Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,702 members, 7,816,871 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi (3576 Views)

How To Setup VTU Portal To Sell Airtime Online And Make Money Every Minutes / World Bank Says Nigeria Will Soon Recover From Economic Recession / Forex: Black Market Will Soon Collapse – Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
Insurance practitioners on Friday said that they would soon partner the Federal Government to create a common portal to check issuance of fake insurance documents in Nigeria.

Mrs Oyinkan Olasanoye, the President of Association of Senior Staff of Banks, Insurance and Financial Institutions (ASSBIFI), disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

She said that the portal would be created in a way that only registered insurance practitioners would be able to log in to transact business and issue original insurance papers.

Olasanoye was reacting to a report that government was losing N6 billion yearly to fake insurance papers.

The report said that about 300,000 of the cargoes imported yearly through the nation’s airports and seaports were with fake insurance papers.

The report said that Nigeria realised about N112 billion between 2010 and 2016 by insuring just 700, 000 out of the 1.1 million imported cargoes yearly.

According to Olasanoye, government and insurance companies lose more than N6 billion annually since fake insurance papers are also procured for cars, lands, houses, health and journeys.

She said it was regrettable that procurement of insurance documents manually had increased the rate of counterfeiting.

“We are planning to work with the government to achieve a portal. With that, it will be difficult to produce a fake document,’’ she said.

Mr Sheikh Muhammed, the General Secretary, National Union of Banks, Insurance and Financial Institutions Employees (NUBIFIE), advised that insurance agents should be properly monitored to reduce the menace of fake documents.

He said that the National Insurance Commission should keep a tab on activities of registered agents to detect those operating without licence.
Muhammed said that government and insurance sector had continually lost billions of naira to procurement of fake insurance documents which had also contributed to unemployment in that sector.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/we-will-soon-create-a-portal-to-stop-fake-insurance-papers-assbifi/

Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 09, 2017
checks and balances

1 Like

Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by nony43(m): 7:24am On Aug 09, 2017
Please do
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by KayDEAN(m): 7:24am On Aug 09, 2017
As far as there's Adobe photoshop, fake documents is going to be hard to stop
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by harffie(m): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2017
grin
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 09, 2017
STC

Akant name: Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle
Akant number: 1234567891
Bank: Condolo bank

Waiting on my alert Lalasticlala, else, imma stop visiting nairaland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by Treasure1919(f): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2017
Good Good
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by Aromas: 7:25am On Aug 09, 2017
Issokay
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by crunchyg: 7:26am On Aug 09, 2017
You will soon create, after the fake accounts has already swindle people there money. Ok ooo cobtinue
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by suave558(m): 7:28am On Aug 09, 2017
We will soon . . Don't you guys get tired of this? angry
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by Bossjosh: 7:31am On Aug 09, 2017
Who dem epp?
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by sooperrescue(m): 7:33am On Aug 09, 2017
Let the union key into askniid.org portal. It is already on ground especially for motor insurance. This initiative is from the Nigeria Insurers Association . If the union's employers have created a platform , why then are the workers planning an alternative? Confusion galore loading.....

4 Likes

Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by ehioziosa: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2017
The 30 billion Naira Omo Baba Olowo (OBO) hip hop star DAVIDO on Sunday vomited blood from his mouth while on a stage performance in Lagos.

According to fans and spectators during the event, OBO got a round of applause when he first appeared on stage but later got groans of disgust as the fans watched him vomit blood.

click the link below to read more

https://metweet.com/earn-money-on-metweet-its-easy/
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by yomalex(m): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2017
good
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by Iolo(m): 7:41am On Aug 09, 2017
This portal already exists na.

1 Like

Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by Iolo(m): 7:42am On Aug 09, 2017
sooperrescue:
Let the union key into askniid.org portal. It is already on ground especially for motor insurance. This initiative is from the Nigeria Insurers Association . If the union's employers have created a platform , why then are the workers planning an alternative? Confusion galore loading.....

Thanks for stating this. Confused set of people.

1 Like

Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by wolesmile(m): 7:47am On Aug 09, 2017
Who says the menace of fake documents can be checked? And who told you your portal can not even be hacked? Go ask USA, They'll tell you they never suspected visas being issued from the fake US Embassy in Ghana to be fakes.
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by prodigy24: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2017
Afonja scamming Nigerian using insurance since 1900

1 Like

Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by donqx: 8:07am On Aug 09, 2017
ok
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by dunkem21(m): 8:09am On Aug 09, 2017
Nigerians like to be forced to do the right thing. Insuring your cargoes legitimately is cheaper and better. The reason why one loss kills a business..

Some people go use 10k buy screen guard for their phone but can't pay same amount to screen guard their car or goods..

..Even LIFE!. Our LIFE cover starts @N1k ONCE and is worth N100k as long as you continue to SAVE as little as N10k monthly for one year..

..or N5k if you're a corp member to encourage you start something after the service year.
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by KARDEMARH: 9:39am On Aug 09, 2017
Nice step mai president...people are ignorant of wat insurance entails...dey tink z just an ordinary name buh it's far beyond d way people ar seeing it...I REP MUTUAL BENEFIT LIFE ASSURANCE, NO 4 ASSBIFI HOUSE ,ASSBIFI ROAD ALAUSA IKEJA...
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by chuckdee4(m): 10:30am On Aug 09, 2017
When will they create a portal that protects citizens from bullish Insurance companies, financial institutions and telecoms companies?

This Nigerian government can be very efficient when its time to be innovative about lining their pockets but they go to sleep when its time to be innovative about protecting its citizens
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by DisGuy: 10:38am On Aug 09, 2017
KayDEAN:
As far as there's Adobe photoshop, fake documents is going to be hard to stop

unique insurance numbers will flag up fakes
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by osayande2012(m): 9:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
Nigerians should be careful with these so called insurance policy most of them are scam.
i had experience with mutual benefit life assurance, Aret Adams house,Town planning,Ilupeju,lagos which is the headquaters.After making contributions for 4 completed years instead of getting my capital with compound interest as promised in the policy i got less than the capital contributed, even the account still defrauded me by not remitting some of my premiums i paid.In all I lost #26000.I escalated it to d management till now nothing has been done.My wife got no interest at all on hers after making 4 completed years contribution.
Now i don learn.
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by osayande2012(m): 10:02pm On Mar 01, 2018
Nigerians should be careful with these so called insurance policy most of them are scam.
i had experience with mutual benefit life assurance, Aret Adams house,Town planning,Ilupeju,lagos which is the headquaters.After making contributions for 4 completed years instead of getting my capital with compound interest as promised in the policy documents, at d end i got less than the capital contributed, even the account officer still defrauded me by not remitting some of my premiums i paid.In all I lost #26000.I escalated it to d management till now nothing has been done.My wife got no interest at all on hers after making 4 completed years contribution.
Now i don learn.
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by osayande2012(m): 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
KARDEMARH:
Nice step mai president...people are ignorant of wat insurance entails...dey tink z just an ordinary name buh it's far beyond d way people ar seeing it...I REP MUTUAL BENEFIT LIFE ASSURANCE, NO 4 ASSBIFI HOUSE ,ASSBIFI ROAD ALAUSA IKEJA...

mutual benefit is a scam.The account officer and his line manager i transacted are fraudsters.
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by osayande2012(m): 10:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
KARDEMARH:

mutual benefit is a scam.The account officer and his line manager i transacted with are fraudsters.
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by ddahunsi(m): 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
I totally agree with the comments on Mutual Benefit Assurance and most of this scammers that call themselves insurance companies.
They bamboozle people with fake claims and fine prints, end up delaying your payment forever, pay you less than expected most times citing frivolous reasons.

Please be wary of them so that you don't get hoodwinked out of your hard earned cash.
Re: We Will Soon Create A Portal To Stop Fake Insurance Papers – Assbifi by ddahunsi(m): 1:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
For almost two months, Mutual Benefit Assurance has been tell me different stories and grammar, making unkept promises, giving dates that they are yet to fulfill, just 5 minutes ago I heard a new one; your claim has been escalated for payment.

I sure will NEVER fall for this again. I hope you won't!

(1) (Reply)

Ava Cement. / Goshenite Gemstone Needed / »»» Long Boom Swamp Buggy For Sale «««

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.