Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,822 members, 7,828,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Car Wax Wahala After Spraying - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Wax Wahala After Spraying (1949 Views)

Car Duster For Your Dashboard (wax Treated), Easily Attracts Dust (2K ONLY)... / Car Wax / Which Is The Best Car Wax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Wax Wahala After Spraying by wpconsult: 8:34am On Aug 09, 2017
Goodmorning my people. I have a problem with my car that was sprayed and delivered on Saturday. But on Sunday morning, the car turned whitish/grey color instead of the normal black color. The same color was retained while spraying. And I ensured Sikkens Autobase paint was used, but not sure of the quality of the wax. Please, what can I do to solve this problem. It's so embarrassing when I drive my car out early morning with faded color and during the day it wiped off gradually and return again when it rains or at night.

Below is the picture of the car early morning

Re: Car Wax Wahala After Spraying by wpconsult: 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
The painter said I should add kerosene on water and wash it. Will that work or cause more damage?
Re: Car Wax Wahala After Spraying by ironheart(m): 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
What is the level of calcium in your water? Are you using borehole?
Re: Car Wax Wahala After Spraying by wpconsult: 3:22pm On Aug 09, 2017
Yes, I use borehole. But I have not even washed the car when the color changed. Its been like this every night till morning
Re: Car Wax Wahala After Spraying by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
wpconsult:
Goodmorning my people. I have a problem with my car that was sprayed and delivered on Saturday. But on Sunday morning, the car turned whitish/grey color instead of the normal black color. The same color was retained while spraying. And I ensured Sikkens Autobase paint was used, but not sure of the quality of the wax . Please, what can I do to solve this problem. It's so embarrassing when I drive my car out early morning with faded color and during the day it wiped off gradually and return again when it rains or at night.

you were better off using sikkens clear lacquer, hardner, slow thinner and reducer. What you did was cover expensive paint with a substandard layer of lacquer, mixed in wrong proportions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Wax Wahala After Spraying by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you were better off using sikkens clear lacquer, hardner, slow thinner and reducer. What you did was cover expensive paint with a substandard layer of lacquer, mixed in wrong proportions.
Re: Car Wax Wahala After Spraying by thegame(m): 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Oga asked... please what can I do to solve this problem?
Re: Car Wax Wahala After Spraying by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2017
thegame:

Oga asked... please what can I do to solve this problem?

Re-spray.
Re: Car Wax Wahala After Spraying by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Re-spray.
Wicked response.
Re: Car Wax Wahala After Spraying by wpconsult: 6:19am On Aug 13, 2017
Hmm....respray? Does it mean it can't dry and disappear after sometime?
Re: Car Wax Wahala After Spraying by almsofgold: 9:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
wpconsult:
Goodmorning my people. I have a problem with my car that was sprayed and delivered on Saturday. But on Sunday morning, the car turned whitish/grey color instead of the normal black color. The same color was retained while spraying. And I ensured Sikkens Autobase paint was used, but not sure of the quality of the wax. Please, what can I do to solve this problem. It's so 2019483937 Luv U. when I drive my car out early morning with faded color and during the day it wiped off gradually and return again when it rains or at night.

return it to the painter if you feel he's done a shoddy job.

(1) (Reply)

'Grinding' Sound On Engine / Clean Affordable Nigerian Used Cars For Sale. Please For Serious Buyers Only / Resurs Next Engine Restorer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.