Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Scriptures In The Old Testament Christ Used To Resist Temptations By The Devil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scriptures In The Old Testament Christ Used To Resist Temptations By The Devil (205 Views)

Sexual Temptations And The Movie Industry / Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil / The Mystery Behind Sexual Temptations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scriptures In The Old Testament Christ Used To Resist Temptations By The Devil by salvationproject(m): 12:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
MyCampusDaily special Sunday research is dedicated to all our Christian brothers and even Muslims who believe in one way or the other the story about the man(Jesus Christ).Today we shall be highlighting the scripture reference Jesus used in resisting the Devil.
I know that as a Christian,there must have been sometime you read matt. 4(Story of Jesus temptation) and you were confused i.e of where He was referencing to when He usually say"for it is written",Today this post shall answer that.
1.Devil: if you are the son of God,tell/turn this stone into bread(matt. 4:3)
Jesus: it is written(Deut. 8:3) Man does not live by bread alone but on every word from God mouth(Matt. 4:4)
2.Devil: if you are the son of God,throw yourself down(Matt. 4:6)
Jesus:it is written (Deut. 6:16) Do not put the Lord your God into test.(Matt. 4:7)
3.Devil: all this i will give to you if you bow down and worship me,says the tempter(Matt.4:9)
Jesus: away from me Satan!for it is written(Deut. 6:13) worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.
Conclusion: This proof of the actual words of Christ being in Old testament leaves Christians with another character of Christ and that is studying the word of God but note the Devil also study the word of God,this can be seen in Matt. 4:6 where He was quoting from Psalm 91:11.
Cheers.
More on www.mycampusdaily..com

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 6/8/17 My Friend (1) / A Loyal Heart / Seekers, Finders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.