Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Site Vs Office Project Engineer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Site Vs Office Project Engineer (655 Views)

CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - Senior Project Engineer / CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - Project Engineer / Total E&P Project Engineer Aptitude And Technica Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site Vs Office Project Engineer by Osinitu(m): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
A big salute to my Engineers in the house,

I have been pondering over something and decided to bring it here to have opinions of more experienced engineers. I want to enquire, which is more beneficial career wise, working as a project engineer in the office involving in the design and other things or being on the site as a site engineer supervising and being involved in the construction or execution of the project?? If given both choices which will you advice a young engineer to select?

Your responses will be highly appreciated.

Thanks ahead.
Re: Site Vs Office Project Engineer by wtfcoded: 11:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
Site engineer.
More paying, more interesting and more fun
Re: Site Vs Office Project Engineer by Blizzy9ja: 6:08am On Aug 15, 2017
Life is in stages, so it is always adviced you start from the site so that you can appreciate the dynamics of the profession, you can later coordinate from the office and then you can visit the site once in a while to inspect... In most cases this is actually determined by organisational hierachy

As an assistant project engineer, I go to site, get report from the foremen on site, and den report back to my project engineer who now reports to the project manager... Thats how it works
Re: Site Vs Office Project Engineer by Osinitu(m): 6:53am On Aug 15, 2017
Blizzy9ja:
Life is in stages, so it is always adviced you start from the site so that you can appreciate the dynamics of the profession, you can later coordinate from the office and then you can visit the site once in a while to inspect... In most cases this is actually determined by organisational hierachy

As an assistant project engineer, I go to site, get report from the foremen on site, and den report back to my project engineer who now reports to the project manager... Thats how it works
Thanks sir, really helpful tips
Re: Site Vs Office Project Engineer by Osinitu(m): 6:54am On Aug 15, 2017
wtfcoded:
Site engineer.
More paying, more interesting and more fun
Thanks sir....I know better nw
Re: Site Vs Office Project Engineer by shedy03(m): 5:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
Osinitu:
A big salute to my Engineers in the house,

I have been pondering over something and decided to bring it here to have opinions of more experienced engineers. I want to enquire, which is more beneficial career wise, working as a project engineer in the office involving in the design and other things or being on the site as a site engineer supervising and being involved in the construction or execution of the project?? If given both choices which will you advice a young engineer to select?

Your responses will be highly appreciated.

Thanks ahead.
i like site work, its more challenging. plus, there is better money on site for the duration of the project.
Re: Site Vs Office Project Engineer by Osinitu(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
shedy03:

i like site work, its more challenging. plus, there is better money on site for the duration of the project.
You're right sir
Re: Site Vs Office Project Engineer by lightdream: 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
site is the way.you get exposed and implement onsite.you face challenges and see the reality onsite.its best you start onsite and maybe convert to office later and not otherwise.i had the otherway experience and not as good as i have dreamt.
Re: Site Vs Office Project Engineer by shedy03(m): 6:42am On Aug 16, 2017
lightdream:
site is the way.you get exposed and implement onsite.you face challenges and see the reality onsite.its best you start onsite and maybe convert to office later and not otherwise.i had the otherway experience and not as good as i have dreamt.
i started at the office, later moved to site.
Re: Site Vs Office Project Engineer by segneyukk(m): 8:03am On Aug 16, 2017
call or watsapp segney: 08068595761 for your classy architectural design or to give you a classy 3D for your plans both interior and exterior...you deserve the best..

Re: Site Vs Office Project Engineer by segneyukk(m): 8:13am On Aug 16, 2017
Am a civil engineer knowlegeable in architectural,structural designs and also knowledgeable in road construction... I will appreciate any job offer or connection for a job..pls help a brother..thanks Segun :08068595761

(1) (Reply)

Business Reasoning Assessment / Internal Firm Service Arm Of Pwc???? / The Messi In Wizkid And The Ronaldo In Davido; A Juxtaposition Of Talent And Har

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.