Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

5 Conclusions From Game Of Thrones 704 (beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 5 Conclusions From Game Of Thrones 704 (beware Of Spoilers) (663 Views)

Warrior Discussion Thread (beware Of Spoilers) / Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) / Picture Quotes From Game Of Thrones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Conclusions From Game Of Thrones 704 (beware Of Spoilers) by ilynem(m): 9:41am On Aug 07, 2017
1. Game of Thrones is the greatest show ever made: Yes! I know this is becoming cliche now, but it can not be emphasized enough. In most movies and shows, there is clearly the good side we all root for and then there is the bad side we all want to see die, but not this show. While there are some characters we all wanted to see die (Joffery and Ramsey), there are also some we all wonder why we want to keep seeing them alive. Take Cercie for instance, at some point we all concluded she was the most evil human ever, but most of us rooted for her against the high sparrow. Now take Jamie who is an even more confusing character. This is a guy who attempted to kill a 10 year old by pushing him out of a high window, raped his own sister in front of their dead son, killed his own cousin just so he could escape, but still my heart stopped when Drogon almost roasted him alive. Speaking of Drogon, just as we all cheered when Arya, a supposed 16 year old committed mass murder at the start of the season, I was also cheering in this episode when a dragon kept roasting hundreds of people alive! The conflict of emotions is just amazing. I went "burn them all Drogon", to " No Drogon, don't kill Bronn", to "Bronn don't shoot that damn dragon", to " No Drogon don't kill Jamie". You can't just pick a side on this show and I sincerely feel for those who don't watch it. You all don't know what you are missing!
2. Advantage Dany: The last two seasons have been about Cercie having the upper hand against Dany, but this season, Dany delivered a serious blow that Cercie might not recover from. Funny how taking Olenna's advise to "be a dragon" instead of Tyrion's clever plans have worked for her. Right from season one, Robert Baratheon had emphasized the dangers of meeting the Dothraki in an open field. And here we are, six seasons later, Jamie and his army witnessing it first hand and even without the help of Drogon, the Lannisters would have been swamped. So what now for Cercie? She still controls the seas with Euron, but Dany will now realize it is madness to try to take the seas from Euron, as she will keep her army on the land where she knows she has the advantage. As cercie told the Iron Bank man, she has contacted the golden company to come "help her recover" something. My guess is, that "something" is the North which Jon holds. But that is a terrible, terrible idea. She should ask Stannis how foreign soldiers fair in the North and especially now that winter has come, the golden company will not stand a chance. Her only hope is the guy who controls the Vale and he is in serious Danger!
3. Littlefinger's end is near: "Chaos is a ladder". Little finger first made that statement back in season 3 (or was it 4?) to Varys and it is clear that it has been his watch word from the get go. Robert's rebellion was a huge chaos that moved the unknown Littlefinger to from a nobody to master of coin in kings landing. It could be argued that he actually started the war of five kings and this chaos first made him lord of Harrenral and now protector of the Vale. His next target is the North and he figures marrying Sansa will give him that (as long as he can get rid of Jon somehow). But now our favourite Evil man is surrounded by the pack of wolves. " when the long night comes, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives). Here we have Sansa who currently knows him in and out, Bran who can see things and would probably soon find out Littlefinger betrayed their father and caused his death and then there is Arya who is a killing machine. I am willing to bet that this man will not survive this season as he has started to lose focus.
4. The stark name coming to an end. We have seen extinction of some great houses. From the Baratheons to the Tyrells to the Bolton's. There are only three Lannisters left but the stark name is also on the brink of extinction. With Bran being the three eyed raven and Jon not really a stark, Arya and Sansa are the only two true starks left. Sansa (if she survives will probably marry some Lord and will change her name, and I don't see Arya doing same as "that's not her". There are no males left to keep the stark name going and I have to say, I am genuinely sad for this.
5. Game of thrones is really, really too short: Guys, there are three episodes left. One, two, three! And there will be no game of thrones till 2019 (there are rumours that there will be no game of thrones in 2018). I need to lie down and cry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Conclusions From Game Of Thrones 704 (beware Of Spoilers) by gedufiyu: 9:42am On Aug 07, 2017
cool
Re: 5 Conclusions From Game Of Thrones 704 (beware Of Spoilers) by Andal(m): 10:52am On Aug 07, 2017
Great analysis
Would like to see Jon snows reaction to when he's told he's not a stark. Don't think it would be this season tho
With all sansa has been through I don't see her marrying a high lord cheesy
Re: 5 Conclusions From Game Of Thrones 704 (beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 10:57am On Aug 07, 2017
GoT is definitely coming back next year.
Re: 5 Conclusions From Game Of Thrones 704 (beware Of Spoilers) by JoshuaKay(m): 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
If there was an award for "movie of the century" game of thrones would definitely snatch it. It's a movie of movies! The sad part of it is that we have to wait a year or more for a new season to return and the fvck, the episodes are just too short. Imagine watching just 10 episodes for years now and that's it for a season and to make matters worse, this present season has just fvcking 7episodes!
I am just angry already.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mitv Midnight Movie Of 20/21 August / Most Famous Movie Quotes Of All Time / [video] Chinko Ekun Ft. Reminisce – Bodija - 360NG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.