Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,322 members, 7,860,770 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:57 PM

My Friend's Encounter With A Fraudster On Nairaland - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Friend's Encounter With A Fraudster On Nairaland (570 Views)

Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu / Between A Nairalander And A Fraudster From Facebook (Screenshots) / SARS Operatives Shoot Man Wrongly Labeled A Fraudster In Ojota - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend's Encounter With A Fraudster On Nairaland by ottohan: 1:09am On Aug 15, 2017
A friend of mine came across a Data selling advert here on NL, she was about to start a transaction but after informing me of her intentions, I then told her to make enquires so as to be sure if its authentic.
This was the advert that she saw;

Re: My Friend's Encounter With A Fraudster On Nairaland by ottohan: 1:14am On Aug 15, 2017
she then decided to chat up the advertizer on Whatsaap, so that she'd be convinced and the following conversation took place

Re: My Friend's Encounter With A Fraudster On Nairaland by ottohan: 1:27am On Aug 15, 2017
As you can observe , the person was just emphasizing on the word "NOW", peharps so as to quickly get the money and probably block her on whatsapp for good. After the first few chats she had with the person, the person sounded so genuine, but she then asked a very shrewd question (see screen shots below)....i.e how will she check the data balance for nite plan on GLO?

Re: My Friend's Encounter With A Fraudster On Nairaland by ottohan: 1:36am On Aug 15, 2017
Now , where the fraudster got busted was in the fact that there is actually no code for checking data balance for NIGHT PLANS and moreover, when transfering data, it can not discern for its self weather its only for night or day browsing

Re: My Friend's Encounter With A Fraudster On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:54am On Aug 15, 2017
Nobody is trying to scam you. She is the one trying to scam that dude. I get my data from them... They are real.
Re: My Friend's Encounter With A Fraudster On Nairaland by mercyland93(m): 5:21am On Aug 15, 2017
Nairalanders just need to be carefully in dealing with them, cus most ar fraudsters
I came across one advert on dis platform which I subscribe to nd I pay 1500 for 5gb via the GTB account no (0123756564 Daodu Opeyemi) dat useless oloriburuku man send to me.
I ve earlier written on this platform that people shouldn't try to get a data from a nairalander advert. Especially advert wt phone no 08141629384 cus d man is an oloriburuku afonja thief.
Moreover nairalander Admin should just try not to allow any advert on this platform without going through d normal channel.

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Encounter With A Fraudster On Nairaland by Fourwinds: 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
my question is y must u buy data online...u want cheap data and u will pay for it dearly
Re: My Friend's Encounter With A Fraudster On Nairaland by Fourwinds: 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
psycho1:
Nobody is trying to scam you. She is the one trying to scam that dude. I get my data from them... They are real.
I no even blame u wey dey talk like this...I blame d person wey wan buy data....na greedy fly dey follow dead body enter grave

(1) (Reply)

Indonesia Adopts New Punishment For Sex Offenders & Paedophiles. / Help! Gtb Has Debited Me Wrongly / How I Murdered My Newly Born Baby For Money Ritual - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.