Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,137 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) (367 Views)

The Mistakes Of The Churches Of Thyatira And Pergamum / Oyedepo, Oyakhilome To Minister At Church Of God Missions 50th Anniversary / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 8:03am On Aug 08, 2017
This is my 14th thread on the book of Revelation. I'm also going to be working on this live.

Revelation 2:18-29

18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

28 And I will give him the morning star.

29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 8:03am On Aug 08, 2017
18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write;

This is another level of God's presence in a believer. For detailed explanation on why the letter is being directed to the angel, refer to, the Letter to the church of Ephesus on my profile page.

These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
This is another letter from the King of kings and the Lord of lords.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2017
19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

I know thy works, and charity, and service

He knows you. He knows what you've sacrifice for the ministry of His gospel. He knows what you have sown to move the church forward. He knows you.

and faith, and thy patience, and thy works

He knows how you have been holding on to His words. To His promises. He knows how despite challenges you are never tired of sowing into the ministry of the gospel.

and the last to be more than the first.

Despite it all, you never seek for self glory. You didn't do it for the praise of men. But it doesn't matter, he will remember you for praises. He will glorify you in the sight of men.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2017
20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee,

A but. Despite these good works there's still something you're doing wrong.

because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess,

Sir and Ma, your friends are idolaters, your friends are people who are giving you advices that are contrary God's advice. Your friends are the one who believe the solution to your problems can be gotten outside His presence.

to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication,

And you permitted them to give you advices that are contrary to His words. You are willingly seduce by their lies. You left a listening ears to their deception.

and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

And you committed the sin of disobedience.
21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

And Christ waited and waited for you to come back to Him but you refused.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 8:05am On Aug 08, 2017
22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Behold, I will cast her into a bed

He said, if you continue in your stubbornness, He will permit the devil to test you with problems that is beyond you.

and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation

It will a problem that will be beyond those who seduce you with their lies out of His presence.

except they repent of their deeds
A call for repentance.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 8:07am On Aug 08, 2017
23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

And I will kill her children with death

Christ said, if you refuses to repent, he will shut down the work of your hands.

and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts:

To the extent believers around will know that you personally caused your problem. That you personally bought the devil to dine with you.

and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Whatever you sow, you will reap.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 8:07am On Aug 08, 2017
24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

But unto you I say,

As an individual.

and unto the rest in Thyatira,

And collectively.

as many as have not this doctrine

As many who have these positive attributes but doesn't exhibit these negative attributes

and which have not known the depths of Satan,

Who have not been seduce by the lies of the devil.

as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

None seduce by their words, Christ promised, you won't face more than the tribulation you will face while on earth and the beautiful thing is that the grace to bear and overcome these tribulations has been given to you.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 8:08am On Aug 08, 2017
25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
Sir and Ma, Christ is pleading with you to hold on to His words, His commandments and His instructions till His second coming.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2017
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Another promise. Christ is not just promising eternal life. He is promising dominion over nations. But what nations?
And God told me, nations of angels. I was taken to Hebrews 12:22

But ye have come unto Mount Zion and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Wow.
I've always been wondering what we as believers who endure to the end are going to be doing in Christ's kingdom? These 7 churches' thread has been revealing.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2017
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

And he shall rule them with a rod of iron;

You shall have dominion over them with the seal ofvauthority from God.

As the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers:
It signified they will without question hearken to your words. It signified instant response to your request.

even as I received of my Father
This signified that the same authority that was given to Christ has also been given to you.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 8:11am On Aug 08, 2017
28 And I will give him the morning star.

Another promise. A glory that is incomparable will be give to you by Christ only if you endure to the end.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 8:11am On Aug 08, 2017
29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Christ pleading with you to hearken to the Holy Spirit.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2017
Re: Letter To The Church Of Thyatira(the Seductress) by luvmijeje(f): 10:47am On Aug 08, 2017
Thread updated.

Any one who mentioned me on the weird encounter's thread you're on your own especially if you're mischievous.

(1) (Reply)

Prison Prism; Sun Son. / 2017 Hajj: Fire Breaks Out In Hotel In Mecca / What Did Jesus Christ Mean When He Said Believers Are The Salt Of The Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.