Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Opening A Bank Account Without I.D - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Opening A Bank Account Without I.D (917 Views)

My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / What Is The Job Description Of A Compliance Officer In A Bank? / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opening A Bank Account Without I.D by Realkenny(m): 11:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
Hello Nairalanders

I applied for a National I.D card but I've not been given, so as of now I don't have any I.D I only have my BVN can I still open a bank account?
Re: Opening A Bank Account Without I.D by omaolowo(m): 12:01am On Aug 08, 2017
Nairaland may not be the best place to find an answer! I will advise you to the branches of the bank(s).

But you should know that it is the practice for the banks to "know their customer". Don't be surprised that that they will ask for the utility bill (NEPA, Water rate) of your residence...

Some banks have known to accept PVC - Permanent Voter's Card - as a means of identification. So it is not only the National ID card.
International Passport
Driver's license
Letter of introduction from your working place (or from the Students Affairs Unit - if you are student)

You need to have 'something' to prove the claim of whom you say you are.

By the what document did you use at the time you obtained your BVN?
Re: Opening A Bank Account Without I.D by Realkenny(m): 12:31am On Aug 08, 2017
omaolowo:
Nairaland may not be the best place to find an answer! I will advise you to the branches of the bank(s).

But you should know that it is the practice for the banks to "know their customer". Don't be surprised that that they will ask for the utility bill (NEPA, Water rate) of your residence...

Some banks have known to accept PVC - Permanent Voter's Card - as a means of identification. So it is not only the National ID card.
International Passport
Driver's license
Letter of introduction from your working place (or from the Students Affairs Unit - if you are student)

You need to have 'something' to prove the claim of whom you say you are.

By the what document did you use at the time you obtained your BVN?
my student I.D card but it has expired

(1) (Reply)

The Dilemma Of An Undergraduate From A Poor Background. / Top 40 Best Online Business Ideas & Opportunities / 7 Reasons Why You Should Work For A Non-profit Organization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.