Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

AFRIMA Releases Nominees Ahead Of November Awards - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / AFRIMA Releases Nominees Ahead Of November Awards (3404 Views)

AFRIMA Withdraws Hosting Rights From Ghana / Complete List Of The Oscars 2019 Nominees / Ambode Visited By AFRIMA And Africa Union Delegates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFRIMA Releases Nominees Ahead Of November Awards by randieboy: 8:20am On Aug 10, 2017

This they will do alongside Falz – Nigeria; Serge Beynaud – Ivory Coast; Mr. Eazi – Nigeria; Toofan – Togo; Moh Dediouf – Senegal; Stonebwoy – Ghana; Tekno – Nigeria and Kedejevara DJ – Ivory Coast.

Announcing the nominees, Mr. Chris Cyren, the juror from Southern Africa said 4,816 entries from African music professionals and music artistes were received at the close of a two-month entry submission window on July 17, this year.

He described the nominations process as rigorous and thorough, as he emphasized on the Jury’s resolve to be fair and transparent in line with the AFRIMA values of FACEIT (fairness, authenticity, creativity, excellence, integrity, transparency).

The nominees were picked based on production quality, talent and creativity, melody, originality and authenticity, composition and arrangement as against the number of views from any online video platform.

Here are the other categories and nominees:

Best Female West Africa

Tiwa Savage – Nigeria
Yemi Alade – Nigeria
Efya – Ghana
Adiouza – Senegal
Becca – Ghana
Josey – Ivory Coast
Mz Vee – Ghana
Simi – Nigeria
Almok – Togo

Best Gospel

Frank Edwards – Nigeria

Uche Agu – Nigeria
Willy Paul – Kenya
SP Koffi Sarpong – Ghana
Icha Kavons – Congo
Ntokozo Mbambo – South Africa
Nathaniel Bassey – Nigeria
Sonnie Badu – Ghana

Artist of The Year

Flavour – Nigeria

Diamond Platnumz – Tanzania
Fally Ipupa – Congo
Wizkid – Nigeria
Cassper Nyovest – South Africa
Davido – Nigeria
Eddy Kenzo – Uganda
Tekno – Nigeria
Mr Eazi – Nigeria
C4 Pedro – Angola

Best African Dancer

Kaffy Dancequeen – Nigeria

Korra Obidi – Nigeria
Nabile Danser – South Africa
Sherrie Silver – Rwanda
La Petite Zota – Ivory Coast
Manuel Canza Laurenzo – Angola
Moses Iyobo – Tanzania
Brenda Derry – Cameroon
Ghetto Triplet Kids – Uganda
Eddy Wizzy Dances – Uganda

Best Collaboration

Wizkid ft Chris Brown – African Bad Girl (Nigeria/USA)

Diamond Platnumz ft Ne-Yo – Marry You (Tanzania/USA
Babe Wodumo ft Mampinsta – Wololo (South Africa)
Ycee ft Maleek Berry – Juice (Nigeria)
Runtown ft Sarkodie – Painkiller (Nigeria/Ghana
Davido ft Nasty C – Coolest Kid in Africa (Nigeria/South Africa)
Edy Kenzo ft Alaine – Addicted (Uganda/Jamaica)
C4 Pedro ft Sautisol – Love again (Angola/Kenya)
Darasa ft Ben Pol – Muziki (Tanzania)
Fally Ipupa ft Booba – Kinane (Congo)

Spot Davido and Wizkid pitched against each other in almost all the categories that they both appear in?

Maybe they will finally come to the agreement that they are both doing really great career wise and there’s no need for all the bitching around?

Or maybe not.

Check out the full lists of nominees here.

Source: http://amore.ng/afrima-releases-nominees-ahead-of-november-awards/

1 Like

Re: AFRIMA Releases Nominees Ahead Of November Awards by internationalman(m): 8:48am On Aug 10, 2017
artiste of the year should go to Davido.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFRIMA Releases Nominees Ahead Of November Awards by neyeocha: 11:28am On Aug 19, 2017
http://nucmoney.club/286314343710/

dats d site paying now , but for lazy people oooo, you must work

please I need the swift code and IBAN for GTBank ...please i need it Asap

http://nucmoney.club/286314343710/

also my first payout of $150 is for sale, I have already transfered it to my bitcoin wallets, but don't know how to cash it in naira ........ .... please I need serious people (i accept face to face transactions only).
Re: AFRIMA Releases Nominees Ahead Of November Awards by kodedfilms: 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
Hi there...Do you need a Single or Double Mega Stage Thrust Set up with Lighting and Full sound System for your Events; Mega Concerts,Mega Jamz,Mega Shows, Praise Jamz,AGMs,Wedding,Birthday Bash,Launching,commemoration, etc. ...Reach us on 08138826400 and let's make it happen...

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest Woman After Having Sex With Her Dog / Is This America’s Best Looking Couple? They Think So! / PASTOR Warn Dbanj About Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.