Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance/SpyRobot(Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance/SpyRobot(Photos) (780 Views)

Babcock University Students' Sextape: Zlatan Ibile Reacts To Leaked Video / Covenant University Sex Scandal: Photos, Audio Of Adooh Emmanuel / Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance Robot Named “spybot”(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance/SpyRobot(Photos) by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 08, 2017
Meet Spybot a surveillance device researched and built by a team of #Covenantuniversity students and lecturers exhibited at the ongoing ICTELExpo2017 at Eko hotel.

Spybot is a wireless solar powered surveillance(Multipurpose) System. It has a remote tranceiver that covers a distance of 7-8km.

The device is integrated with an IP(IPZ) camera with infrared light for night vision. This camera allows for remote sensing and control of the system as an #IoT enable smart security surveillance system.

The device is automatically or manually controlled by the user. It has an interface that can work work on Android and serves as a monitoring platform to see the movement of the device.

It can be used in the areas of medical expertise in remote areas, it can also serve as a military gadget to survey enemies against attack.

http://lakeleo..com.ng/2017/08/meet-spy-bot-solar-powered-security.html?m=1

Lalasticlala Seun TheVictorious Demmzy15 Cheifolododo Stbottle Pedagogue thesuave10

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance/SpyRobot(Photos) by Emescot(m): 9:37am On Aug 08, 2017
Nice, this is the kind of News we should be reading about Nigeria, Maybe it will make me think more abt 1 Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance/SpyRobot(Photos) by Fxmanager(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2017
A nairaland can generate avg 5-10%+ monthly to investors too. Check my signature.
Re: Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance/SpyRobot(Photos) by MysteriousAnn(f): 9:57am On Aug 08, 2017
With the amount they pay as fees, we shouldn't be shocked.
Re: Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance/SpyRobot(Photos) by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 08, 2017
It definitely can serve some reconnaissance purpose with the Nigerian army. Particularly since it is not as pronounced as drones. Some developing countries use "basic" drones as surveillance which may get shot down or at least give away intent to survey. I would also like them to expand that 7-8 km to about 30km(if possible) so it can function in very large deserts without putting operator(s) at risk(if they are present) Nice work!
Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance/SpyRobot(Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2017
I seriously don't know why this isn't in frontpage, Lalasticlala please it mustn't be about snake or drug peddling before you push am. As for enemies of progress shining their teeth anyhow, nothing is stopping your institution from creating something better than this.

Wallahi, I'm jealous of this nice project, this could help in the army and police. Around last year when Micah a former black US soldier went on the rampage killing police officers, he was stopped by a similar robot which exploded.

Statsocial, concerning the distance, I'm damn sure CU isn't like other Universities that throw away projects. They'll surely improve on it, I'll suggest they should reduce the size so as it can move undetected. I'm really proud of you guys!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance/SpyRobot(Photos) by Kingt230(m): 5:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
Great
Re: Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance/SpyRobot(Photos) by TheVictorious(m): 3:36am On Aug 09, 2017
This is a good development that can be commercialized.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance/SpyRobot(Photos) by TheVictorious(m): 3:37am On Aug 09, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun; come and see!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance/SpyRobot(Photos) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
TheVictorious:
This is a good development that can be commercialized.
True that. Commercialization is the way. I guess that's why CU goes for these Exhibitions. To showcase to industry what it can offer. Quite a lot of people in tech were quite impressed. In fact I think it was the only Innovation really profiled by enplug amongst other indigenous devices like smart phones e.t.c
I think if CU can truly align with industry in producing amazing tech then it would be unprecedented funds(for more research) for CU since most other Nigerian public universities are blind to the opportunities for funding that comes with industry partnership.
This is the way CU attracted quanser to build a centre of excellence in engineering on campus. I'm happy to see that the research clusters are coming alive.

Demmzy15 you are very right! It certainly has relevance in the Military. Once the ABUAD industrial research park comes to life(which would lease research space to companies) you may start seeing even crazier innovations from Abuad.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

All Schools To Cancel Post Utme Result? / UNILAG Releases List Of Students Involved In Exam Malpractice / Study On Cheap Tuition In Sweden: Tuition Fees And Living Expenses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.