Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Goodbye Java! - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Goodbye Java! (4290 Views)

Goodbye To Fahim / Black Berry Messenger (BBM) Says Goodbye! / What Browser Should I Use? Say Goodbye To Tracking And Say HI! To Privacy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodbye Java! by segbolon: 3:37am On Aug 17, 2017
I love this discussion. If you are truly passionate about programming, I'm hiring. You can work remote, your own time, your own pace. I personal hate java, but I believe it's a fine language for enterprise programming and programming at large.
Re: Goodbye Java! by Geesanni: 11:29am On Aug 24, 2017
pls email me ur -email at gee.koko@yahoo.com.au,i wud like to share a java project with u
DevDenky:
You just succeeded in explaining how unique Java is, and how it stands out from other languages. You succeeded In making me love Java more.
Re: Goodbye Java! by agwaisrael(m): 11:33am On Aug 28, 2017
Okkk. I couldn't read through all comments, because I was pissed.

Kotlin is basically java. Kotlin is an. Interface for java. Java is more than a language, Kotlin is a language.

Java birthed most of the languages you know and some still compile to run on java virtual machine.

It's like saying assembly language is dead or binary is Dead or even, that C/C++ are dead.

I only support kotlin because it excels over python and it's away from oracle.

People leave open source software when an annoying company acquires it.

That's why MariaDB, Cassandra are receiving more attention than MySQL, which was acquired by oracle.

Java is strong and stable.

SIDENOTE:
Actually people are now focused on getting the job done and not being tied to "language barriers". Technologically forward establishments adopt only the best technology for them. I read somewhere that facebook uses an array of languages ;C, Python, Java, Js, Php.

Due to increasing interest in blockchain technology, firms want as much hands on deck, no restriction...but I most ATMs use Windows XP.

My point being, "IF IT'S BEST FOR THE JOB, USE ITT"

2 Likes

Re: Goodbye Java! by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2017
roadsta:

'javascript simple'?... How do you mean sir?
Lol.
Re: Goodbye Java! by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 28, 2017
SilverG33k:
I may not fully understand all those big terminologies but with the little android apps I made with java, it made me love java as a language.
Note: I have seen php, python(don't even like it at all), and javascript. The fact that javascript is even too simple makes me not to like it... IMO, java is bae
Javascript is not simple my bro. It does depend on what you do with it.
Re: Goodbye Java! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 27, 2020
pcguru1:

1. When you say .Net you mean core or normal .NET, because Core doesn't have a lot of its modules ported and also .NET is quite expensive for a company compared to Java, Google abandoning Java might have more to do with the legal issue with Oracle, well C++ is still around and in use , The Gaming industry is one that rides heavily on C++, am not here to battle language wars, but am telling you a lot of companies in Nigeria use Java and also outside Nigeria, .NET is good but its expensive especially the licenses.

This statement is no longer valid. .NET now is open source
Re: Goodbye Java! by spoilerx: 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2020
pcguru1:

Kotlin killed Java what a joke how many Kotlin adopters are there even do you know many solutions are built on Java. Come with facts you think enterprise companies will wake up and decide to switch to Kotlin. Kotlin is not bad but its going to be a while. Most Java users are Enterprise and trust me it will be a while , Enterprise solutions don't just jump language anyhow still some running legacy languages.

Kotlin runs on same JVM , also runs along side Java .

it can easily replace java , besides kotlin is so much easier to use.
Re: Goodbye Java! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2020
spoilerx:

Kotlin runs on same JVM , also runs along side Java .

it can easily replace java , besides kotlin is so much easier to use.

Forgive the misguided statement Kotlin is mad

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Java! by tollyboy5(m): 1:55am On Jan 28, 2020
larisoft:
Thanks guys! This is what i was hoping for! For the gurus to come out and share what they think. All in all, i think java is getting far less popular than it used to be. Its only a matter of time and it will be where c++ is today; FOR SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES ONLY!
calm down many nigeria companies still uses java with the java mvc, do you think those language are not developing along side with with technology. c/c++ programmers are still in town creating complex games and once you could write game engine with c what will not make you utilize it for other uses?
ive not even try to go through most of the advance features now present in c++ , yet i still use c programs to do alot of shit a normal programing language could not do on embedded system. grin only give reason why people should learn some other languages instead of saying one is gone extinct
Re: Goodbye Java! by IceColdVeins(m): 1:09pm On Jan 28, 2020
Lol...You obviously work outside the shores of this country

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best C/C++ Compiler? / I Need Help On C / Need Programmers Help Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.