Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

COMMODITY CALENDAR - Farmer/supplier And Exporter Input Highly Desired - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / COMMODITY CALENDAR - Farmer/supplier And Exporter Input Highly Desired (398 Views)

Raw Gold Suppliers , Maize Supplier And Charcoal. / Cocoa Is Available Reliable Company And Exporter / just 40k per acre...be an owner of your desired farmland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

COMMODITY CALENDAR - Farmer/supplier And Exporter Input Highly Desired by LincolnLawyer(m): 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
Good day, all.

In this pro-diversification economic climate it's common knowledge now (if it wasn't before) that Nigeria has a LOT of exportable agricultural produce spread across its 36 states. Cocoa, ginger, gum arabic, cassava - you name it, we have it, which means that anyone interested in entering the export business has an array of products to choose from, with some individuals not limiting themselves to only one product!

What isn't common knowledge, however, is WHEN these products are in and out of season in Nigeria. For example, an individual who wants to get into the business of exporting cocoa may not be aware that cocoa is not yet in season...

...or IS in season - who knows, right?!!

I'll tell you who: people who have access to the product; people who've exported before. In other words, farmers/suppliers and exporters.

If you fall into any one of the two categories of person, you are the main focus of this thread.

It's very simple. Just post the following:

1. I supply (insert commodity)
2. Harvest starts in (insert month)
3. Harvest ends in (insert month)
4. Contact details for any interested buyers.

The aim of this thread is as follows:

1. For any nairalanders interested in exporting to have a picture of the calendar year for agricultural commodities in Nigeria i.e. for them to know in any give month what commodity is in supply (or will come into supply or isn't in supply).

2. For above described nairalanders to be able to compare and contrast the months posted by suppliers to have a rough estimate of when the harvest season starts (in cases of conflicting months)

3. For above described nairalanders to know just what the hell they can export if having trouble deciding.

If this thread takes off I personally undertake to collate the data provided and create a thread for a commodity calendar.

Thanks in advance!
Re: COMMODITY CALENDAR - Farmer/supplier And Exporter Input Highly Desired by LincolnLawyer(m): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
I forgot to mention - this calendar is for perishable commodities i.e. food stuff, not mineral resources (unless derived from plants such as rubber).

Thanks again!
Re: COMMODITY CALENDAR - Farmer/supplier And Exporter Input Highly Desired by Tosokobigg: 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2017
Please how can I get a copy of the calendar your talking about

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Professional Snail Farming Practical / Cassava Stems And Tubers For Sale (TME 419 And Vitamin A Varieties)__07032028109 / I Need An Experienced Snail And Grasscutter Farmer To Employ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.