Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Intel Announces New Core X-series (The Core i9) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Intel Announces New Core X-series (The Core i9) (1307 Views)

Asus Zenbook Pro Duo Is A Dual Screen Laptop With Core I9 / Intel’s New Core I9 Chips Could Make Laptops Feel Like Desktops / New Intel Core X-series Processor: CORE I9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intel Announces New Core X-series (The Core i9) by Raychux23(m): 10:04am On Aug 08, 2017

Good news for computer enthusiasts as Intel announces its new family of “Core X-Series” chips at Computex 2017 on Monday August 7th. The 12- to 18-core processors will be aiming at the high-end desktop market and also, will be offering more power and speed.

Availability of the core i9 chips
Coming into the market with four powerful core chips and the release date was announced as follow:
The 12-core launches August 28th, 2017. While the 14-, 16-, and 18-core will be ship on September 25th, 2017.
Although, the shipping date was earlier announced to be in October for the 18-core Core i9-7980XE. But with the pressing need for the chip in the market, it is coming earlier than expected.

Its speed and performance
When it comes to system processor power, speed is all that matters. Intel also announces that all of the clock speeds of the Core X series family are all unlocked and also ready to be overclocked.

Here’s a summery of the core counts and speeds of the new Core X family.
*Core i9-7980XE (18 cores, 36 threads): 2.6GHz; Boost, 4.2GHz to 4.4 GHz
*Core i9-7960X (16 cores, 32 threads): 2.8GHz; Boost, 4.2GHz to 4.4 GHz
*Core i9-7940X (14 cores, 28 threads): 3.1GHz; Boost: 4.3GHz to 4.4GHz
*Core i9-7920X (12 cores, 24 threads): 2.9-GHz; Boost: 4.3-GHz to 4.4GHz

The cost of the chip
The Core i9 is not coming in cheap. The chips will be priced from $999 to $1999. The most expensive will be the Extreme Edition (Core i9-7980XE) offering the best performance at the highest price for $1,999.

Who needs the new chip
With the high price tag placed on the new core family, these chips aren’t for everyone. You don’t just need 18 cores and 36 threads unless you’re doing resource-intensive multitasking such as video, gaming, virtual reality, content creation, overclocking etc.

Final Words
The Core i9 is finally here and it’s a dreamboat, faster and cheaper processor than its previous Intel’s 10-core chip. If you think you have what it takes and need it performance speed don’t hesitate and go for it already.

Source:
http://techablaze.com/blog/intel-announces-core-x-line-of-high-end-processors-and-release-date/

1 Like

Re: Intel Announces New Core X-series (The Core i9) by MrOfficer(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2017
Nice. Patiently waiting
Re: Intel Announces New Core X-series (The Core i9) by Raychux23(m): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
What task will you like to perform seemingly with this core?
Re: Intel Announces New Core X-series (The Core i9) by Lexusgs430: 12:09am On Aug 09, 2017
All our i7's are about to become yesterday's news......

NB: No more bragging rights......
Re: Intel Announces New Core X-series (The Core i9) by Raychux23(m): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2017
Lexusgs430:
All our i7's are about to become yesterday's news......

NB: No more bragging rights......

Not all abt brags. Going for a core as i9 u certainly know wat you need it for.

Anyways, some others might get theirs easily (gift) and dn't necessarily needs it power n the nxt logical thing for them to do is to brag abt their new machine.
Re: Intel Announces New Core X-series (The Core i9) by Lexusgs430: 8:47am On Aug 09, 2017
Raychux23:

Not all abt brags. Going for a core as i9 u certainly know wat you need it for.

Anyways, some others might get theirs easily (gift) and dn't necessarily needs it power n the nxt logical thing for them to do is to brag abt their new machine.

So we eventually end up at the bragging point.......... Let's see how the 1st advert on NL would be worded.....
Re: Intel Announces New Core X-series (The Core i9) by mexzony: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
Look unless you are using it for really intensive tasks buying this will be a waste of money as the core i7 series are still very much ok for normal everyday tasks.
Re: Intel Announces New Core X-series (The Core i9) by Greatzeus(m): 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
That's the thing with technology,it keeps getting better.Just when you thought you have gotten the best device that could Garner respect among others,then boom a new far advanced model is introduced, relegating your once state of the art device to the background grin.
Kudos to them,4Gh plus shocked

(1) (Reply)

32gb (8 X 4gb) Hynix Pc3l SERVER Ram / Laptop Delivered To A Client In Akure / Lenovo T440 Core I5 With Keyboard Light @ 70k.... Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.