Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) (15175 Views)

Timmy K Macnicol: I Dream About RMD Richard Mofe-Damijo / Linda Ikeji Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Photos) / #BBNaija: Efe Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by 36governors: 11:18am On Aug 13, 2017
Share the the Popular Female Photographer and Singer , Ty Bello with Caption .. Read below.

SHARON OKPOE and RICHARD MOFE DAMIJO: My portraits of our amazingly handsome @mofedamijo are out for the cover of today's @thisdaystyle . He was interviewed by @duchesskaykayand styled by @gypsyelvis .

The first thought I had about his portraits was water.. and school.. and then Makoko .. I killed the idea thinking it was way too random opting for a sleeker shoot at a friends house with a water front .. I was going to borrow a seriously lit boat and make some really smooth images . 
Until my friend @msabisoye Invited me for the launch of her new space for @pearlsafrica and Girlscoding where she and her team teach young girls from underserved communities how to write codes ..

This was where I saw Sharon .. this young girl with an amazing smile that came forward and made a beautiful presentation ..standing confidently right in front of Mrs Oby Ezekwesili. 

Sharon lives in Makoko a fishing community built on the Lagos lagoon. She spoke about trying to solve the problem of food insecurity by building a website using the knowledge from GirlsCoding, for fishermen to display their goods so people outside the community could buy. She also spoke about using technology to help solve child malnutrition.She was beautiful to watch and the first words that came to mind was.. this girl is a star . I was shooting Rmd the next day and I switched to my initial idea to shoot in Makoko. I had to find an excuse to photograph her.I called my friend @otto_orondaam founder@slum2school knowing he Had very strong presence in the Makoko community .. he hooked me up with the necessary contacts within a couple of hours 

Coincidentally ,Sharon was also a beneficiary @slum2school 
It was a joy to watch Richard Mofe Damijo share the lime lite with this beautiful star from Makoko . .. another big coincidence was that 80% of the movie he was producing next was going to be shot in that same space.I concluded this was no coincidence at all ..Providence had brought it all together .. When I asked RMD if he was a good swimmer as he would not have a life jacket on the canoe..he replied ' No be Warri boy I be .. ?Na inside water dem take born me '.. #tybellophotography#thisdaystyle

Caption by ThisDay Style Magazine ..

Twice as nice
Repost from @mofedamijo 
Mama we made it.... Many many years ago after I had passed my higher school certificate examination, Mama Rich asked me what I was going to study at the university I said theatre arts. I could tell she wasn't happy at all. That didn't sound like the LAWYER her cousin had suggested I should become. Tears in her eyes she kept begging me to study law.

I knew she couldn't argue the case any further not because she was illiterate but the fact that as her only child she had also come to trust me a little bit. Also my stubbornness or resolve won't allow me shift grounds. She knows her Eyimofe. She also knew her tears moved me. So, very slowly I took her hands held them tight and looked into her eyes and assured her not to worry that I will be ok. We will be ok. That she will be "seeing me on television". This was 1980. At this time I wasn't sure how many Warri boys had "made it to television" let alone me the skinny boy from Welfare Road. 

Thankfully she didn't have to wait too long. 2 years later I got my first tv role... Emeka. The play Wrath of the Gods was an instant hit and winner of many awards. It wasn't just my victory, it was hers as well. Her son had done well, not as a lawyer but an actor. After all how many lawyers made it "to television" at that time in Warri or Nigeria as a whole and none of her friends children had been on television, so there she earned her first bragging rights. Her son was famous, lawyer or not. 

She went to her grave happy. Years later I would also become the LAWYER she so wanted me to be. Unfortunately she didn't see me wear the wig and take photos with me. Not to worry, she went to heaven not only as Mama Rich but Mama Emeka, the other name her son was called as an actor in his first tv role. 

Here we are Mama Rich, 37 years later we have made it to the cover of Thisday Style twice now. Your Eyimofe is Actor, Lawyer and so much more. Thank you Mama Rich for all the sacrifices, Eyimofe loves you. Thank you @duchesskaykay and @thisdaystyle 
Photo: @tybello 
Style Direction: @ninacool22

Source : http://www.viviangist.com.ng/richard-mofe-damijo-covers-thisday-magazine-with-new-pictures

Cc; lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by daewoorazer(m): 11:22am On Aug 13, 2017
grin
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by 36governors: 11:23am On Aug 13, 2017

Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by thesicilian: 11:32am On Aug 13, 2017
Fine wine gets better with age.

6 Likes

Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by opeyemiieblog(m): 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2017
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by daeujo: 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
He looks great wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by NCANTaskForce: 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
My role model
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
Mofe can i be your baby mama? grin

3 Likes

Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by Rotjijatau(m): 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
Him resemble afonja dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by Zizicardo(f): 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
Cool cool
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by Guruboi(m): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
This old man self... He looks good tho!! wink

1 Like

Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by dalass(f): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
RMD the same. Now a handsome gramps
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by Johnfavour(m): 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
Bald is Beautiful.
DILF
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
The little girl in d last picture.....I smell another Olajumoke !
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by EniHolar(f): 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2017
kiss
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by EniHolar(f): 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
treazure1:
The little girl in d last picture.....I smell another Olajumoke !

Change ur nose

3 Likes

Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
EniHolar:

Change ur nose

Any idea on how to get a better one?....or do you sell?

1 Like

Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by Mourin(f): 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
Fine wine
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by descrisom(m): 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ladies,your food is here
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
Mourin:
Fine wine
what brand?
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by walezon(m): 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
Slay granpa! Driving all these lil gurls crazy!
Prays I should be more handsome than this when am getting old
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by EniHolar(f): 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2017
treazure1:

Any idea on how to get a better one?....or do you sell?

Yes... Coman tek
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
EniHolar:

Yes... Coman tek
Fine gal

Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by sisisioge: 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2017
This dude is hot! I just love looking at him...well done o Aunty Jumobi wink
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by sisisioge: 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2017
Mourin:
Fine wine

Yeah, tasty timeless fine wine wink
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by Izygab(m): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2017
This man is quite good looking.
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by frenzydilz(m): 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2017
TY Bello is talented

1 Like

Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 13, 2017
EniHolar:

Yes... Coman tek
good! let me have yours......are u sure it will look good on me?
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by tpbehappy(m): 3:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
Fine man.
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by MrPresident1: 4:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
This Old ugly man sef. Him worwor over. I can't see the handsomeness as overhyped by Nairaland.
This Old cargo isn't anywere near average.
Re: RMD: Richard Mofe-Damijo Covers ThisDay Style Magazine (Pictures) by luminouz(m): 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2017
Prettythicksmi:
Mofe can i be your baby mama? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Davido: 2021 Is One Of My Worst Years Because I Lost Many People Close To Me / Bbnaija: ‘if I’m Voted Back, I Will Return’ – Grieving Leo Dasilva Tweets / Nigerian Artistes Endorsing Political Candidates: Consequences And Benefits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.