by An2elect2(f): 11:55am On Aug 06, 2017
easymancfc:

1. The wedding at canna is an example of Mary's intercession whether you like it or not... IF SHE COULD DO IT AT CANA.. THEN SHE CAN DO IT OUTSIDE CANA OR ANYWHERE ELSE..

2. The scripture doesnt have to record every time someone asks for Mary's intercession before it is accepted that Mary can intercede for people with her DIVINE SON..

3. the wedding at canna example is there, and it is recorded that The disciples believed in him because of the miracle he performed at his Mother's intercession..

John 2:11 This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

4. You are creating a false dichotomy... Jesus was not destroying his biological bonds with Mary... He is merely establishing the Kingdom family... Telling us that we can be his brothers too...

MARY MORE SO BECAUSE SHE IS NOT JUST HIS MOTHER BIOLOGICALLY BUT SHE ALSO "DID THE WILL OF HIS FATHER PERFECTLY" luke 1: 38 And Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” 
... SO SHE IS THE PERFECT CHRISTIAN BECAUSE SHE HAS BOTH BIOLOGICAL AND SPIRITUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS..

COMPARED TO YOU OR ANY OTHER CHRISTIAN MARY HAS A BETTER PLACE WITH HER SON... NOT JUST BECAUSE SHE BIRTHED HIM... BUT BECAUSE SHE DID THE WILL OF GOD PERFECTLY...
JESUS OBEYED HER (at the wedding in cana (john 2:1-12) AND WHILE HE WAS GROWING UP IN NAZARETH (luke 2: 51)..
You are the one trying to confine God's power by comparing his omniscience to only 1 billion people..

John 14:6 _
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus over you any day any time wink
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by easymancfc(m): 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Indeed.... Jesus said that... but not in the context you're taking it...

She is his Mother whether you like it or not

Acts 1:14 All these with one accord devoted themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary THE MOTHER OF Jesus, and with his brethren.

John 19:26 When Jesus SAW HIS MOTHER, and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” 27 Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!”

SHE IS HIS MOTHER WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT...
AND HE GAVE HER TO THE DISCIPLE HE LOVED TO BE HIS MOTHER... JESUS LOVES US SO WE WILL GLADLY TAKE HIS MOTHER AS OUR OWN...

2 Likes

Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by easymancfc(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:

ANOTHER ANGLE FOR YOU... HIS DISCIPLES ARE HIS BROTHERS RIGHT... AND HE GAVE JOHN (THE BELOVED) A DISCIPLE, A BROTHER, HIS MOTHER TO BE HIS MOTHER... MAKING THE FAMILY COMPLETE....

GOD THE FATHER, CREATOR AND GOD, JESUS OUR BROTHER, MARY JESUS' MOTHER, IF JESUS IS OUR BROTHER THEN HIS MOTHER WOULD BE OUR MOTHER TOO... AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HE DID

John 19:26 When Jesus saw his mother, and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” 27 Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!”
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by An2elect2(f): 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
easymancfc:

Indeed.... Jesus said that... but not in the context you're taking it...

She is his Mother whether you like it or not

Acts 1:14 All these with one accord devoted themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary THE MOTHER OF Jesus, and with his brethren.

John 19:26 When Jesus SAW HIS MOTHER, and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” 27 Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!”

SHE IS HIS MOTHER WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT...
AND HE GAVE HER TO THE DISCIPLE HE LOVED TO BE HIS MOTHER... JESUS LOVES US SO WE WILL GLADLY TAKE HIS MOTHER AS OUR OWN...

smiley

Are you not tired of being debunked? grin
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by easymancfc(m): 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:

smiley

Loolll... see who is debunking....
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2017
BELOVE! IF YOU BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS,YOU HAVE PASSED FROM BEING A SINNER TO BEING THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS..AMEN..AMEN
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by filumina: 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:

smiley

Let's look at it this way
Who is my mother? (Singular)
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven... Mother

Does Mary qualify? Yes of course.
Read Luke 1:43 - 45
...But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!
Can Jesus (God) have more than one mother? I know you know the answer.

Furthermore, did Mary do the will of God?
Luke 1:38 tells us this "I am the Lord's servant," said Mary; "may it happen to me as you have said." And the angel left her

See that the Blessed Virgin submitted complete (total resignation) to God's will
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by An2elect2(f): 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2017
filumina:

Let's look at it this way
Who is my mother? (Singular)
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven... Mother

Does Mary qualify? Yes of course.
Read Luke 1:43 - 45
...But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!
Can Jesus (God) have more than one mother? I know you know the answer.

gringringrin
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by Ubenedictus(m): 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2017
An2elect2:

gringringrin

this is called trolling. It isn't good that passage has already been answered if you don't wish to discuss with them just say so.
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by An2elect2(f): 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
this is called trolling. It isn't good that passage has already been answered if you don't wish to discuss with them just say so.
Look at you! grin

There is no running away from the truth. They are trying to explain A isn't A but B.
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by DoctorAlien(m): 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
filumina:

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ." 1 Tim. 2:5

Nonsense! Mary is not even in heaven now, not to talk of being your mediator. Mary will only get to Heaven when Christ returns(1 Thess. 4:16-18).
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by easymancfc(m): 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
An2elect2:
Look at you! grin

There is no running away from the truth. They are trying to explain A isn't A but B.

My dear continue hiding behind one passage....

reminder.. Your false dichotomy doesn't work logically...

You are the one trying to force one passage to say what it must mean...
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by DoctorAlien(m): 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
easymancfc:

My dear continue hiding behind one passage....

reminder.. Your false dichotomy doesn't work logically...

You are the one trying to force one passage to say what it must mean...

Jesus says that anyone who does the will of GOD is His mother. I am doing the will of GOD. Why aren't you offering prayers to me as the mother of GOD?
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by easymancfc(m): 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2017
DoctorAlien:

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ." 1 Tim. 2:5

Nonsense! Mary is not even in heaven now, not to talk of being your mediator. Mary will only get to Heaven when Christ returns(1 Thess. 4:16-18).

Dr Alien... my guy...
All of your points have been addressed before...

1 tim 2:5 talks about MEDIATOR...Mary is an intercessor or secondary mediator and the bible encourages intercession among Christians
1 tim 2:2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way. 3 This is good, and it is acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Concerning 1 thess 4, the context doesnt mean there is no one in heaven... what it means is that Those who have died will have a bodily resurrection on the last day... which the Catholic church believes and teaches.... IT DOESNT SAY THAT NO ONE IS IN HEAVEN NOW... BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY VERSES THAT SAY THE EXACT OPPOSITE...
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by DoctorAlien(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2017
easymancfc:
1 tim 2:5 talks about MEDIATOR...Mary is an intercessor or secondary mediator and the bible encourages intercession among Christians
1 tim 2:2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way.

Concerning 1 thess 4, the context doesnt mean there is no one in heaven... what it means is that Those who have died will have a bodily resurrection on the last day... which the Catholic church believes and teaches....

Mary is now a secondary mediator? Okay. Why aren't you chanting my name and begging for mediation? Is Mary more of a secondary mediator than I am, being a child of GOD?

Those in heaven will leave Heaven to come and have bodily resurrection on earth? Why did Paul say that the dead in Christ will "rise"? Why did he not say that they will descend from Heaven?

1 Like

Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by easymancfc(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Jesus says that anyone who does the will of GOD is His mother. I am doing the will of GOD. Why aren't you offering prayers to me as the mother of GOD?

because
1. You cant prove that you are doing the will of God with your life (mat 7:16) na only for your mouth i dey hear am... but the bible bears witness to Mary... both in her perfect biological motherhood and her perfect obedience to the will of God ...

luke 1:38 And Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

2. Jesus did not give you to the beloved to be "our" mother... he gave Mary...
You were not there at the important moments of Jesus life.. Mary was..
3. Jesus didnt obey you.... He obeyed her...
4. No be you born Jesus... Jesus didnt suck your breast as a baby... You didnt carry Jesus.... i could go on and on...
5. FINALLY YOU DONT HAVE THE "PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP MARY HAS WITH JESUS...

COMPARED TO YOU OR ANY OTHER CHRISTIAN MARY HAS A BETTER PLACE WITH HER SON... NOT JUST BECAUSE SHE BIRTHED HIM... BUT BECAUSE SHE DID THE WILL OF GOD PERFECTLY...JESUS OBEYED HER (at the wedding in cana (john 2:1-12) AND WHILE HE WAS GROWING UP IN NAZARETH (luke 2: 51)..Besides that... she was present at every significant moment in Jesus's life and ministry....1. when he was conceived (luke 1:38-46)2. when he was born (luke 2:7)3. While he was growing up (luke 2:51-end)4. When he performed his first miracle that began his ministry (john 2:1-12)5. When his ministry was ending (at the cross) (john 19:25-27)6. With the disciples in the upper room after the resurrection (acts 1:14)
Re: What They Have Not Told You About The Rosary by easymancfc(m): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Mary is now a secondary mediator? Okay. Why aren't you chanting my name and begging for mediation? Is Mary more of a secondary mediator than I am, being a child of GOD?

Those in heaven will leave Heaven to come and have bodily resurrection on earth? Why did Paul say that the dead in Christ will "rise"? Why did he not say that they will descend from Heaven?

We all secondary mediators as Christians in that we bring Christ to the World..
2 cor 5:18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation;

SO GOD THROUGH CHRIST... THEN US THROUGH CHRIST BRING OTHERS BACK TO GOD...

YES MARY IS A SECONDARY MEDIATOR JUST LIKE ALL OF US... BUT SHE IS UNIQUE BECAUSE SHE BROUGHT CHRIST TO ALL THE WORLD WHILE WE BRING CHRIST TO ONE ANOTHER...

Jesus's body had not risen but he was active (1 peter 3:19), Our soul lives beyond our body's death... at the second coming our soul will be reunited with a resurrected and transformed body

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Pastor Really Helped This Childless Couple Get A Baby. / Rev. Mbaka To Resign As Prophet If This Doesn't Happen On October 1 (must See) / My Final Opinion About Tithing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.