Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Aaron Carter's Sexuality Revelation Sparks Twitter Debate: 'he's Gay' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Aaron Carter's Sexuality Revelation Sparks Twitter Debate: 'he's Gay' (416 Views)

Richard Quest Speaks In Church In Kenya, Kenyans Angered Because He's Gay / Kevin Spacey Apologises For Sexual Assault On Anthony Rapp; Reveals He's Gay / IS HE GAY? Nollywood Actor Emeka Rollas Undergoes Anal Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aaron Carter's Sexuality Revelation Sparks Twitter Debate: 'he's Gay' by Thomasloaded(m): 1:56am On Aug 07, 2017
Social media has mixed reactions to news that Aaron Carter says he's "attracted to both men and women."

According to TMZ, The singer posted a lengthy note to his page Saturday night, revealing that not being open about his sexuality has been weighing on him for quite some time. He does not specially use the term "bisexual," but shared he's been with both genders.

"There’s something I’d like to say that I feel is important for myself and my identity that has been weighing on my chest for nearly half of my life," he said. "This doesn’t bring me shame, just a weight and burden I have held onto for a long time that I would like lifted off me."

"I grew up in this entertainment industry at a very young age and when I was around 13-years-old I started to find boys and girls attractive. There were years that went by that I thought about, but it wasn’t until I was 17-years-old, after a few relationships with girls, I had an experience with a male that I had an attraction to who I also worked with and grew up with," he wrote.

"To me music has always been my temple. Music will ALWAYS be what transcends us and myself. The studio has always been my safe haven," he continued. "But the ultimate goal for me is to be satisfied. I never want to be a figure of disappointment. The best quote to sum 'I've never felt as though I didn't belong, I just acted as though I did.'" — Boy George"

Users immediately took to Twitter in reaction to Carter's post, some saying that his revelation would mean that he is openly bisexual, while others claim social media has twisted his confession to mean that he is simply just "gay."

Here's a sampling of some of the online chatters.

NOH8 Campaign ✔ @NOH8Campaign
Coming out at any age is brave, no matter where you fall on the LGBT spectrum. � Congratulations @AaronCarter for living your truth! #NOH8
6:00 PM - Aug 6, 2017
17 17 Replies 315 315 Retweets 1,128 1,128 likes

Michael @MichaelAlvarez_
re all of these "aaron carter comes out as gay" tweets:
he clearly said he's bi. stop acting like bisexuality doesn't exist. https://twitter.com/aaroncarter/status/894022605216370688
5:34 AM - Aug 6, 2017 · Cayman Islands
1 1 Reply 6 6 Retweets 15 15 likes

bae. @_GAWDLY
So. Is Aaron Carter gay or is he just saying that he's experimented a bit in his lifetime?
8:59 PM - Aug 6, 2017

@benjennys
we WILL support aaron carter coming out as bi. coming out as bi when you're a man is so hard bc everyone assumes you're just gay
7:37 PM - Aug 6, 2017
3 3 Replies 10 10 Retweets 27 27 likes

Follow
Latrell Anderson @rantsandraves13
Me before Aaron Carter came out: lmaoooo who?
Me afterwards: *plays Aaron's Party (Come Get It) on repeat for days*
4:17 PM - Aug 6, 2017
Replies 13 13 Retweets 39 39 likes

It Gets Better ✔ @ItGetsBetter
Thank you for your bravery in sharing your story, @aaroncarter! https://twitter.com/aaroncarter/status/894022605216370688
9:13 PM - Aug 6, 2017
Replies 9 9 Retweets 64 64 likes

Trey Lyon @fluidlyspeaking
I saw article about @aaroncarter's bisexual announcement right after I was shamed 4 being bi. Visibility fucking matters. I felt vindicated.
3:02 PM - Aug 6, 2017
3 3 Replies 5 5 Retweets 54 54 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Aaron carter is bisexual and I have a chance with him now hehehe ���� I like all kinds of boys what can I say ��‍♂️

Source: http://www.thomasloaded.com/2017/08/aaron-carters-sexuality-revelation.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Olamide – WO (prod. By Young John) (official Audio) / Gifty Awarded By City People For Her Contribution To The Entertainment Industry / “my Dad Will Buy Off The Whole Igbo Land,” Davido Reacts.. .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.