Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Nigerian Movies In High Definition - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Movies In High Definition (2595 Views)

Free Nigerian Movies: Leave onlinenigeria.com alone / Best Nigerian Movies / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Movies In High Definition by Cactus(m): 5:43am On Feb 10, 2007
Thinking about this, when will alleged movies producers be making their movies available in HIGH DEFINITION in nigeria? Taking into consideration that the predominant format in nigeria now is VCD, DVD is yet to gain a foothold (if i am wrong someone please correct me).

How many years estimated will it take to see high definition content be it movies or tv broadcast produced in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by hotangel2(f): 8:39am On Feb 10, 2007
"the bridesmaid" was on DVD and it was an amazing picture. besides the movie is a pretty good one too.

Moderator says, "but that's not HD. The topic is about HD".
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by texazzpete(m): 4:05am On Feb 12, 2007
Hi-definition nowadays usually means HD content at 720p, 1080i and 1080p. These advanced resolutions are currently in the realm of Blu-ray and HD-DVD, not plain ol' DVD, As fs as i know. And there i was thinking Blu-Ray DVDs were coming to naija and i'd have one more reason for not smashing my ps3[/sub] grin
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by Cactus(m): 5:20am On Feb 12, 2007
Um i don't understand why is the topic misleading.

do u really know the technology behind high definition before just randomly posting resolutions stuff.

720p = progressive
1080i = interlaced or non-progressive

pretty much how often the pixels on the screen are refreshed and by which methods is used to refresh etc bla bla

texazzpete:

These advanced resolutions are currently in the realm of Blu-ray and HD-DVD, not plain ol' DVD,

well as far as u know just ot add to your knowledge, there are television stations broadcasting in HD, HD content is not limited to HD-DVD or Bluray, there are innumerable number of applications of HD technology.

720p = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/720p
1080i = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080i
1080p = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by texazzpete(m): 8:34am On Feb 12, 2007
I've got a HD-ready LCD and i have two HD game consoles (xbox 360 and ps3). also i've watched sky HD while i was in the UK.

DSTV says HD broadcast could start in 2008. Can't remember when last i watched naija TV anyway grin
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by mekoyo(m): 11:57am On Feb 12, 2007
i think it's high time we allow the producers and actors/actresses have a break.

Enough of the criticisms, Actually i dont like the Nigerian movie industry but i think they are coming up and i am begining to appreciate what my country people can give me.

Lets give a chance to continue the biuild up process. They started the VCD they will also start the DVD version.

Lets wait and see what they have to offer us.
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by kinzolic(m): 2:44pm On Feb 12, 2007
i go with u jare mekoyo,give them time nw
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by ucantseeme: 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2007
For Nigerian channels to broadcast HD channels would be waste of money for the time being. You would need HDTV to view them and their prices are not convenient at the moment.

With time they would get there its just even becoming popular in other parts of the world.
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by Cactus(m): 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2007
Nigerian Movies in high def, not Nigerian TV. Movies.

Knowing that there are different formats of HI-DEF. It doesnt really matter be it one format or another.
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by jbbaby(m): 5:28pm On Feb 12, 2007
All these will come wt time, i think nigeria movie industry is trying now n they would be better soon. PATIENCE please cheesy.
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by Creamish(f): 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2007
Naija filmakers always want the easy and cheapest way out, they r not in a hurry to improve on the standard on their films, It dosnt take dem long to produce a movie, if they can sell it in VCDz, y waste money in DVDz?
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by marhoatumu(m): 7:57pm On Feb 12, 2007
just imagine, what kind of content do Nigerian film makers want to put on a normal dvd, talk less of a hd or bluray dvd. the makings of our movies are not just intresting enough and there will most likely be no deleted scenes and othe such stuff. and on the issue of high def. tv, we shouldnt expect that any time soon unless some new tv stattion has enough money to buy the necessary equipment and broadcast. then the same thing that happened with per second billing will happen with the other stations
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by Seun(m): 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2007
High definition in Nigeria is at least 20 years away. Nigerian consumers just want good stories for now, VCD or not.
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by funmise(f): 9:41pm On Feb 12, 2007
yeah grin dats right cheesy
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by Cactus(m): 11:42pm On Feb 12, 2007
If there are Hi-def movies on in nigeria am pretty much certain that pirates will put them back on to vcds.

Really producing in Hi-Def is not expensive. Definitely just a camcorder in Hi-Def will absolutely do a better job than the cameras used to film the movie scenes.

Well obviously put it on their respective format maybe challenging. but as internet penetrates into more homes and hopefully better quality and reliable connections, Nollywood can pretty much come out with an itunes version for movies. then hopefully it will be cheaper than vcds. regardless people wills till download and sell.
Re: Nigerian Movies In High Definition by Seun(m): 11:53pm On Feb 12, 2007
If the VCD is not sold, the movie producers won't make any money, so please don't be anti-business.
Releasing a movie in high definition (HD-DVD, Blu Ray) doesn't mean you can't release on DVD and VCD also.
You can release VCD, DVD and HD-DVD concurrently and allow Nigerians to choose the one they prefer.

(1) (Reply)

The Expendables 3 Disscusion Thread / SCORPION Fans ..... Come In Let's Talk / Heroes Reborn(season 5) Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.