Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? (23437 Views)

Manchester United Vs FC Copenhagen : Europa League (1- 0) On 10th August 2020 / FC Porto Vs Liverpool: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 4) On 17th April 2019 / Lionel Messi Signs New 4-Year Deal With FC Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by victor8269: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2017
nedu2000:
Let them try chelsea's resolve as it relates to eden hazard,i think chelsea will sell
Chelsea would sell very readily but only for €223million. We need Neymar's money sharply
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by theNOISEmaker: 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They'd be unlucky till they ship off that Midget who keeps hiding under the cover of other players and still steals their shine.
hahahaha badmouth
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

What Barcelona needs truly is a good midfielder, that's the only position we are truly lacking. Iniesta is old and slower, Messi abandons his attacking role just to drop deep in the midfield to create.

Do you know why we would miss neynar? its because he is always the one who runs at the defence trying to carve open a space. A role messi usually does when neynar hadn't come, if we can get someone like that, coutinho being my choice to play such role of creating spaces, we are good to go.

Sergio Roberto cannot fill that spot, atleast not now. I am counting on Rakitic to take on the attacking role like he did for Sevilla if we don't get someone to support iniesta.

Our wingers are decent enough, even Paco alcacer started to show his versatility at the flanks towards the end of the season. What we need now is that Midfield class and countinho or verrati would fill that spot perfectly!!!
I respectfully disagree.

We need a left winger and a controlling midfielder.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by jamislaw(m): 1:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nakairogold:
Barca should go for lingard in man U. He has tried for us. Let him try his luck in laliga, I have this feeling he will be better than Neymar.

Feel free to attack.
You are a good football analyst am a barca fan but I watch Manchester united game because of this guy lingard it is unfortunate that Mourio don't like him much.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Promismike(m): 1:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
azpekuliar:

There is no first team quality talent in La Masia currently. The pipeline is currently blocked grin Every team (club or national) always go through a cycle where several talented players emerge to form the spine of the team. As they age, they have to be replaced either with first team-quality academy products or bought. The latter is the only option available to Barcelona now.
bro there are first team quality talents in any club's academy. All these talents need is just a couch having confidence in them and giving them playing time to boost their confidence and help then become better. Guardiola who enjoyed such privilege as a product of la masia understood such process. And That was why he gave such confidence and playing time to Iniesta, Xavi, messi etc which brought out the best in them. And when he left, the philosophy has almost not been practiced by his successors.

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Scailz(m): 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
rozayx5:
undecided

As a barca FAn we shud just forget this transfer market

And build the talent we have available and keep the money for future use

This current board is turning barca to man city . spending money anyhow and not developing home grown talent

Many clubs know we have 200m now

So let's avoid buying any player for now

avoid buying any player for now
look even before the unprecedented neymar transfer to PSG we really needed reinforcements especially in that midfield and now we also need a replacement for neymar as well. Coming off a poor campaign when our rivals are feeling funky....nah I humbly disagree, we need to buy
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by azpekuliar: 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
habax:
This is wrong. There is Carlos Alena coming up, good midfielder with a sweet left leg. Palencia, the captain of Barca B is a good right back in the Puyol mould, Marc Cucurella is being tipped to be the future left back, Rafa Mujica is a good striker, went on pre-season with the team last year, Vitinho was just bought from Palmeiras in Brazil, nice midfielder, There is also Inigo ruiz de galareta, ball playing midfielder who Valverde specifically asked for. There are still talents who are very good in the barca academy

Who of these is first team quality right now? cheesy If there is any, then maybe you're seeing what the directors can't see. I mean they might as well save the 222m euros from Neymar's transfer and throw these chaps right in the deep end.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by saintkeppy(m): 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
AceIDE:
lingard ke, I don't even know why mourinho like him
. Because he's 1 of the few English players available for selection in Man Utd Squad which is the basis for selection quota system policy of Engish FA.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by chukzyfcbb: 1:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
bykebyke:

I respectfully disagree.

We need a left winger and a controlling midfielder.
Its okay to disagree, if you watched the pre season games last season uptill the early matches of the season, you will know why cules were angry Munir left to Valencia and paco alcacer to come in.

Ascensio is about to replace bale and, Varane replaces pepe.
All these guys were boiz with potentials,
Munir is no different and turan has the experience!

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by chukzyfcbb: 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2017
Promismike:
bro there are first team quality talents in any club's academy. All these talents need is just a couch having confidence in them and giving them playing time to boost their confidence and help then become better. Guardiola who enjoyed such privilege as a product of la masia understood such process. And That was why he gave such confidence and playing time to Iniesta, Xavi, messi etc which brought out the best in them. And when he left, the philosophy has almost not been practiced by his successors.
abeg tell them, pochettino is implementing that at Tottenham, and we see how Kane and dele alli has become world stars all because the coach had faith in them.

We saw how Guardiola was preparing Bayern for the future by promoting the youngsters in the team, Kingsley coman or Douglas cousta, rafinha in place of lahm.

Manutd fans are happy about martial and rashford but they forget its because a coach had faith in these young boiz (Van gaal).

Enrique being a student of the barca philosophy didn't even implement it, I was expecting him to groom Rafinha to be the next big thing in the midfield same way he groomed him at celta da vigo.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by DaluChris(m): 2:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Fastest ever bid rejected
Barca bid €90.2m for coutinho@ 9:20pm Liverpool reject @9:22pm

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by azpekuliar: 2:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
Promismike:
bro there are first team quality talents in any club's academy. All these talents need is just a couch having confidence in them and giving them playing time to boost their confidence and help then become better. Guardiola who enjoyed such privilege as a product of la masia understood such process. And That was why he gave such confidence and playing time to[b] Iniesta, Xavi, messi[/b] etc which brought out the best in them. And when he left, the philosophy has almost not been practiced by his successors.

It has nothing to do with Guardiola or the particular manager in charge. It has and always been the club's philosophy to blood and promote it's academy's products, but with a caveat - they must be of the right quality to make the grade. Yes he managed team B, but he (Guardiola) had no hand in blooding any of those 3 players you mentioned into the first team, that credit goes to Frank Rjikaard. The only youth players Guardiola can take credit for for blooding into the first team after his appointment, are the likes of Busquets and Pedro.

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by smartnero24(m): 2:26pm On Aug 11, 2017
First mistake is the meagre €222m release clause in Neymar's contract which they thought no one could pay. In today's over priced market anything is possible.
Second mistake is thinking there's no way Neymar would leave a team of Barca's status to join PSG. Whereas Neymar had other ideas. Simply tired of playing second fiddle to Messi who has no plans to retire anytime soon.
Third is not planning for the worst. It took PSG almost a month to complete the Neymar transfer, what were the Barca board thinking all this while. Probably thought they'd bully the likes of Liverpool and Dortmund into parting company with their better players.
The current Barca board is probably the worst in a decade and I expect an upheaval soon. The LA Masia is nothing to write home about, the first team is clearly lacking quality in key areas. Iniesta, Messi n Suarez are well over 30 yet no rebuilding in sight. Then they embark on a scatter gun approach to replace Neymar trying to unsettle players from other teams which is clearly not the Barcelona way.
After peak comes decline as someone already said here, its a natural law.

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Iamsammy(m): 2:29pm On Aug 11, 2017
richidinho:
Pls Barcelona come and take our fellaini
bros u well? Wich ur fellaini? Bros abeg stop am if say na play. Even our slowpoke Ashley young w nor dey sell for barca
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Akin1212(m): 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2017
Barca will definitely regret signing Coutinho even if he signs. The player goes on injury for vacation. We need a stronger player. He is currently on a back injury sef.

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by suso(m): 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
Coutinho has handed a transfer request LFC still rejected it
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by engrhorla(m): 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They'd be unlucky till they ship off that Midget who keeps hiding under the cover of other players and still steals their shine.

Confidence is essential in life! Be bold even when you are talking out of point!

You really need that!

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by gabrielniy(m): 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2017
Complacency
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 11, 2017
saintkeppy:
. Because he's 1 of the few English players available for selection in Man Utd Squad which is the basis for selection quota system policy of Engish FA.
okay no wonder... the way the guy gets minute ehn, usually surprises me bro... I feel manutd is beyond his level.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by xtervaganza(m): 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
I don't support Barcelona but they have Messi!

And if Messi returns to the middle he will be twice more effective than on the flanks
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by kunleben47(m): 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
Promismike:
Bacca has derailed. The bacca I knew had its backbone on La masia(its football academy). But today it relies much on already made players. Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Pique etc are the products of La mesia.

Bacca should go back to its basics

You are right...the Barca of those days do develop their own talents

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by dennisworld1(m): 3:41pm On Aug 11, 2017
they ewill surely get continho and dembele mark this comment grin grin
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by unikblaze(m): 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
rozayx5:
undecided

As a barca FAn we shud just forget this transfer market

And build the talent we have available and keep the money for future use

This current board is turning barca to man city . spending money anyhow and not developing home grown talent

Many clubs know we have 200m now

So let's avoid buying any player for now

you are right bro
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Elxandre(m): 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
GoingPlaces247:
Please People sweden or Canada, which is the best to work and immigrate to? I need answers from all nairalanders. Please show some love and care.
Create a thread in the travel section to get good insight and answers to your question.
You are just wasting valuable energy posting on unrelated threads.

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Soso990240(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2017
Thobiy:

You called them unlucky after selling Neymar for world record fee of €222 million, I will rather say they are not ready to spend is there problem and as you have rightly said greed they want good players at a low price which is not possible.
u dont know what u are saying. Barca table 90 million euro for Dembele and Dormund is saying not less than 150 million. Now tell me,who is trying to dupe who? Even Dembele don agree person terms. same with Coutinho. Bt their greed clubs needs something huge. Tell me again is Dembele worth more than 90 million euro?
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Soso990240(m): 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
Omotaday:
I am happy we are unlucky, they should go to the B team and pick players. I am happy for the recall of Deoluefo, they should recall Tello too.
Thank u bro. am still wondering why we sold Thiago Alcantara to bayern. It's because of dis same Neymar. Thiago left because of Neymar. Now Neymar don abandon us.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by saintkeppy(m): 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
AceIDE:
okay no wonder... the way the guy gets minute ehn, usually surprises me bro... I feel manutd is beyond his level.
Yeah, u suppose know Oga Mourinho, with his kind of players, he prefers strong, quality and technical players that can deliver irrespective of nationality. He's not Mourinho kindof player but He has no choice than to play him and other English players at his disposal to avoid criticism so it's left for them to step up their game week in week out.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Thobiy(m): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
Soso990240:
u dont know what u are saying. Barca table 90 million euro for Dembele and Dormund is saying not less than 150 million. Now tell me,who is trying to dupe who? Even Dembele don agree person terms. same with Coutinho. Bt their greed clubs needs something huge. Tell me again is Dembele worth more than 90 million euro?
Since dem don agree sell neymar for that fee so what stoping them from buying player from any other club at their asking price." SHEY DEM FORCE THEM TO COME AND BUY NI" NO TEAM WILL SELL THEIR PLAYER TO STRENGTHEN ANOTHER TEAM AT JUST ANY PRICE. That just it

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Soso990240(m): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
Its no brainer really. Barcelona has awful handling in the transfer market.
They always sell low and buy high.
From the buying of Andre Gomez to Douglas to Mathieu, Barcelona board are known for buying shitty players at prices way beyond their market value.

Also the timing of their buy is also too obvious and stupid. I remember when we were in need of a defender and we got vermalene and Mathieu. Can you beat such stupidity?

How about when we sold? Fabregas was given away at price of bread and some that had left.

I don't see Dembele as a super star that should near 100m, for what!!! A one season wonder?

We have
- Arda turan
- Munir
- Deulofeu
these are all potential wingers, with Turan being the most experienced.

we can make do with those ones before January transfer when some key players may force a move out of their clubs eg Sanchez

Simple, we need to trust in the players we got.
Arda turan and Munir were blazing at the start of the season when Neynar was at at the Olympics.

Who says they can't fill up the spot. Left for me, Demebele is no better than Arda turan! Because of neynar, every club now screams 100m for their player even when they don't worth it.

Does demebele worth 100m? rubbish!!!
Can u imagin what trash some people are saying? dat Barca want the best players but dont wan to spend money. How Much did Barca sell Fabregas to Chelsea? How Much did they sell Thiago Alcantara to bayern? Is Dembele better than Alcantara?
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Soso990240(m): 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
azpekuliar:

It has nothing to do with Guardiola or the particular manager in charge. It has and always been the club's philosophy to blood and promote it's academy's products, but with a caveat - they must be of the right quality to make the grade. Yes he managed team B, but he (Guardiola) had no hand in blooding any of those 3 players you mentioned into the first team, that credit goes to Frank Rjikaard. The only youth players Guardiola can take credit for for blooding into the first team after his appointment, are the likes of Busquets and Pedro.
What are u saying? Pep had to sell Ronaldinho and Deco just to give Messi and Xavi more playing time. Had it been Ronaldinho and Deco were still in f team, Who Messi and Xavi wan bench?

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by azpekuliar: 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2017
Soso990240:
What are u saying? Pep had to sell Ronaldinho and Deco just to give Messi and Xavi more playing time. Had it been Ronaldinho and Deco were still in f team, Who Messi and Xavi wan bench?

In Rijkaard's last season as manager, Messi had already made the right wing his own. Xavi was bossing the midfield with Iniesta and Yaya Toure already. Matter of fact, Xavi was already vice-captain.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Obdk: 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
Guilderland1:
My father said Arsenal will be the first club to build church in Nigeria. grin[color=#006600][/color]
He saw the video sorry vision yesterday night

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Atalanta :UCL (0 - 2) On 25th November 2020 / Newcastle United Vs Manchester United (2 - 0) On 2nd April 2023 / Stoke City Vs Manchester United On (2 - 0) On 26th December 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.