Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,565 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? (515 Views)

Brethren Order To Get Prophet Tb Joshua Morning Water & Visit Scoan Church Here / The Characteristics Of A Perfect Church Of God. / Sunday Feb 5 Protest - For Those Who Must Be In Church, Here Is Your Own Task (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by adeiza4u(m): 8:36am On Aug 13, 2017
Happy Sunday Brethren. I recently discovered, that churches I thought are perfect still have some sinners among them; even the most conservative churches still have some persons who are swimming in sins despite the preaching of the sound word of God and biblical doctrines. So I humbly ask, can we have a complete, saintly, and perfect church on earth? Thanks.
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by Josephjnr(m): 8:38am On Aug 13, 2017
"Nothing in this world is impossible, when heart and mind are put towards it." Spartacus.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by hopefulLandlord: 8:38am On Aug 13, 2017
bBzb
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by adeiza4u(m): 8:39am On Aug 13, 2017
Special greetings to OAM4J
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by Jetjacky(m): 8:42am On Aug 13, 2017
adeiza4u:
Happy Sunday Brethren. I recently discovered, that churches I thought are perfect still have some sinners among them; even the most conservative churches still have some persons who are swimming in sins despite the preaching of the sound word of God and biblical doctrines. So I humbly ask, can we have a complete, saintly, and perfect church on earth? Thanks.
like the first commenter said; nothing is impossible. But it's rare. No matter how in good time à church is with God, there will be those who would abuse the grace of God.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by FunspoT(m): 8:48am On Aug 13, 2017
It is not possible as there will always be those in need of salvation coming to church every time.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by orisa37: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2017
God judges all His Creations.
And all Churches, Gatherings and Mosques are acceptable to Him.
He orders all actions, interactions and movements of all His Creations.
By His Commandments, He classifies all into Righteous and Wicked(Selfish) ways.
He watches over all Righteous ways and ensures that all wicked, selfish ways are perished.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by adeiza4u(m): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2017
Jetjacky:
like the first commenter said; nothing is impossible. But it's rare. No matter how in good time à church is with God, there will be those who would abuse the grace of God.
Yes! invariably it is possibe just as he said, but the posibility of having such a church is very rare. My earnest prayer is that we would not be part of those who constitute unrighteousness in His holy church.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by An2elect2(f): 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
You guys only remember God on Sunday.
People would just come and be asking one kind questions
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by Kobojunkie: 1:12am On Mar 08
adeiza4u:
Religion is a system designed by men with which to scam their fellow men and women with. There is nothing holy/perfect that can come from that which is antiChrist from its very foundation. Light cannot emanate from that which is darkness in its origin and intentions. So, you waste your time searching for the God of Israel(and His Son, Jesus Christ) from such. undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by adeiza4u(m): 7:07am On Mar 08
Kobojunkie:
Religion is a system designed by men with which to scam their fellow men and women with. There is nothing holy/perfect that can come from that which is antiChrist from its very foundation. Light cannot emanate from that which is darkness in its origin and intentions. So, you waste your time searching for the God of Israel(and His Son, Jesus Christ) from such. undecided
I agree with you in a sense. But I don't believe all churches are antichrist. My church isn't perfect, granted, but it's not an antichrist.
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by Kobojunkie: 8:11am On Mar 08
adeiza4u:
I agree with you in a sense. But I don't believe all churches are antichrist. My church isn't perfect, granted, but it's not an antichrist.
Lol... But God's requirement is perfection/holiness and nothing less. He destroyed the Nation of Israel(circa 720Bc) and then the Nation of Judah(around 70AD) because the people did not meet up with this requirement of His. So of what value is this your imperfect church to a God who said it is Holiness/perfection and nothing else? What do you gain from wasting your time and life in unholiness that way? undecided

P.S. if God destroyed His own chosen nation of Israel for that reason, what makes you think your church is acceptable to Him? He does not change His mind, remember. undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by Kobojunkie: 8:25am On Mar 08
adeiza4u:
■ Yes! invariably it is possibe just as he said, but the posibility of having such a church is very rare. My earnest prayer is that we would not be part of those who constitute unrighteousness in His holy church.
Religion is Antichrist since God of Israel disavowed His former shepherds - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 31 - and Jesus Christ distanced Himself from religious leaders, their doctrines and traditions beginning with those of His time, warning that they were all liars and deceivers, false prophets and false teachers - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 10 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. Jesus Christ never changed His mind regarding that; He declared that He alone is the good Shepherd--- all other Shepherds are bad. So, how can that which is of darkness breed light? How can that which is against Holiness breed that which is of holiness? undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by adeiza4u(m): 10:19am On Mar 08
Kobojunkie:
Religion is Antichrist since God of Israel disavowed His former shepherds - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 31 - and Jesus Christ distanced Himself from religious leaders, their doctrines and traditions beginning with those of His time, warning that they were all liars and deceivers, false prophets and false teachers - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 10 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. Jesus Christ never changed His mind regarding that; He declared that He alone is the good Shepherd--- all other Shepherds are bad. So, how can that which is of darkness breed light? How can that which is against Holiness breed that which is of holiness? undecided
So, are you suggesting the early churches in Acts of Apostles are antichrist?
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Mar 08
adeiza4u:
So, are you suggesting the early churches in Acts of Apostles are antichrist?
Your churches today have absolutely nothing to do with the early churches written of in the Book of Acts and you know this to be true. The fact that all of the good works that were done back then are nonexistent in what you have as a church today more than covers for that. So, start by being honest with yourself there. What you have is instead a product that is a result of attempts by greedy men to hijack the movement and make it their own, an attempt made official by Rome and branded for all. The original was never that way or for that purpose. undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by adeiza4u(m): 3:19pm On Mar 08
Kobojunkie:
Your churches today have absolutely nothing to do with the early churches written of in the Book of Acts and you know this to be true. The fact that all of the good works that were done back then are nonexistent in what you have as a church today more than covers for that. So, start by being honest with yourself there. What you have is instead a product that is a result of attempts by greedy men to hijack the movement and make it their own, an attempt made official by Rome and branded for all. The original was never that way or for that purpose. undecided
You're just making empty conclusions without fact. What proofs do you have that the then churches are totally different from today's?
You keep shifting grounds and committing error of over-generalization. Your initial stands portend churches are entirely antichrist entity and then you went on to agree the then churches were okay, but today's churches are man made religious bodies to deceive people.
What are your inferences and facts to arrive at this?
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Mar 08
adeiza4u:
You're just making empty conclusions without fact. What proofs do you have that the then churches are totally different from today's?
You keep shifting grounds and committing error of over-generalization. Your initial stands portend churches are entirely antichrist entity and then you went on to agree the then churches were okay, but today's churches are man made religious bodies to deceive people.
■ What are your inferences and facts to arrive at this?
What are these errors of overgeneralization you accuse me of? Please be specific. undecided

2. Simple! Your churches today DO NO infact follow the teachings of Jesus Christ but hybrid ideas created by those outside of Jesus Christ for running religious houses aka businesses. undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by adeiza4u(m): 3:24pm On Mar 08
Kobojunkie:
The good works done then are nonexistent in all churches today, how did you arrive at this conclusion? I guess you've attended all the churches in the whole world to know
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by adeiza4u(m): 3:27pm On Mar 08
Kobojunkie:
What are these errors of overgeneralization you accuse me of? Please be specific. undecided

2. Simple! Your churches today DO NO infact follow the teachings of Jesus Christ but hybrid ideas created by those outside of Jesus Christ for running religious houses aka businesses. undecided
Give verifiable examples. Do you mean ALL churches in the whole world don't follow Christ doctrine?
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Mar 08
adeiza4u:
■ The good works done then are nonexistent in all churches today, how did you arrive at this conclusion? I guess you've attended all the churches in the whole world to know
So, in your church not only do all of the believers exhibit all of the signs indicated by Jesus Christ in Mark 16 vs 16 - 19 but they, all of the times, go around doing good with them yet no one in the world knows of it? Everyone in your church busies themselves doing all 6 works commanded by Jesus Christ in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 yet the world is blind to this -- they are able to hide the light of God in them under a bed? undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Mar 08
adeiza4u:
■ Give verifiable examples. Do you mean ALL churches in the whole world don't follow Christ doctrine?
Given that All your churches are under the rule of religion which of anti-Christ in its very nature, it is impossible for them to do that which is of Jesus Christ.
● Consider the simple commandments such as praying always in secret and in hiding, how many of you do that?
● Consider the fact that Jesus Christ said He was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel, how many of you believe that? undecided
● Jesus Christ said in His Gospel that He does not want praise from humans, and He receives glory from God --- not from men. However, your churches instead seem to teach that praising Jesus Christ is the way to receive from Him, and that you give Him glory through your many rituals. All of these are acts that contravene that spoken by Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by adeiza4u(m): 4:47pm On Mar 08
Kobojunkie:
Given that All your churches are under the rule of religion which of anti-Christ in its very nature, it is impossible for them to do that which is of Jesus Christ.
● Consider the simple commandments such as praying always in secret and in hiding, how many of you do that?
● Consider the fact that Jesus Christ said He was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel, how many of you believe that? undecided
● Jesus Christ said in His Gospel that He does not want praise from humans, and He receives glory from God --- not from men. However, your churches instead seem to teach that praising Jesus Christ is the way to receive from Him, and that you give Him glory through your many rituals. All of these are acts that contravene that spoken by Jesus Christ. undecided
I can now clearly see the perspective from which you're arguing from. Summarily, you're quite naive and know next to nothing about this topic simply because you're not a believer. It's the sole reason you keep making general and too empty assumptions/conclusions. My advice? Stop dabbling into what you know nothing about. Your inquisitiveness should propel you to know the truth as a person, not picking Bible verses in isolation and in total departure from context to argue blindly.
FYI, Jesus Christ is the ONLY savior of the world sent by God to save humanity including you. You'll do well to read more about this starting with this popular scripture, John 3:16.
Jesus loves you, turn to him so you can understand deep things of God otherwise they'll be foolishness to you.

And please know that there's a clear difference between Christianity and religion. I believe totally in the former and detest the latter.
PS: I would love to discontinue this topic with you, because I lack the courage to endure empty submissions.
God bless you brother.
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Mar 08
adeiza4u:
■ I can now clearly see the perspective from which you're arguing from. Summarily, you're quite naive and know next to nothing about this topic simply because you're not a believer. It's the sole reason you keep making general and too empty assumptions/conclusions. My advice? Stop dabbling into what you know nothing about. Your inquisitiveness should propel you to know the truth as a person, not picking Bible verses in isolation and in total departure from context to argue blindly.
FYI, Jesus Christ is the ONLY savior of the world sent by God to save humanity including you. You'll do well to read more about this starting with this popular scripture, John 3:16.
Jesus loves you, turn to him so you can understand deep things of God otherwise they'll be foolishness to you.
And please know that there's a clear difference between Christianity and religion. I believe totally in the former and detest the latter. PS: I would love to discontinue this topic with you, because I lack the courage to endure empty submissions.
God bless you brother.
1. While in the desert, God sent snakes to kill the Israelites for complaining. And then God told Moses to lift a bronze snake proclaiming that those of the people of Israel— no mention of the foreigners who lived among them in the entire tale— bitten by the snakes(condemned to die) who would choose to look up at the bronze statue would be saved from death(condemnation of death), a sentence inflicted on them by God Himself.
4 The Israelites left Mount Hor and traveled on the road that goes to the Red Sea. They did this to go around the country of Edom. But the people became impatient.
5 They began complaining against God and Moses. The people said, “Why did you bring us out of Egypt? We will die here in the desert! There is no bread and no water! And we hate this terrible food!”
6 So the Lord sent poisonous snakes among the people. The snakes bit the people, and many of the Israelites died.
7 The people came to Moses and said, “We know that we sinned when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Pray to the Lord. Ask him to take away these snakes.” So Moses prayed for them.
8 The Lord said to Moses, “Make a bronze snake and put it on a pole. If anyone is bitten by a snake, that person should look at the bronze snake on the pole. Then that person will not die.”
9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it on a pole. Then when a snake bit anyone, that person looked at the bronze snake on the pole and lived. - Numbers 21 vs 4 - 9
Moses lifted the bronze snake, and those who looked at it lived. undecided

Jesus Christ told you in His Gospel that in much the same way that Moses lifted the snake in the desert for the people of Israel so also He too would be raised as a beacon for those among them — the people of Israel — who wished to live after they had been condemned to die by God of Israel - Deuteronomy 28.
14 “Moses lifted up the snake in the desert. It is the same with the Son of Man. He must be lifted too.
15 Then everyone who believes in him can have eternal life.”
16 Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him would not be lost but have eternal life.
17 God sent his Son into the world. He did not send him to judge the world guilty but to save the world through him. - John 3 vs 14-16
God is responsible for condemning the Israelites to perish in the grave — lost. And He, God then also sent Jesus Christ to save the same people... Israel... after condemning them to die. Same as He did with the serpent back in the desert. undecided

So, in essence, The World that Jesus Christ was sent to is the same world that consists of those condemned of Israel aka the Lost sheep of Israel. Just as Jesus Christ made clear in Matthew 15 vs 21 - 28. And this is the same message delivered to the people through the prophets such as Isaiah, Jeremiah, Zechariah, Joel, Ezekiel, etc. who made known that the New Agreement which God made was with the House of Jacob. Are you certain that I am the naive one here for trying to cause you to see how what your churches do differs completely from that which is Jesus Christ and His original Church in the Book of Acts did? undecided

2. The only difference you see exists in your mind and nowhere else. Christianity is no different from all the other religions out there including its predecessor, Judaism, which the God of Israel disavowed and Jesus Christ railed against during His time. This idea you have of Christianity being different from all the others is instead a lie planted in your mind by your religious leaders who manipulate you with their many lies, the same as the leaders in other religions do to their gullible members. All religions are merely tools used by men to deceive and use their fellow men with. undecided

P.S. I am not your brother - Matthew 12 vs 43 - 50.
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Saintly And Perfect Church Here On Earth? by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Mar 19
Jetjacky:
Wow! The way you folks get God tangled up in even the filthy mess of men never ceases to amaze!

(1) (Reply)

Important Message To The Young Ones / The Concept Of God And Hell / Why Are We Not Of The World? And Yet We Live Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.