Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Recognizing Full Breed - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Recognizing Full Breed (916 Views)

“my Beast” Full Breed Boerboel Male / Full Breed Brindle Boerboel Is Available / Cute/pure /full Breed Boerboel Dog/puppy For Sale Going For #35,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recognizing Full Breed by Golony: 10:23am On Aug 07, 2017
Please how can I recognize a full breed gsd, rott and boerboel
Re: Recognizing Full Breed by 14teenK: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2017
Wiki is your friend
Re: Recognizing Full Breed by Golony: 11:04am On Aug 07, 2017
Thats why I chose nairaland
Re: Recognizing Full Breed by Greene66: 11:07am On Aug 07, 2017
Compare the breed standard with the dog you are looking at. That's how to tell. And you really can't tell for a tiny puppy. Until the dog is at least 3 - 6 months of age before it begins to display the traits.

I assume you want to buy a dog, in that case the parents should be your concern. Compare the parents you see with the breed standard of their breed to ascertain if they are pure or not.

1 Like

Re: Recognizing Full Breed by Golony: 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2017
Thanks man deeply appreciate

1 Like

Re: Recognizing Full Breed by Golony: 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2017
U know well about feeding too?
Re: Recognizing Full Breed by arcbay(m): 11:34pm On Aug 10, 2017
Golony:
Please how can I recognize a full breed gsd, rott and boerboel

There are two sides to this:
1. The theoretical
2. Hands-on experience

Personally I prefer the 2nd option.

The theoretical entails u Google up images of pure stock of each breed but kindly note that there are variations amongst regions. For example, one shld expect variations amongst Caucasians raised in polar regions compared to those raise in Naija.

This brings us to options 2. The hands-on experience require u meet as much dogs as possible, attend dog shows and seminars, visit breeders, attend dogwalks, etc. If for example you meet as much Caucasians as possible, with time you'll be able to judge what the standard look shld be and then tell the impure from pure ones.

1 Like

Re: Recognizing Full Breed by Golony: 1:22am On Aug 11, 2017
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Recognizing Full Breed by PromiseWealth07(m): 1:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
I concur. Thanks bro for the info

(1) (Reply)

Adult Female German Shepeherd For Free Adoption / 12wks Old Male Neapo Pup For Sale!!! / My One-month Old Rabbit Just Die Suddenly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.