Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? (20328 Views)

Farmcrowdy To Crowdyvest / Is Ghw Truly The Owners Of Rocheep?? / Are U Tired Of Ponzi Schemes? Learn How To Truly Earn Millions Of Naira In Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by MathsChic(f): 11:42am On Aug 13, 2017
Hello All,

I'm sure some of you know about Farmcrowdy already. It's a digital agricultural platform where farm sponsors are able to purchase farms and reap rewards of up to 15% in 5-6months after gestation. Their website is www.farmcrowdy.com. I wrote about them sometime ago.

Now, I have come questions or concerns I'd just like to raise.

I had a chat with their representative online regarding the nature of insurance they provide for invested money. According to them, all monies invested are insured by Leadway Insurance, so investors don't lose money. However, the nature of this insurance is not disclosed. I pressed the representative further and all I got in return was that "this has not happened before". On asking how they intend to cover the loss they'll incur if it does happen, I got no response. I couldn't even elicit a response how this insurance mechanism is structured and how they interpret losses, if they do incur one. Is a loss when they fail to make their desired, expected revenue, or when they make only an insufficient percentage?

Responses from the representative were standard copy-paste responses, with some even repeated for the same questions. I find this a great concern.

I don't know if anyone has heard of Theranos (an american bio-tech coy). They came onto the scene making promises which turned out false. But it took the investigative power of a diligent WSJ journalist to out them. Unfortunately, Nigeria is not such a country gifted with tech journalists who go the distance in their investigations, else wouldn't it be nice to have someone on their case?

I'd love to know what you think of this. We need to get the detail of that insurance with Leadway.

1 Like

Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by CuteRedd(f): 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
MathsChic:
Hello All,

I'm sure some of you know about Farmcrowdy already. It's a digital agricultural platform where farm sponsors are able to purchase farms and reap rewards of up to 15% in 5-6months after gestation. Their website is www.farmcrowdy.com. I wrote about them sometime ago.

I had a chat with their representative online regarding the nature of insurance they provide for invested money. According to them, all monies invested are insured by Leadway Insurance, so investors don't lose money. However, the nature of this insurance is not disclosed. I pressed the representative further and all I got in return was that "this has not happened before". On asking how they intend to cover the loss they'll incur if it does happen, I got no response. I couldn't even elicit a response how this insurance mechanism is structured and how they interpret losses, if they do incur one. Is a loss when they fail to make their desired, expected revenue, or when they make only an insufficient percentage?

Responses from the representative were standard copy-paste responses, with some even repeated for the same questions. I find this a great concern.

I don't know if anyone has heard of Theranos (an american bio-tech coy). They came onto the scene making promises which turned out false. But it took the investigative power of a diligent WSJ journalist to out them. Unfortunately, Nigeria is not such a country gifted with tech journalists who go the distance in their investigations, else wouldn't it be nice to have someone on their case?

I'd love to know what you think of this. We need to get the detail of that insurance with Leadway.
are you saying that Leadway will refuse to bear the insurance in case loss happens
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by denowo(m): 7:55am On Aug 17, 2017
You dont expect a first level customer service or rep to have such details, besides it is normal for big companies to have a a pre determined answer so has to manage the information passed out and ensure consistency. The fact that you are a potential customer doesn't avail you access to such information.

Perhaps you could do what I just did and checkout Leadway's website to get an idea of the type of coverage they offer , below is an extract from the website

"Agric Insurance

Take the worry out of farming with any of our Agricultural insurance products. With our range of products, we offer insurance cover for your farm produce, crops, poultry, fish farm, livestock, machinery and equipment etc. against losses from fire, burglary/housebreaking, lightening, flood, explosion, windstorm and other perils by mitigating the impact of losses.

Home SME Insurance

Coverage

Get Quote Today

GET A QUOTE

Agric Insurance

Take advantage of our variety of Agric Insurance policies

Leadway Poultry Insurance Policy

This policy covers your liability as a poultry farmer or investor in the event of death of your birds which may be caused directly by fire, flood, windstorm, lightning, accident and disease. The policy secures the capital you have invested and pays the assessed value of your birds in the event of death.

Leadway Fish Farm Insurance Policy

This policy insures your fishes against death and also insures the fish pond against any collapse as a result of an accident. In the event of death of your fish stock or collapse of the fish pond, the standard coverage provided by this policy will pay you the assessed value of the fish lost and the amount required to restore the fishpond back to its position respectively.

Leadway Farm Property and Produce Insurance Policy

This policy covers your farm against loss or damage to your farm property (e.g. warehouse and farm equipment) and agricultural produce that is caused directly by fire, lightning, flood, explosion and other covered perils. The benefit accruable to this policy is compensation when your farm property or agricultural produce has been damaged or destroyed by covered perils.

Leadway Multiperils Crop Insurance Policy

This policy insures your farm against the risk of physical loss or damages to crops which may arise from fire, lightning, flood, explosion and other covered perils. Upon the occurrence of any of such accident, the policy pays for the production costs of the crops lost from planting to the crops maturity stage.

Leadway Livestock Insurance Policy

This policy covers the liability of livestock against risks of death. The standard coverage provided by the policy pays you the assessed value of the lost livestock as a result of diseases, fire, flood, lightning, windstorm and accident.

Call 01-2800700 to speak with someone in our Customer Service Team."

Farmcrowdy is new and it is right to be sceptical but in doing to we should be careful of castigation, otherwise as a nation we will never grow.

I am also a potential investor

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by MrMcJay(m): 1:45am On Sep 03, 2017
@ Denowo, Mathschic, I'm also a potential investor.

In the Insurance information shared by Denowo, there's no cover for when such crops are eaten by birds, wild animals and more particularly, fed on by fulani herdsmen and their cattle.

However, I think it's a wonderful idea and should be roundly applauded.
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by CuteRedd(f): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
MrMcJay:
@ Denowo, Mathschic, I'm also a potential investor.

In the Insurance information shared by Denowo, there's no cover for when such crops are eaten by birds, wild animals and more particularly, fed on by fulani herdsmen and their cattle.

However, I think it's a wonderful idea and should be roundly applauded.
I asked them although (thriveagric) not farm crowdy about the issue of fulani herds men and they replied that they incorporated the locals into the farming program hence they have vested interest in it.

Don't know if that's good enough but as you said it's a great initiative.

1 Like

Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by MathsChic(f): 10:40am On Oct 12, 2017
denowo:
You dont expect a first level customer service or rep to have such details, besides it is normal for big companies to have a a pre determined answer so has to manage the information passed out and ensure consistency. The fact that you are a potential customer doesn't avail you access to such information.

Perhaps you could do what I just did and checkout Leadway's website to get an idea of the type of coverage they offer , below is an extract from the web

I disagree with you completely. Farmcrowdy owes every single potential investor details of the insurance on the farm they sponsor. It's called customer service. You don't go about sourcing this information yourself, as you'll never get the complete picture from outside of the deal. What's to say what you got from Leadway is what the insurance is about?

Anyways, I sent mails to their managers already and got all the details on the insurance I need to make a decision on my investments with farmcrowdy.

5 Likes

Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by CuteRedd(f): 11:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
MathsChic:

I disagree with you completely. Farmcrowdy owes every single potential investor details of the insurance on the farm they sponsor. It's called customer service. You don't go about sourcing this information yourself, as you'll never get the complete picture from outside of the deal. What's to say what you got from Leadway is what the insurance is about?

Anyways, I sent mails to their managers already and got all the details on the insurance I need to make a decision on my investments with farmcrowdy.
pls share your findings
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by emwye(m): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
Any updates yet? Please share.
MathsChic:

Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by waffluence(m): 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
Try out a better alternative www.transberg.com.ng Here your investment is in vehicles used for transportation business. Your security in the investment vehicle is a comprehensive insurance and in case of liquidation the company is sold off to cover your outstanding investment balance. https://www.nairaland.com/3528526/transberg-transport-company-stocks
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by Dewvy(m): 2:33pm On Oct 21, 2017
Its legitimate. But I prefer www.growcropsonline.com
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by Konquest: 7:30am On Nov 20, 2017
MathsChic:
Hello All,

Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by jidobaba(m): 8:58am On Nov 20, 2017
Agric crowdfunding. It's a good plan on paper but must be hell to put to work in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by Dollabiz: 10:21am On Nov 20, 2017
Fo legit trade
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by Kcinho(m): 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
I interacted with headway about 6 months ago before investing. The insurance only covers your capital.
Farmcrowdy actually paid 2 weeks ago.
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by segxi1960: 3:03pm On Nov 20, 2017
It is.invested in it earlier in the year.
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by VERDA: 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
CuteRedd:
I asked them although (thriveagric) not farm crowdy about the issue of fulani herds men and they replied that they incorporated the locals into the farming program hence they have vested interest in it.

Don't know if that's good enough but as you said it's a great initiative.

My cousin actually works with them,he is their farm managet and manages thier farms in Jos,I was with him in October and actually visited their farms too.From my observation,they know what they are doing and have a lot of money at their disposal,apart from money they get from investors,they get grants as their system empowers local farmers and all,they recently got a grant of almost a million dollars.I hope my contribution was helpful.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by gamaliel9: 8:44am On Mar 01, 2018
https://nairametrics.com/farmcrowdy-awarded-325000-grant-from-gsma/

small small this thing go become BOOM...I think i will go into agricultural investment platforms,though profits small . They are a bit stable than bitcoin investment platforms that can disappear with your money any day without notice. I need to research more...
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by pretyprexy(f): 1:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
gamaliel9:
https://nairametrics.com/farmcrowdy-awarded-325000-grant-from-gsma/

small small this thing go become BOOM...I think i will go into agricultural investment platforms,though profits small . They are a bit stable than bitcoin investment platforms that can disappear with your money any day without notice. I need to research more...

Did you finally get to do your research? Presently, they have farms you might really want to invest in. Check https://www.farmcrowdy.com/staging/farmshop/ ....
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by gamaliel9: 2:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
i was able to find some other agric investment platforms eg, https://www.growsel.com/,http://growcropsonline.com/,https://www.thriveagric.com/ and of course farmcrowdy.

Findings- There is insurance[to an extent ooo],you can visit your farm[all within Nigeria], you are good to go either with your internet enabled phone or personal computer,gestation periods-planting,harvesting and selling of produce-3-12months depending on the crop,profits are not fantastic[ 16% for a six-month crop hmmm,7% for seven month crop,25% also for 9 to 12 month crops....these investments are not for 50k investments...from 85k upwards..no automatic reinvestment...you can invest in several farms at the same time on the same platform. Do you due diligence. I have not invested in any of them. Not exhaustive ,research more yourself
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by naijavital(m): 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by naijavital(m): 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by gamaliel9: 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2018
https://techpoint.ng/2018/03/12/farmcrowdy-office-tour/ I stumbled on this...interesting ...looking real and legit
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by LadyJackie: 2:09am On Jul 25, 2019
They are legit and many investors are getting thier profits. See other online agriculture investment platforms in Nigeria.
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by 9jawear(m): 9:20am On Nov 25, 2019
MathsChic:
Hello All,

I think the question we shoupd be asking ourselves is, their seeds and crops gmos or organic
Re: Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate? by Timibabaj(m): 12:00am On Apr 29, 2020
For a comprehensive review on Farmcrowdy.
MathsChic:
Hello All,

(1) (Reply)

GMG Inevitable Crash / MTN Must Respect Laws Of Host Countries - South Africa Deputy President / HOW TO REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS NAME REGISTRATIONS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.