Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:22 PM

Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience (1151 Views)

I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 / Pls I Need Ur Advice / What Is Your Thoughts And Experience On Toyota Camry 2016? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by malawi14(m): 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2017
I owned a Nissan altima 2008 ride 2.5s....I have been using it for almost a year now,yesterday after church while driving home I noticed the car was jerking while on motion and like 5 mins later the car stopped accelerating and was still on,cudnt reverse cudnt go forward yet was still on, so I had to push to neutral and beg some guys to help me push to a corner were I packed.some say its a rewire thing while others say its mechanical......pls I need ur experience thanks.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by mokset123: 8:10pm On Aug 14, 2017
malawi14:
I owned a Nissan altima 2008 ride 2.5s....I have been using it for almost a year now,yesterday after church while driving home I noticed the car was jerking while on motion and like 5 mins later the car stopped accelerating and was still on,cudnt reverse cudnt go forward yet was still on, so I had to push to neutral and beg some guys to help me push to a corner were I packed.some say its a rewire thing while others say its mechanical......pls I need ur experience thanks.

The first thing most people would say is run a diagnostic especially if your engine check light has been on
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by honmusa(m): 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
malawi14:
Information provided is too minimal to deduce whatever may be wrong .Try put the car in neutral and try to rev it and see if you can rev it almost to the redline without hesitating .
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by malawi14(m): 12:23am On Aug 15, 2017
I tried reversing and going forward it won't..just on a stand still....den I tried to accelerate while on neutral to help check both gears but same problem.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by honmusa(m): 3:50am On Aug 15, 2017
malawi14:
I tried reversing and going forward it won't..just on a stand still....den I tried to accelerate while on neutral to help check both gears but same problem.
you still don't get it.You already mentioned earlier that the car is not moving .
The next question is ??Can you rev (raise ) the car from 1000 to almost the redline on your tachometer ?Yes or No??
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by honmusa(m): 3:58am On Aug 15, 2017
malawi14:
Try to focus more on things that are working rather than what is not working will help in troubleshooting the issue .
You need to learn to explain better than panicking unnecessarily. Techie that will come and resolve the problem need information to work .
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by sultaan(m): 4:22am On Aug 15, 2017
A fifteen year old girl might have done better explaining car problems.

Driving your car and not checking the guages is the worst thing to do apart from knowing nothing about cars.

Your gauges would have given you an indication but you didn't pay attention that is why the asked if you can still redlining in neutral to eliminate engine failure
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by malawi14(m): 8:02am On Aug 15, 2017
I can't raise beyond 80,when it goes beyond 100 it jecks...I check my gauges regularly even while driving....I don't think it might be the sensor
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by honmusa(m): 8:06am On Aug 15, 2017
malawi14:
I can't raise beyond 80,when it goes beyond 100 it jecks...I check my gauges regularly even while driving....I don't think it might be the sensor
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by honmusa(m): 8:07am On Aug 15, 2017
malawi14:
Seems it a powertrain issue rather than transmission .You need a good tech to check this for you .State your location and let see if you can get help from any nearby techie.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by malawi14(m): 9:11am On Aug 15, 2017
I stay around dopemu,wen I raise towards the redline...then I tried pushing the gear on drive..but the car wudnt move.thanks for the love
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by sultaan(m): 2:00am On Aug 16, 2017
malawi14:
I stay around dopemu,wen I raise towards the redline...then I tried pushing the gear on drive..but the car wudnt move.thanks for the love

Never do that engaging gear 1 at 6000 rpm.

Since you can raise towards red line engine is ok, check you shifter linkage, and state what work was done on the car in the last 2 months. Unfortunately if the reverse does not work either your chain could have broken in the CVT transmission. Putting in wrong fluid might cause that too
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by honmusa(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2017
malawi14:
Which one you want us to take now ,you stated earlier that u cannot raise beyond 80 and now you put it again that you can raise towards redline .
You seem confused!!
Contact mayor123 ,he around your area !!
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice And Experience by twinskenny(m): 10:26am On Aug 16, 2017
honmusa:

Which one you want us to take now ,you stated earlier that u cannot raise beyond 80 and now you put it again that you can raise towards redline .
You seem confused!!
Contact mayor123 ,he around your area !!

You are a good person.. op follow the advice don't call road side mech oo run test first

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Guidance / Ikpeazu Procures Innoson Vehicles For Police ... Promises To Complete The Zone 9 / Please Help: My Mazda 626 2002 Millennia Doesn't Start In The Morning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.