Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee (50334 Views)

Corper Uwaoma Susan Joseph Buys Keke Napep From Her NYSC Allowance Savings / NYSC Goes After 75 Ex- Corp Members For Refusing To Repay BTW N300k & N400k Loan / Help Me:i Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Lectureradodo: 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
Depending on ur area and location oh, but bet9ja shop is a cool business now oooooo, consider it Bro, am talking from experience

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 09, 2017
cyrielo:
have you heard of Andela

yes,but I haven't had any contact with them.

moreover, the information I got online wasn't sufficient.

could you please enlighten me.
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by anthney87: 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
what dept did u graduate from.
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by donifez(m): 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
There is an investment I have been into for the past one year plus. I am also a corper like you and also plan to reinvest ...It pays 10 percent of your investment per month. If you feel it is not too small and wish to know about it...Pm me. It is a risk I took and I am happy I made that decision.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Vecharry(m): 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
Yabiola26:

Join a what'sapp agropenuer group and thank me later you will be glad you did..
An exerpts from the group today

let's talk biz. pm me
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by DreManuel(m): 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextstep:

OK. Wise of you to have saved this much. Keep this money in a savings account and forget about it. This is your emergency funds/house foundation fund, etc in the future. Like you say, it's not enough to rent shop and it's not really an investment amount. I think it will be wasted if you go into real estate, or farming of any sort, because you will be undercapitalized.

I think the best thing is pretend this money is not there, and go and hustle on your first job. Good luck!

Good idea but.....

Please whatever you do, don't put into savings account, otherwise put into StanbicIBTC money market fund or Guaranteed Investment Fund or ARM MMF. These instruments pay more like 18% p.a. Savings account is a rip off.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by SOPIGO: 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
I am interested on this agropeneur stuff......how do I connect to u . Help a brother.....
Yabiola26:

COST BREAKDOWN OF ONE HECTARE OF MAIZE
1. Mechanical land clearing and preparation = N25,000
2. Land lease charges: N8,500 per hectare per year
3. Consultancy and administrative fees = N25,000/hectare/planting season (these include security arrangement, community development services, signpost construction/demarcation barriers, logistics, research and farm management)
4. Maize seeds @ N700 per kg, 20kg will be needed for 1hectare = N14,000
5. Mechanical Planting = (N10,000 per hectare)
6. Pre-emergence herbicides (5 liters at N2500/l) = N12,500
7. Fertilizer (ratio of 20:10:10, 9 bags at N10,000/bag) = N90,000
8. Application of herbicides = N10,000
9. Labour cost for application of fertilizer (8 pd at N500/pd) = N4,000
10. I Unit of Knapsack Sprayer = N2,000 (One-time purchase).
11. Harvesting = N15,000
12. Miscellaneous (especially for unforeseen expenses or circumstances, for example in case we may have to buy pesticides, for example, there was an infestation of army worms last season so we have to be fully prepared, although the chances of insect attack in maize is very low, we have to be prepared for all outcomes) = N15,000
Total
COST OF FIRST SEASON OF PLANTING = N231,000
COST OF SECOND SEASON OF PLANTING = N204,000
MAIZE GROWS VERY QUICKLY, READY FOR HARVEST IN JUST TWO MONTHS AND THESE EXPENSES ARE MADE OVER THE SAME PERIOD AND NOT AT ONCE.
PROFITS AND RETURNS
You can get up to 2 tonnes (2,000kg), of processed maize grains from one hectare. One tonne goes for N183,130 and two tonnes will be N366,260.
PURE PROFITS IN FIRST SEASON = N135,260
PURE PROFITS IN SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT SEASONS = N162,260
PLEASE NOTE: JOINING A GROUP OR PAIRING UP WITH A NAIRA MEMBER GREATLY REDUCES THE COST. A GROUP CAN HAVE A MAXIMUM OF SIX PEOPLE.
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by lacreamieboie(m): 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
Open a gas Filling shop.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by yusufu16: 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
ShyCypher:
What do you need a shop for? Start a mobile business. There are many websites where you can advertise. Olx, jiji etc.

Choose somethin' u have a flair for so when the goin' gets tough sheer interest will keep you goin'.

Laptops & Phones move fast & are very portable & will still allow you work 9-5 if you want. You can offer lower prices since you don't pay shop rent nor salaries & (probably) still single... except you have a Slay Mama ready to milk you dry.

He can also advertise FREE on yakata.com.ng

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by sweatlana: 9:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
Iamsammy:
only no join any group oh! U wan enta scammer hand Abi? Any one DAT drop numba for u, nor even try call am. Just follow some reasonable advice den startup ur biz
Too good to be true right??
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by uzoormah(m): 9:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
folashade96:
Mugabe will not kill person:South Africans will kick down a statue of a dead white man but won't even attempt to slap a live one. Yet they can stone to death a black man simply because he is a foreigner.

There is no atom of doubt that you have inhaled sokoto weed from that uncompleted building in your street.. just drink a cup of cold water and you will start talking normally

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Oduok(m): 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2017
Someone that asks what business to put money in is likely not going to succeed in business. Business idea if not spontaneously generated will lack the drive to witstand 'storms'. My advice: leave the money until you have a drive towards a business. Until you have a spark of that burning idea to venture into something. Continue with what you were doing to save this much. Calling 300k saving from NYSC is deceptive though. You actually saved from somewhere else. The net balance of NYSC allowance can't give you upto 50k savings - stop deceiving the gullible. You must be from a financially stable home, I guess and lots of other sources of income at your disposal. So continue raising money from those sources. When a business idea finally comes, make it a somehow big. Target a scale of 2million naira business, raise 1million and source for funding for the remaining 1million. Never enter any business in this your present state. 300k in your hand now is so volatile. You will lose it faster than you raised it. A lot of people will give you business ideas showing you only the benefits but not the risks. So be wise.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by ogawisdom(m): 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2017
jwax:
Nairalanders please I need your candid advise. Presently I am a Batch B corp member that will be passing out in October. Have been able to save up to N300,000 during this service period. I never touched my allawee, I didn't buy any clothes or even clubbed, I fed and lived on money I get from private lessons and the 5k Stipend my PPA give me, so that made me to save allawee and also the little I get from private lessons.

Right now I will be going into labor market and my heart is already beating fast.

The money isn't enough to even rent a shop and I don't know what to invest in, I don't want to go into network marketing cos even my 140k in Swiss Golden didn't come back to me and am so pained.

Please I need investment advise

Use it to sponsor urself for Masters degree program in a Federal uni dts d best thing u can do with dt money n u will be eternally grateful u did
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by malakus(m): 10:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
Trust me op you will get lots of advice
Just hope you don't come back seeking for which one to choose
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
omoikea:
are you sure it's this year 2017 you are serving because I am not understanding at all....

me no even get one naira not to talk about savings and we are both passing out by October grin grin grin

But God dey sha...
he definately he other sources of income. Whenni served, I didn't buy bra or pant with allowee. Didn't buy any new thing with the money. Didn't make hair with the money. I'm not exaggerating . I didn't pay lipstick or eyepencil. Only food and other expenses like body cream nd soup and transportation and I didn't travel outside the arte where I served except when I went home for Christmas. Yet I didn't save anything. Ate all my allowee and yet I had ulcer after nysc.
They guy really tried

6 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Jok3r(m): 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
jwax:
Nairalanders please I need your candid advise. Presently I am a Batch B corp member that will be passing out in October. Have been able to save up to N300,000 during this service period. I never touched my allawee, I didn't buy any clothes or even clubbed, I fed and lived on money I get from private lessons and the 5k Stipend my PPA give me, so that made me to save allawee and also the little I get from private lessons.

Right now I will be going into labor market and my heart is already beating fast.

The money isn't enough to even rent a shop and I don't know what to invest in, I don't want to go into network marketing cos even my 140k in Swiss Golden didn't come back to me and am so pained.

Pls send it to me.. I know what to invest on
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Beedude(m): 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
jwax:

Do u derive passion in teaching?
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Smartslim17: 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
Yabiola26:

COST BREAKDOWN OF ONE HECTARE OF MAIZE
1. Mechanical land clearing and preparation = N25,000
2. Land lease charges: N8,500 per hectare per year
3. Consultancy and administrative fees = N25,000/hectare/planting season (these include security arrangement, community development services, signpost construction/demarcation barriers, logistics, research and farm management)
4. Maize seeds @ N700 per kg, 20kg will be needed for 1hectare = N14,000
5. Mechanical Planting = (N10,000 per hectare)
6. Pre-emergence herbicides (5 liters at N2500/l) = N12,500
7. Fertilizer (ratio of 20:10:10, 9 bags at N10,000/bag) = N90,000
8. Application of herbicides = N10,000
9. Labour cost for application of fertilizer (8 pd at N500/pd) = N4,000
10. I Unit of Knapsack Sprayer = N2,000 (One-time purchase).
11. Harvesting = N15,000
12. Miscellaneous (especially for unforeseen expenses or circumstances, for example in case we may have to buy pesticides, for example, there was an infestation of army worms last season so we have to be fully prepared, although the chances of insect attack in maize is very low, we have to be prepared for all outcomes) = N15,000
Total
COST OF FIRST SEASON OF PLANTING = N231,000
COST OF SECOND SEASON OF PLANTING = N204,000
MAIZE GROWS VERY QUICKLY, READY FOR HARVEST IN JUST TWO MONTHS AND THESE EXPENSES ARE MADE OVER THE SAME PERIOD AND NOT AT ONCE.
PROFITS AND RETURNS
You can get up to 2 tonnes (2,000kg), of processed maize grains from one hectare. One tonne goes for N183,130 and two tonnes will be N366,260.
PURE PROFITS IN FIRST SEASON = N135,260
PURE PROFITS IN SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT SEASONS = N162,260
PLEASE NOTE: JOINING A GROUP OR PAIRING UP WITH A NAIRA MEMBER GREATLY REDUCES THE COST. A GROUP CAN HAVE A MAXIMUM OF SIX PEOPLE.

How can we be part of the group. Pls give us link
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by cassyrooy(m): 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
Debbie19:
Message me OP, i have a plan for you
OP I can't tell you not to give it a try but I can't tell you to try it too.

Your dilemma.
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by sircrabo: 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
Build a business around your passion. Don't invest in any business you don't understand or have flare for. Don't venture into agric if you are not an agric person. There must be a field you love so much, look around it and do business related to that field.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by holuwakore(m): 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
smell lies

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
jwax:

Wow how the fvck did you save that much? I couldn't even saved up to #5,000 during my time.
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by helphelp: 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
Dething:

.....but you wicked sha! grin grin grin

I needed to remind the person, it's a win or lose kinda risk... Lol
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
MadCow1:
Play Nairabet.. or double it with MMM
Real shiit bruh
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Teeboi56: 10:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
My own advice is dat may be u should start a small
Or u can even think of it by ur self and don't let anybody deceive u

Pls and pls
Don't play naira bet or MMM ooo u we cry at last ni oooo

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Primebuilders(m): 10:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
I don't know how many Job seekers will see this and believe. My company needs at least 1000 .marketers at the moment. Below is the details

BeepPay Transactions Limited is currently recruiting Independent Affiliates to promote one of its core products “GoldClub Discount Pack”. 

This pack contains an offline payment card, online payment card (ATM) and a Talk ‘n’ Earn sim card from 9mobile (formerly Etisalat). It affords the end user the opportunity to access mind blowing and jaw dropping discount bonuses and deals across broad categories of their lifestyle needs in places where discounts have been negotiated.  An easy business 2.0 package is automatically loaded into the sim upon activation. This package comes with 150 mins of voice calls to any network in Nigeria; 1.5Gb of data and the opportunity to make calls at 11k/sec flat to all networks in Nigeria within the validity period.

The job of an independent affiliate is majorly to put this pack in the hands of end users. The recommended target for an individual affiliate is 20 packs in a month to earn N132,000 monthly. Each pack is sold for either N40,550 or N25,550 depending on the package subscribed. The Independent Affiliate is free to work from anywhere.

Should you wish to accept this offer kindly send a brief profile of yourself with full contact information; stating your preferred location, attached with a resume to bright@beepmagnet.com  to schedule an appropriate time for training and further direction.
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by OBku4(m): 10:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
U can come into crop farming with less than 100k. The profit margin is really really large.
Anywayz, wish u all d best. Choose wisely.
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by AmazingM: 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
Fool!
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by Beedude(m): 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
he definately he other sources of income. Whenni served, I didn't buy bra or pant with allowee. Didn't buy any new thing with the money. Didn't make hair with the money. I'm not exaggerating . I didn't pay lipstick or eyepencil. Only food and other expenses like body cream nd soup and transportation and I didn't travel outside the arte where I served except when I went home for Christmas. Yet I didn't save anything. Ate all my allowee and yet I had ulcer after nysc.
They guy really tried
I saved 90k in 2012/13 nysc. I can say serving in a rural area helped.The money made me what i am right now. but wasn's easy though
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by osazsky(m): 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2017
donifez:
There is an investment I have been into for the past one year plus. I am also a corper like you and also plan to reinvest ...It pays 10 percent of your investment per month. If you feel it is not too small and wish to know about it...Pm me. It is a risk I took and I am happy I made that decision.
better run out from d investment, if it's ponzi
Re: I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee by caruzo(m): 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
Since I think you derive pleasure in teaching. Start your own home lesson or jamb waec etc tutorial house and employ people and make more money.come thank me later

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Corper Somtochukwu Okonkwo Uses 5 Months Allowance To Develop Ogun Village / Corpers Pay ‘Thank You’ Visit To Buhari Over N33,000 NYSC Allowance (Photos) / Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.