Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

What's The Minimum Capital Needed To Start A Reasonable Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What's The Minimum Capital Needed To Start A Reasonable Business? (2134 Views)

Minimum Capital Require To Set Up A Business Center N Likelly Recurring Poblems / Looking For A Business With Two Hundred Thousand Minimum Capital. / What Is The Minimum Initial Deposit To Open An Savings Account With Gtbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Minimum Capital Needed To Start A Reasonable Business? by gbeborun(m): 7:46pm On Feb 09, 2007
Just keen on having my own business along side my current job. Fellow nairaland users, what in your opinion is the smallest amount needed to start. Although i know that it partly depends on the type of business. But i'm talkin on an average level. Thanks
Re: What's The Minimum Capital Needed To Start A Reasonable Business? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2007
even on average level it depends on the type of business you want wink
Re: What's The Minimum Capital Needed To Start A Reasonable Business? by naijacutee(f): 10:24pm On Feb 09, 2007
I was just going to say that, Loverbwoy. cool

If you wanted to go into pure water business on a basic level, you won't need more than =N=100. If you want to go into department stores, you'll need a few millions. . . so it depends
Re: What's The Minimum Capital Needed To Start A Reasonable Business? by gbeborun(m): 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2007
thanks and very sorry for my ignorance. What about an upscale boutique and departmental store (supermarket if you like!)
Re: What's The Minimum Capital Needed To Start A Reasonable Business? by naijacutee(f): 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2007
Well, I don't know how much these things cost, actually. Since it's your vision, I guess you have to do some legwork and specifically find out the costs of starting up your business venture. I guess you will have to take into account even the smallest detail as it gets easy to overlook things that look minute but mean a lot. Things you'll have to take into account are :
Renting/leasing/building your store
Electricity, water (whether it's a borehole, well etc)
Inventory
Any registration you might need to practice
Telephone connection/rental
Shop furniture (Display racks, carpeting, tills etc)
Shop office furniture (Chairs, Desk, Computer, Fax machine, Printer, filing cabinets etc)
Employees - You should be able to pay employees until you actually start making profit. This might take a few months. . .

Etcetera. I wish you all the best  cool

(1) (Reply)

#‎funnyfriday‬ Quotes / Buy A Full Basket Of Tomatoes At 20k Naira Only. / Chilo Nkeki Is The Richest Man In Agbor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.