Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria (6129 Views)

Adidas Terminates Contract With NFF / NFF Offers Keshi N168 Million Two-year Deal / Arsenal Offers Semi Ajayi Two-Year Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by dinsky: 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2010
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=35.

Domenico Ricci,the representative of the current Ireland boss,Giovanni Trapattoni has spoken exclusively to allnigeriasocer.com on the availability of his client, as the new Nigerian helmsman.Ricci needs no introduction.He is Italy's number one pundit on African football matters,for the past thirty years.He was the agent that took Sammy Kuffor,Mohammed Cargo and Emmanuel Duah,all members of the victorious Ghanaian U-17 World champions to Italian club Torino,that caused quite a sensation in Africa then.Ricci says Trapattoni is available for the job.

''The hand of Thierry Henry is a blessing to Trapattoni.I am sure he is the right man for Nigeria in these days,there are some obstacles to pass but we are praying.There is a clause in his contract that can let him go.Turkey,Bordeaux,Porto and Liverpool are also interested in him but Nigeria is on top of his wish list.Trapattoni loves Nigeria and Africa and he is ready to sign a two or three years contract,and he is coming with his coaching staff.''

The NFF is expected to name a successor to Shuaibu Amodu before the end of the month, in time for a friendly with a yet to be unnamed opponent.Festus Adegboyega Onigbinde,ex NFF Secretary General Tijani Yusuf and Technical Committee boss,Taiwo Ogunjobi are believed to be the three ''wisemen'' that will select the right candidate.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2010
hmmm
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by semid4lyfe(m): 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2010
Person wey no fit qualify Republic of Ireland for World cup, na em we wan employ carry us go SA. . . . . I pity the old man. . . .our lazy players go make am run high blood pressure and im go just die of heart attack.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by udennaa: 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2010
d tin be say nigeria no get players,d problem is not d coach.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by latepa(m): 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2010
Well lets see what will happen when we get to the World cup if he's the new coach  
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by sley4life(m): 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Person wey no fit qualify Republic of Ireland for World cup, na em we wan employ carry us go SA. . . . . I pity the old man. . . .our lazy players go make am run high blood pressure and im go just die of heart attack.

Shut up. You better check the CV of Trapattoni before you open your dirty mouth for public. You for include Nigeria for Ireland group make you see if Amodu go even carry 4th position there.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by Nescoemmy(m): 1:46pm On Feb 13, 2010
The man can't help nigeria,pls they should go for guus hiddink,he piloted korea 2 there 1st w.c semi-final & has achieved gr8 feat since then.
Are the 3 men realy wise? i just hope they are.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by BizBooks(m): 1:50pm On Feb 13, 2010
From the article:

Turkey, Bordeaux, Porto and Liverpool are also interested in him,

Is Benitez aware that Liverpool is looking for a new coach? This must be terrible albeit inadvertent way to break the news to him.

We should get Trapattoni or Hiddink. After that, we should call up Agbonlahor (I know he doesn't deserve it). But we need all the help we can get to make it past the group stage.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by Donmeca(m): 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2010
Gossip! If dem like make dem go wake ma granpa. pisd off. Make i do oad tins jare.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by justbay: 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2010
Trap or who ever will also need our indigenuos coaches to succeed. We all have to support him and Siasia( my choice ). Also d new Tech Adviser should have d mandate of developing our grassroot football by been involve in all our teams so as to ensure continuity in whatever progrsee he makes. Goodluck to d best man.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by otokx(m): 2:11pm On Feb 13, 2010
what a waste?
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by becomricch: 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2010
Were you take hear r
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by dinsky: 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2010
Trapattoni will be good for the Nigerian job,afterall he has shown interest,unlike the others,Hiddink and LVG that have pulled out.He is the most successful coach in the history of Serie A.

Nigeria is a good prospect for him and he WILL deliver.We are talking of one of the top five coaches in world football presently.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2010
dinsky:

Trapattoni will be good for the Nigerian job,afterall he has shown interest,unlike the others,Hiddink and LVG that have pulled out.He is the most successful coach in the history of Serie A.

Nigeria is a good prospect for him and he WILL deliver.We are talking of[b] one of the top five coaches in world football[/b] presently.

Top 5?? and he failed to guide the Republic to the WC
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by OpeLovely(f): 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2010
The coach needs to be changed likewise the people in the NFF glass house. I do not think Trappatoni is a marvellous choice as Guus Hiddink is far better. Then again, the best coaches may not want to sign up with Nigeria as they do not want their reputation to be soiled, and the question is that will the corrupt NFF people allow the coach to do his job?
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by azeeza(f): 2:50pm On Feb 13, 2010
instead of trapattoni,sia1 should take over.can this old man stand the heat?
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by deeboiz: 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2010
azeeza:

instead of trapattoni,sia1 should take over.can this old man stand the heat?

Siasia is not ripe enough to coach the super eagles, at least not for the next 6yrs or so, cos the guy guided a junior team to two silver medal does not propel him to a senior team coach. Is just crazy how the guy is been anointed as the chosen one
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by dreeldee: 3:15pm On Feb 13, 2010
Where does it say he's to sign a two year contract? Misleading headline only from Nairaland.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by monkeyleg: 3:15pm On Feb 13, 2010
another gimmick. when are we ever going to get serious about solving problems in Nigeria. Real big joke
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by azeeza(f): 3:22pm On Feb 13, 2010
let's see how the drama unfold. undecided
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by nduchucks: 3:36pm On Feb 13, 2010
It appears as if the story that Giovanni Trapattoni is to sign a 2-yr contract may be untrue.

Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has denied reports that they have concluded arrangement to meet with Republic of Ireland manager, Giovanni Trapattoni, Guus Hiddink as well as the other coaches in London Thursday next week.

Chairman of the NFF technical committee, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi, said there was no iota of truth in the report just as he informed that all the candidates jostling for Shaibu Amodu’s job had been instructed to hit Abuja for interview.

“We never agreed to hold interview with any of the shortlisted coaches in London, and we have no plans to do that. The interview will still hold in Abuja as scheduled on February 26 and all the coaches on our wish list have been notified about the arrangement. Invitation letters have already been dispatched to them,” Chief Ogunjobi explained to SoccerStar.

He said the NFF would no more discuss the issue of foreign coach inside the pages of newspapers until the deal has been finally sealed.

Read the rest of the story here:  http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/12/515.html
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by kobikwelu(m): 3:40pm On Feb 13, 2010
the poster of this thread is a COW (MALU,EWU) angry

when i saw the topic, i shouted for joy and almost broke my finger trying to click the story, only to be fed innuedoes and conjectures!!!!!! angry

MR POSTER , YOU ARE A CLOWN!!!

talk only when you have HARD FACTS, not reharshing rumours that we already know.

mshewwwww

(i cant blive i wasted 3 mins of my life for this)
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by azeeza(f): 3:43pm On Feb 13, 2010
they have concluded arrangement to meet with Republic of Ireland manager, Giovanni Trapattoni, Guus Hiddink as well as the other coaches in London Thursday next week.

But NFF said the interview will hold in 9ja.you cant predict them you know.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by dinsky: 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2010
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8510136.stm

This is the latest report from the BBC published few hours ago on Giovanni Trapattoni.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:32pm On Feb 13, 2010
A 70-year old Trap! , and he is young mentally? well maybe disciplinary issues will subside once Baba TRAP! comes into the SE and winds up the NFF grin

But really is this the best we can come up with since dumping our World Cup Qualifying and Bronze-winning Coach Amodu, I bet Festus Onigbinde has a word to say about this,after all they should be about the same age grin . oya baba festus, over to you
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by usbcable(m): 5:03pm On Feb 13, 2010
kobikwelu:

the poster of this thread is a COW (MALU,EWU) angry

when i saw the topic, i shouted for joy and almost broke my finger trying to click the story, only to be fed innuedoes and conjectures!!!!!! angry

MR POSTER , YOU ARE A CLOWN!!!

talk only when you have HARD FACTS, not reharshing rumours that we already know.

mshewwwww

(i cant blive i wasted 3 mins of my life for this)

seconded
thirded
forted
fifted
in fact (lemme calm down)
yeye story
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by Str8talk: 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2010
Hiddink will leave Russian Job in june

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8513955.stm

For the Hiddink die-hards, the question is can Nigerian negotiate an early release of the man?
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by TheKing3: 7:02pm On Feb 13, 2010
Nigeria dosn't need any coach who is an old man lest the man die of heart attack when Nigerian players start playing the way they played during the last nations cup.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by InfoHelper: 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2010
who the fuk is dat? trapatoni, abeg leav amodu dere. shey no better replacmnt dey
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by Redman44(m): 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2010
We don't need Trappatoni as the Eagles coach. He can't lift the standard of Nigerian football. I just pray the old man will not meet the waterloo of his coaching career in Nigeria. NFF have started dropping names again. The men at the glass house are not serious. It just shows that the NFF does not have a research unit that monitors coaches in different parts of the world. We need a coach that is technically gifted and very disciplined. He does not have to be a popular coach, but he will be a coach that knows what he's doing. The kind of coach we need might be coaching teams in the Brazilian or the Dutch league [ Eredivise] and must have won some competitions like Copa America etc.

Above all, the problem of Nigerian football transcends the issue of hiring a coach. It is a systemic problem which has roots deeply embedded in the Glass House. We need to bring in men of vision into the Glass House. Cheers.
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by Mesef1: 8:07pm On Feb 13, 2010
sley4life:

Shut up. You better check the CV of Trapattoni before you open your dirty mouth for public. You for include Nigeria for Ireland group make you see if Amodu go even carry 4th position there.

Don't mind them jare!

No be Mozambique help naija qualify? And in 2002, Nigeria had to pay Ghana to go beat Liberia after the former had promised George Weah and giving him a false impression that they will loosen their guard. Amodu deserves no praise for those world cup feats and Trapatonni is his grandfather as far as coaching is concerned.

Guus Hiddink is not interested in Nigeria and Van Gal is still under contract with Bayern and has committed to seeing through the contract.

Trapattoni is the best choice among the remaining guys!
Re: Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria by 9ijaprince(m): 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2010
Nonsence we want siasia,he has good atattacking mentality.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Third Player After Messi And Ronaldo? / Gernot Rohr Dismisses Links To Ghana Coaching Job / NSF 2024: Organizers Begin Search For Ceremonies Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.