Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures (3389 Views)

SOLD..! Nikon D3100 Professional Camera For Videos And Pictures / SOLD Used Nikon D3100 Photo And Video Camera / Nairalander Captures Stunning Images Of Lagos Island Skyscrapers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by haydeey(m): 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
Are you one of the book-smart, intelligent efikos on Nairaland?
If yes, come and prove yourself!!

“Photos“, “Pictures” and the word “Image”are three most confusingly and wrongly used words that I have ever come across in real life and on Social media.

Sometimes, I hear people say “Pictures”, while some prefer to just simply say “Photos”.And in most cases I have encountered some people who will use the word “Image” in similar context as those that will use “Photos” and “Pictures”.

Meanwhile, I have been tempted to conclude that the three words are the same but I think I have to be sure. So, we need clarifications as regards the differences that exist among the three words.

The question here is,What Is The Difference Between Photo, Image & Picture?

Let’s see who is intelligent enough to give us the correct answer to this!!Drop your comment.

Lets learn on Nairaland!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by Caustics: 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2017
did they ask you in an interview?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by haydeey(m): 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2017
Caustics:
did they ask you in an interview?
lol... no..
just wanna learn more
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by olaleks007(m): 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2017
haydeey:
Are you one of the book-smart, intelligent efikos on Nairaland?
If yes, come and prove yourself!!

“Photos“, “Pictures” and the word “Image”are three most confusingly and wrongly used words that I have ever come across in real life and on Social media.

Sometimes, I hear people say “Pictures”, while some prefer to just simply say “Photos”.And in most cases I have encountered some people who will use the word “Image” in similar context as those that will use “Photos” and “Pictures”.

Meanwhile, I have been tempted to conclude that the three words are the same but I think I have to be sure. So, we need clarifications as regards the differences that exist among the three words.

The question here is,What Is The Difference Between Photo, Image & Picture?

Let’s see who is intelligent enough to give us the correct answer to this!!Drop your comment.

Lets learn on Nairaland!

Op...u no get dictionary for house ni
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by haydeey(m): 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2017
olaleks007:

Op...u no get dictionary for house ni
shey you don't know the answer ni?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by MasterKim: 12:10am On Aug 14, 2017
Simple question
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by haydeey(m): 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
MasterKim:
Simple question
oya what's the answer
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by MasterKim: 4:25am On Aug 15, 2017
haydeey:

oya what's the answer
I dnt knw it
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by OKX(m): 10:07am On Aug 15, 2017
A photo should be used exclusively for those captured by a camera.
A picture refers to a painting or drawing/illustration.
An image though widely used for any photo or artwork, traditionally refers to the artwork in a computer file.

However, since they all refer to pics and images they are often used interchangeably.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by haydeey(m): 12:06am On Aug 17, 2017
MasterKim:
I dnt knw it
you see
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by haydeey(m): 12:07am On Aug 17, 2017
OKX:
A photo should be used exclusively for those captured by a camera.
A picture refers to a painting or drawing/illustration.
An image though widely used for any photo or artwork, traditionally refers to the artwork in a computer file.

However, since they all refer to pics and images they are often used interchangeably.
thanks bro
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by OfficialGsquare: 11:51am On Aug 19, 2017
Image is simply a form of visualized art, and it is not physical or something that could be held.

For example, @Op, I may have your image based on my perception of you or through my imagination without seeing you.

Picture on the other hand is a an art or object captured by a camera and it is only displayed on screen as a soft copy.

While photo is the output you get after snapping or taking a picture i.e the hard copy.

My opinion, subjected to correction.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by haydeey(m): 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
OfficialGsquare:
Image is simply a form of visualized art, and it is not physical or something that could be held.

For example, @Op, I may have your image based on my perception of you or through my imagination without seeing you.

Picture on the other hand is a an art or object captured by a camera and it is only displayed on screen as a soft copy.

While photo is the output you get after snapping or taking a picture i.e the hard copy.

My opinion, subjected to correction.
wow thanks
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by OfficialGsquare: 9:05am On Aug 20, 2017
haydeey:

wow thanks

You are mostly welcome
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by stefangrim: 4:07am On May 17, 2022
If honestly, I've never considered that I misuse these three words, and I often use them wrong. But I don't think I have to condemn myself for that.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by stefangrim: 11:38am On May 18, 2022
If honestly, I've never considered that I misuse these three words, and I often use them wrong. But I don't think I have to condemn myself for that. I like to take pictures; I also like to draw! Art is part of my daily routine, but I'm okay with every word I use. At least I know exactly that I recently ordered some canvas print photos, namely photos. After having a photo session with the family, I said that we have to put these memories on the wall as well! We live in the digital age, but it's still better to print these pictures on canvas because they will last longer.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by amilebills(f): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2022
Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. colorize old photos
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by AndroidAI(m): 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2022
The terms "image," "photo," and "picture" are often used interchangeably to refer to a visual representation of something. However, there are some subtle differences between these terms.

An image is a broad term that can refer to any visual representation, whether it is a drawing, a diagram, or a photograph. An image can be two-dimensional, like a painting or a print, or it can be three-dimensional, like a sculpture or a model.

A photo, short for photograph, is a specific type of image that is created by capturing light with a camera. Photos are typically realistic and detailed, capturing a moment in time.

A picture is also a specific type of image, but it can be a painting, drawing, or photograph. The term "picture" often implies that the image is intended to be aesthetically pleasing or to convey a specific message or emotion.

In general, the terms "image," "photo," and "picture" are often used interchangeably, but a photo is a type of image that is specifically created with a camera, and a picture is an image that is intended to be aesthetically pleasing or to convey a specific message
Re: What Is The Difference Between Images, Photo And Pictures by socialmedia012: 12:34pm On Feb 27, 2023
Thanks for the blog post buddy! Keep them coming... animate photos app

(1) (Reply)

Please What Color Is Best For This Design... Help! / Mint Canon 6D With Accessories For Sale / Small Animation Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.