Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Mehn! Nigerian Music Changed - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mehn! Nigerian Music Changed (400 Views)

Nigerian Music Groups That Have Broken Up (Photos) / Top 10 Nigerian Music Countdown In 2017 So Far / 11 Phenomenal Women Who Changed Nigerian Music Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mehn! Nigerian Music Changed by Drwolf: 10:18pm On Aug 05, 2017
I was going through a random playlist on my phone, washing while jamming to hits by Wizkid, Falz , Davido and Tekno to mention a few, disturbing the neighbours and singing as loud as I could then all of a sudden, ‘’Kolomental” by Faze started playing.

The first line, “Ogbono enter plate” (actually “Omo na mental case”) caught me by suprise. I dropped the clothes I was washing, folded my arms and listened silently to the track, paying full attention. Sincerely I was confused.

Like, how did we even jam to this? Trust me, the song is dope. But cool is the new stuff in Nigerian music! Swag and all that!!. If it’s not money or girls or designers, i don’t know what it is.

So, i understand why i didn’t start jumping on my toes and making funny faces immediately i heard “ogbono enter plate(omo na mental case)

Because this generation is about cool. Checkout the artistes we have, Davido, Wizkid, it’s all about the sauce now.

for the kids who don’t know who Daddy Shokey is

While the older generation is about crazy, they had people like Daddy Shokey for example and the way older ones were all about proverbs and riddles, trust me they were the ones with real music.

You see that Nigerian music culture is truly dynamic. I’m still wondering what the next set of guys will be singing about with their Vic O etc.

https://www.sauceandsound.com/2017/08/05/mehn-nigerian-music-really-evolved/

Re: Mehn! Nigerian Music Changed by Lagboyinibadan(m): 8:59am On Aug 06, 2017
Lmao

(1) (Reply)

See What Boredom Made Me Do (VIDEO) / Latest YBNL Signed Drop New Hot Single...(check Out) / Nbc Bans Olamide, Davido And 9ice Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.