Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,902 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 8/8/17 She Did Was She Could - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 8/8/17 She Did Was She Could (283 Views)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 22/8/17 Children :god's Called Axe / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 18/8/17 Why Am I Here? / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 9/8/17 God Can Do It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 8/8/17 She Did Was She Could by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 08, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Tuesday, August 8, 2017

*Topic:* SHE DID WHAT SHE COULD
*Read:* Mark 14:3-9

*MEMORISE:* _And when she and her household were baptized, she begged us, saying, "If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay." So she persuaded us._ *(Acts 16:15)*

*EXPOSITION*
As far as the NT record is concerned, there is no account of anyone who came to Jesus to tell Him, *_"Lord, I love you."_* But here, in our text, is a woman who expressed her love in the only way she knew how, and with the best gift she had to offer.

Patrick Morley once said, _The turning point in our lives is when we stop seeking the God we want, and start seeking the God who is_. Yes, Patrick is right. It is only when we start doing what we can, joyfully for God, rather than fault-finding over what others are not doing, that we are expressing, heartedly, our love for the Almighty.

Our text today shows the beauty of selfless acts, in doing what we can lead, to glorify God and bless others. In history, this was the Passion Week, when Christ would be killed. But here, Mary of Bethany anointed Him with expensive perfume *(Mark 14:3; John. 12:3wink*. Though others were appalled, Jesus applauded her: She has done a good work for Me. She has done what she could *(Mark 14:6a,8a)*.

If truly your love for God is so significantly consuming enough, then show it by a willingness to sacrifice the very best you have (time, talents and resources) for Him. The act of this woman deals with giving our all for the cause of Christ. Therefore, go today and exercise the power within you, to do what you can, offering up the best you can to create the atmosphere where your God is glorified.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Lord, help me to always show Your love to others, by doing what you have put within my capacity to do.
*2.* Lord, in this one life I have come to live, help me to do my best in and for You, and leave the rest, when the time comes.
*3.* Lord, help me to understand the sacrificial life of Jesus and be provoked to live like Him at all times.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Numbers 33-36

Remain Blessed!

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 20/8/17 The Purposeful Prayer Life / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.