Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

My Car Battery Heats Up When I Drive, Please Advise - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Car Battery Heats Up When I Drive, Please Advise (546 Views)

Sea Gold Car Battery 75ahm For Sale Now 07062764235 / Please Advise Me: 2008 Lexus ES350 Or Camry Spider / I Have A Budget Of 800k To 900k, Car Gurus Which Vehicle Do You Advise I Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Battery Heats Up When I Drive, Please Advise by castrokins(m): 10:36am On Aug 06, 2017
Hi Guys,
I Drive A VW Beetle (99 Model), 2.0L V4. I'd Been Using A Hankook Sealed Battery Since 2014 Until About A Month Ago When A Friend Borrowed It, Only To Return With Dead Cells.

On 3/8/2017 I Bought A New Battery Called Magnet, 62ahm.

My Worry Is That I Realized Yesterday The Battery Heats Up When I Drive And This Was Never Noticed When I Had The Hankook. Although I Never Bothered To Check Specifications On The Hankook, I Had No Such Concerns With It.

Again, I Had My Engine Block Re-sleeved And To Do It, Engine Had To Be Dropped And All. Upon Recoupling, The Dashboard Lights Goes On And Off When I Drive. I Have Had My Electrician Check The Fuse Box, But He Could Only Advised That The Car Be Scanned.

Please I Need Your Advise.

Thank You.
Re: My Car Battery Heats Up When I Drive, Please Advise by uboma(m): 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2017
by all means, follow the advise of your electrician.

scan your car and look up the resulting codes online for possible solution.

Personally I no longer give out my car battery.

Bitter lessons learnt in the past
Re: My Car Battery Heats Up When I Drive, Please Advise by DECOtech(m): 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2017
castrokins:
Hi Guys,
I Drive A VW Beetle (99 Model), 2.0L V4. I'd Been Using A Hankook Sealed Battery Since 2014 Until About A Month Ago When A Friend Borrowed It, Only To Return With Dead Cells.

My Worry Is That I Realized Yesterday The Battery Heats Up When I Drive And This Was Never Noticed When I Had The Hankook. Although I Never Bothered To Check Specifications On The Hankook, I Had No Such Concerns With It.

Again, I Had My Engine Block Re-sleeved And To Do It, Engine Had To Be Dropped And All. Upon Recoupling, The Dashboard Lights Goes On And Off When I Drive. I Have Had My Electrician Check The Fuse Box, But He Could Only Advised That The Car Be Scanned.

Thank You.

A scan as regards ur complaiw will leave you more confused.

take this topic to car talk section and get more replies.
Re: My Car Battery Heats Up When I Drive, Please Advise by castrokins(m): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2017
Exactly... I Was Blamed For Giving Battery Out.

uboma:
by all means, follow the advise of your electrician.

scan your car and look up the resulting codes online for possible solution.

Personally I no longer give out my car battery.

Bitter lessons learnt in the past
Re: My Car Battery Heats Up When I Drive, Please Advise by arnold123: 2:41am On Aug 14, 2017
castrokins:
Hi Guys,

Thank You.
try to check your alternator, see if it's returning current or giving out too much current!!! Plz. Let me know how u waka!
Re: My Car Battery Heats Up When I Drive, Please Advise by castrokins(m): 2:59am On Aug 14, 2017
Thank You For Your Suggestion, Sir.

I Already Spoke With A Local Elect Tech And He Assured The Heat Is Normal. Continuing He Said Battery Would Be Excreting Water From The Vent Were It To Be Receiving Too Much Current From Alternator.

If I Notice Anything Contrary To This Position, I'd Let You Know.

Thank You Again!

arnold123:
try to check your alternator, see if it's returning current or giving out too much current!!! Plz. Let me know how u waka!

(1) (Reply)

Sharp Toks 2006 Lexus ES330 @ 2.5M Call 08055429185 / Registered Hummer Bus For Quick Sale In Abuja. / 2005 Corolla For Sale For 1.37m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.