Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Terrible Accident Between A Car And Okada Claims The Lives Of 4 In Anambra(pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Terrible Accident Between A Car And Okada Claims The Lives Of 4 In Anambra(pics) (24572 Views)

Lady Crushed To Death In Anambra Accident Between Truck & Keke (Graphic) / Woman And Her Children Survive Freak Accident Between SUV And Keke In Delta. / Fatal Accident Between Truck And Keke Leaves Two Dead In Imo State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrible Accident Between A Car And Okada Claims The Lives Of 4 In Anambra(pics) by osigiepurr(m): 12:36am On Aug 14, 2017
What is wrong with Anambra State?....
So many blood sucking vultures in d land....LORD have Mercy!
Re: Terrible Accident Between A Car And Okada Claims The Lives Of 4 In Anambra(pics) by victor8269: 12:57am On Aug 14, 2017
Na Election year. Dem need serious blood for re- election
Re: Terrible Accident Between A Car And Okada Claims The Lives Of 4 In Anambra(pics) by AreaFada2: 4:35am On Aug 14, 2017
EgunMogaji:
I wonder why both Okadas didn't simply ride off road.

I'm not blaming them, of course, the overtaking vehicle is at fault but as a rider and a driver, if faced with an older Mercedes, that's built back in the days like a tank, then would choose to dive off road. Even into a raging river if need be.

Combined collision speed must be at least 100mph.

They must have been taken by surprise by the car suddenly in their lane on a narrow road.

Where will they go? Into the gutter? In fact no time sef.

The car driver did badly not to try look ahead first or avoid overtaking where a bend might obscure seeing far ahead.
Re: Terrible Accident Between A Car And Okada Claims The Lives Of 4 In Anambra(pics) by Nobody: 4:43am On Aug 14, 2017
AreaFada2:

They must have been taken by surprise by the car suddenly in their lane on a narrow road.

Where will they go? Into the gutter? In fact no time sef.

The car driver did badly not to try look ahead first or avoid overtaking where a bend might obscure seeing far ahead.

Yes, into the gutter if that's what it takes.

But yes, the driver was negligent but that doesn't help the poor dead folks.
Re: Terrible Accident Between A Car And Okada Claims The Lives Of 4 In Anambra(pics) by AreaFada2: 4:49am On Aug 14, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Yes, into the gutter if that's what it takes.

But yes, the driver was negligent but that doesn't help the poor dead folks.
Well, if at all they had time to enter the gutter, they'd probably still end up dead anyway. Maybe they even tried in vain to. One bike is inside the gutter.

Because entering the gutter at speed would mean been flung far or crushed into the gutter. It was between a rock & a hard place.

We are talking of probably a second to react by the bikes riders. The passengers on the bikes had no chance of doing anything at all. Only God saves in such situations.
Re: Terrible Accident Between A Car And Okada Claims The Lives Of 4 In Anambra(pics) by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 14, 2017
AreaFada2:

Well, if at all they had time to enter the gutter, they'd probably still end up dead anyway. Maybe they even tried in vain to. One bike is inside the gutter.

Because entering the gutter at speed would mean been flung far or crushed into the gutter. It was between a rock & a hard place.

We are talking of probably a second to react by the bikes riders. The passengers on the bikes had no chance of doing anything at all. Only God saves in such situations.

God doesn't save.

Good sharp riding skills is what saves.

Regardless, I'll never know why the bikes didn't go off road when they saw a car ahead of them.
Re: Terrible Accident Between A Car And Okada Claims The Lives Of 4 In Anambra(pics) by AreaFada2: 5:14am On Aug 14, 2017
EgunMogaji:

God doesn't save.

Good sharp riding skills is what saves.

Regardless, I'll never know why the bikes didn't go off road when they saw a car ahead of them.

Look, we're talking of 9ja here. Do most drivers and riders actually learn proper driving/riding or take safety on the road matters seriously?

It is only a miracle that more people do not die on the roads. Do we know if the old car had a good working break? Many cars on our roads do not have o. Anything goes.

That you personally adhered to good driving practices doesn't mean your fellow road user does. But every road user who does the right thing means one less potential disaster waiting to happen.
Re: Terrible Accident Between A Car And Okada Claims The Lives Of 4 In Anambra(pics) by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 14, 2017
AreaFada2:

Look, we're talking of 9ja here. Do most drivers and riders actually learn proper driving/riding or take safety on the road matters seriously?

It is only a miracle that more people do not die on the roads. Do we know if the old car had a good working break? Many cars on our roads do not have o. Anything goes.

That you personally adhered to good driving practices doesn't mean your fellow road user does. But every road user who does the right thing means one less potential disaster waiting to happen.

I know it's Naija, I ride and drive in Naija so I am qualified to speak on that.

All I'm saying, and I made sure not to quote anyone, was that I find it odd that two separate motorcyclists were unable to get out of the way of a maniac car driver.

To me it's a valid question.

I do not care about the car, if it has good breaks or being driven by the devil.

All that concerns me is the inability of the motorcyclists to get out of it's way.
Re: Terrible Accident Between A Car And Okada Claims The Lives Of 4 In Anambra(pics) by AreaFada2: 5:30am On Aug 14, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I know it's Naija, I ride and drive in Naija so I am qualified to speak on that.

All I'm saying, and I made sure not to quote anyone, was that I find it odd that two separate motorcyclists were unable to get out of the way of a maniac car driver.

To me it's a valid question.

I do not care about the car, if it has good breaks or being driven by the devil.

All that concerns me is the inability of the motorcyclists to get out of it's way.
That we will never know for sure. Surely near misses happen daily. A combination of instinct/reflexes, carefulness & luck. Sadly in this case it was a tragedy. Since no video capture to analyse.

I guess the authorities should sensitise the general public more.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Man's Head Smashed By A Speeding Driver In Edo State. Graphic Photos / Car Veers Off A Bridge, Lands In A Ditch But Driver Still Came Out Unhurt.Photos / Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.