Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,452 members, 7,850,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:31 AM

What I Heard In The Church Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Heard In The Church Today (381 Views)

What Is The Funniest And Most Unnecessary Testimony You Have Heard In Church. / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. / Jesus Christ ! End Time Trumpet Heard In The Sky In ISRAEL (WATCH VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Heard In The Church Today by Timijo(m): 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
Good afternoon, you are welcome to this thread.
I want to share the message that I heard today in the church. This message has blessed my life, and I pray it will bless your life too as you read through.

SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE
TOPIC: Victory Over Life's Problems
TEXT: Job 14:1
Speaker: Mummy F.M. Popoola

This message is divided into four different sub-topics which are:

1. Reality and universality of life's problems
2. Wrong attitudes to life's challenges
3. Why do Christians go through life problems?
4. How do we Triumph over all these life's problems.

1. Reality and Universality of Life's Problems

Problems of life come because we are in a fallen world. Man that is born of a woman is of a few days and full of troubles. But we thank God because Jesus has come to save us
problem of life doesn't regard race, age, wealth, location or any status quo. It is universal.
Psalms 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of all. This means that the believers are not exempted from the problems' of life, but the goodnews about it is that the Lord delivers them.
The death of a loved one who is a child of God is not a defeat but a victory because he or she has gone home to rest.
John 16:33 Jesus did not tell us that we will not have problems in this world, but He told us to be cheerful because He has overcome the world.
When I first gave my life to Christ I used to think that there is no problem again. Examples of afflictions are marital problems, persistent sicknesses, oppressions and torments in various forms, joblessness, problem in the workplace, problem with your children ( may you have prayed for their salvation and they are not yielding to Christ) The Lord Jesus is in control, they will serve Lord.

2. Wrong Attitudes to Life's Challenges[b/]

a. Disfellowship with God. This does not bring solution to your problem but it rather gives opportunity to the devil to attack you the more.
b. Some people disfellowship with Gid's children. When you do this you are disengaging from spiritual power that can help you.
c. Some people stops serving God. They withdraw from God's work. Romans 8:35
d. Some people result to fate.
e. Some people visit false prophets for help.

[b]3. Why do Christians go through life problems?

a. It is because the devil wants to destroy your faith in God just as he wanted to turn the heart of Job against God. Satan accused Job that he was serving God because He has blessed him and made him comfortable. The devil did not prevail over Job but he succeeded over his wife. The devil will not prevail over us in Jesus' name.
b. The devil afflicts Christians to stop the work of God that they are doing. Any time you are going through life's trials, please don't stop your service in the house of God.
c. Another reason is that the devil wants to destroy our destiny. God has good destiny for His children. (Jeremiah 29:11)
d. Christians go through life's problems because they are challenging him in their activities, such as prayers, evangelism, deliverance, healing and so on.
e. The devil afflicts God's children because he wants to prevent them from the land of rest (heaven). he does'nt want anyone to get to heaven, but as for us we will get there in Jesus' name.
f. The devil causes problems for us because he wants to dispossess us of our inheritance in Christ.

4. How do we Triumph over all these life's problems.
We have seen that Satan is our enemy from the Book of Ephesians 6:12. Don't see human beings as your enemies.
a. Psalms 50:16 You must never stop praying. When you have prayed and there is no result, persevere and share your burden with other God's children to join you in prayer.
Romans 8:26 You should also pray in tongue if you have the gift.
b. Believe God as you prayed. If you don't believe in your prayer, the devil will take advantage of you. So, have faith in God and what Jesus has done for you
(Mark 16:17-18). Don't hire prayer contractors who will collect your money and resources. Do the prayer by yourself and believe God for victory.
c. 1 John 5:4-5 He that is born of God overcomes the world. So, if you are not born again, you can not overcome your problem.
d. Learn to praise God at all times...Psalms 34:1. Praise God in times of problems and victories. Psalms 105:2... Praise God everyday, that is, when there is no money, food, when you fail exam or face disappointment in life, praise God for who He is in your life.
In the Book of Acts 16, Paul and Silas praised God while they were in prison and deliverance came.

Finally, I don't know what you are passing through, I don't know what the enemies have done to you. But what I know, is that my Jesus holds my tomorrow and your tomorrow. He owns your life. Don't allow the devil to give you a wrong opinion about God.
Surrender your life to Jesus and He will see you through.

(1) (Reply)

Homosexuality: A Moral Wrong Or Human Right? / See River Flowing With Blood (video) / White Woman Singing In Ibo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.